A Stealth Coup d'État in the United States

Start Over. . . send a message. . . vote out all incumbents from both houses of Congress!

Then demand the following:
- demand term limits
- end lifetime Congressional pensions
- move all funds from Congressional Retirement Fund into Social Security
- Congress participates in Social Security , or set-up their own private retirement programs
- Congress participates in same health care programs as rest of population
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose upon citizens
- end Congressional self-pay raises

End Political Careers ! Originally Posted by MrGiz
OK. Take every incumbent and turn them out of office. The make up of the next Congress will be almost exactly the same. The ideology of the person from your Congressional District reflects the ideology of the voters. You people talk like you've never seen redistricting software. It can slice and dice by the sides of the street and project voting patterns to within one or two points.

A second result from turning out those with experience is that anybody who is elected, unless they themselves have been Congressional staffers, will be entirely staff reliant. It takes about three terms to understand the basics how the place works whether you are a staffer or a member. It takes a lifetime to master the place. Do you really think that a bunch of newbies, no matter how well motivated, can really comprehend hundreds of pages of bills a week on subjects as diverse as farm economics, national security, air quality, foreign policy, taxation, etc. No in a million years.
even the brightest office holders with law degrees who are trained to read statutes can't do that.

A fruit basket turn over plan would just entrench more power in the hands of a few unelected party leaders and senior staffers. Y'all haven't spent a lick of time thinking this through.
I have not considered it but if you're offering, I will be more than happy to take you up on it. How much?

As for making "fun of conservatives." I only make fun of the "conservatives" who make ridiculously stupid statements and try to pass them off as fact. Read 'em and weep!

No, you would be listed directly above Joe the Plumber. Yours would be listed under Joe the Bloehard Originally Posted by bigtex

I'll be more precise. When I asked the rhetorical question of whether or not America could survive another four years of Obama. I was speaking of America, as we know it, surviving. I wasn't suggesting that the country would literally cease to exist. I assumed, mistakenly, that no one would be so dim witted as to think that I was suggesting that the country would might actually cease to exist.

Sometimes, I forget that some people take everything literally. In the future, If I call Obama the Devil, and I probably will, it doesn't mean that I actually think he has a tail and horns. If you want to bet a hundred dollars that Obama isn't literally the Devil, I won't take that bet either.

Obama doesn't plan on causing the country to cease to exist. He just wants to fundamentally transform it.
To be called a dunce by FastGoon and BigTurd is more of an honor than an insult. I'll wear that title from you proudly. If you thought I was ok, there would definitely be something wrong with me.

So thank you! This way I know I am not a statist or a submit, conform, comply Obamaton. It feels good! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
There's an old saying that you can judge a man by his enemies and by his friends. By that standard, I'll be happy claim SlowGoon and BigTurd as enemies not friends.
  • Doove
  • 07-07-2012, 07:27 PM
OK. Take every incumbent and turn them out of office. The make up of the next Congress will be almost exactly the same. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
While your post does make sense regarding the points you raised, i think the point of term limits is to allow for a system whereby the people in office are not so consumed with the idea of being re-elected.

You raised some interesting negatives, but the positives would be almost endless. It would eliminate the inherent advantage that incumbents have at election time, it would allow them to make the difficult decisions that they all seem so loathe to make, it would allow them to serve all their constituents as opposed to just the ones that vote heavily in elections, it would make pork less necessary, which would make approving everyone else's pork to get your own pork not so vital, it would go a long way towards decreasing the influence of moneyed interests, and on and on.

No system is going to be without it's own cons, but i've long thought that the positives would outweigh whatever the negatives might be.
THH, the point of getting rid of them would not be so that they could learn what and how the same old crooks did business and repeat it. The point would be to have them dismantle all the stupid shit they have done and get out of our basements, bedrooms and checkbook. They don't need to know farm economics, oil economics, how to run teachers unions or gamble on green technologies with tax funded dollars, or how to succeed in wiping all the asses of every American's that won't do it for themselves, just to name a few. After eight years or so of undoing the stupidity, then the next wave of new guys could focus on undoing the rest of the mess.
I'll be more precise. When I asked the rhetorical question of whether or not America could survive another four years of Obama. I was speaking of America, as we know it, surviving. I wasn't suggesting that the country would literally cease to exist. I assumed, mistakenly, that no one would be so dim witted as to think that I was suggesting that the country would might actually cease to exist. Originally Posted by joe bloe
I shall return the "more precise" favor Mr. Bloehard. Your so called "rhetorical question" left no room for interpretation. It was an either/or with the 'either' being "the results of the November election" would determine the 'or' which you specifically stated whether "this country can go on living or not." Those were your words, not mine.

Specifically, your exact words were as follows:

Waiting for the results of the November election, is like waiting to find out if you've got an inoperable malignant brain tumor. We're going to find out if this country can go on living or not. Originally Posted by joe bloe
As I said in the last paragraph, there is absolutely no room for interpretation of the above referenced remark. Cry foul all that you want, but I just took your exact words and tried to make a profit off of them. Can you blame me? You Far Right Wing-Nuts love to extoll the virtues of the Capatalistic Society. I was just trying to join in the fun and make a few easy $$$$ along the way. As for you? You just happened to be the imbecile caught in the middle of my capitalistic, money making scheme, errrrrr project!

Gee, I kinda like being "more precise." It's somewhat exhilarating! I'm going to have to do this precise thing more often.
If it is a "stealth" coup d'etat, how come you know about it?
The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people. – Ron Paul
The moral and constitutional obligations of our representatives in Washington are to protect our liberty, not coddle the world, precipitating no-win wars, while bringing bankruptcy and economic turmoil to our people. – Ron Paul Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
There is little doubt in my mind that Ron Paul was a skilled OB/GYN.

Next!!!!!
  • WTF
  • 07-08-2012, 05:13 AM
OK. Take every incumbent and turn them out of office. The make up of the next Congress will be almost exactly the same. The ideology of the person from your Congressional District reflects the ideology of the voters. You people talk like you've never seen redistricting software. It can slice and dice by the sides of the street and project voting patterns to within one or two points.

A second result from turning out those with experience is that anybody who is elected, unless they themselves have been Congressional staffers, will be entirely staff reliant. It takes about three terms to understand the basics how the place works whether you are a staffer or a member. It takes a lifetime to master the place. Do you really think that a bunch of newbies, no matter how well motivated, can really comprehend hundreds of pages of bills a week on subjects as diverse as farm economics, national security, air quality, foreign policy, taxation, etc. No in a million years.
even the brightest office holders with law degrees who are trained to read statutes can't do that.

A fruit basket turn over plan would just entrench more power in the hands of a few unelected party leaders and senior staffers. Y'all haven't spent a lick of time thinking this through. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
It is like saying that it is the janitors turn to be the CEO of Exxon. REdistricting is what should be addressed.
  • Doove
  • 07-08-2012, 05:32 AM
It is like saying that it is the janitors turn to be the CEO of Exxon. REdistricting is what should be addressed. Originally Posted by WTF
I think if we were to focus on just one issue, it should be how campaigns are financed.
  • WTF
  • 07-08-2012, 05:38 AM
Yes that too.
OK. Take every incumbent and turn them out of office. The make up of the next Congress will be almost exactly the same. The ideology of the person from your Congressional District reflects the ideology of the voters. You people talk like you've never seen redistricting software. It can slice and dice by the sides of the street and project voting patterns to within one or two points. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
To quote a math TA, who was quoting a very senior professor, "I haff a counterexample!"

The US Senate seat formerly held by Grand Senator For Life Teddy Kennedy (D-MA) is now held by a Tea Party Republican.
  • MrGiz
  • 07-08-2012, 06:55 AM
I believe many of us simpletons understand why the bills are hundreds of pages long...
Surely, you must know that you and the old geezer have no friends regardless of how you malign or misspell their names.

At your funeral I doubt there will be anyone anywhere to read a eulogy for either of you, but it will surely be a relief for us all when we are no longer bombarded with your trash posts.

I imagine as a last resort, they might call in your mother would would probably start off by saying something like

. . ."first of all it was a 48 hr labor and the little monster had a head like a basketball!"

There's an old saying that you can judge a man by his enemies and by his friends. By that standard, I'll be happy claim SlowGoon and BigTurd as enemies not friends. Originally Posted by joe bloe