Here Fishy Fishy

for what its worth...I fish the mouth of Brazos in that area, Wolf Island side only. Less of all the unwanted. Daytime pumpkin seed and chartreuse tail on a 1/8 oz screw head with red painted eyes. Top water bone she dog with black & yellow eyes and red hooks. Occasionally I catch trash fish. At night switch to live shrimp and catch bait fish. The bait fish are rigged with a dorsal hook and a tail hook. I'm not angry at the fish like I once was so I only seek-em once a week or so.
No bag or size limit for croaker - nongame fish.

Hard heads or gaftopsail as they are called is considered a game fish and has a 14 inch min and no bag limit.
DM you need to throat punch them hard heads to teach them a lesson so won't be eating your bait. Originally Posted by swarley69
Fuck That I Need A Towel & Pliers lol
Is that legal?

I gained a whole new respect for those bastards when I got finned by one in the big toe a few years ago. Holy shit that hurt, got nauseous, cold sweats. I do everything possible to shake them loose.ha Originally Posted by ripiceman
I never been stung but my dad has and it wasn't pretty lol
SHIT!

That's why I quit fishing. Hunting too. Buy a dang combo license and what can you do, without buying all manner of stamps? Kill hogs is about all. Can't even kill feral cats when there oughta be bounties on 'em.

Hardheads are like roaches or rats. I guess the day is approaching when killing those bastards will cost you...and government prospers. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Ive had my life time fishing license for 7 years and haven't seen a game warden yet smh But when I didn't have a license he was everywhere lol
for what its worth...I fish the mouth of Brazos in that area, Wolf Island side only. Less of all the unwanted. Daytime pumpkin seed and chartreuse tail on a 1/8 oz screw head with red painted eyes. Top water bone she dog with black & yellow eyes and red hooks. Occasionally I catch trash fish. At night switch to live shrimp and catch bait fish. The bait fish are rigged with a dorsal hook and a tail hook. I'm not angry at the fish like I once was so I only seek-em once a week or so. Originally Posted by breadcrumb
Its hard to get there with no truck ugh lol
Its hard to get there with no truck ugh lol Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe

I got one.....
Ok, finally found something, notice it says fish. I think spent too much time on this.ha

Waste of Game: It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal or fish and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal or fish in an edible condition.
Wolf Island is between the Bernard and Brazos. You need a boat. A few paddle canoes but the Brazos current is dangerous and knows no prejudice.
Wolf Island is between the Bernard and Brazos. You need a boat. A few paddle canoes but the Brazos current is dangerous and knows no prejudice. Originally Posted by breadcrumb
I miss read that lol I got to excited..
Ok, finally found something, notice it says fish. I think spent too much time on this.ha

Waste of Game: It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal or fish and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal or fish in an edible condition. Originally Posted by ripiceman
Lol good work

Waste of Game: It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal or fish and intentionally, knowingly or recklessly or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal or fish in an edible condition. Originally Posted by ripiceman
Who eats hardheads? I've heard of Yankees eating buzzard, thinking they killed a turkey and not sure which is worse. Ladyfish and bonefish are different...they're supposed to be bad eating but...unlike friggin' hardheads...they're fun to catch and should be released healthy as possible. Roosterfish too.
Lol good work Originally Posted by Dorthy_Monroe
Lol, thanks. Waking up at 3 am and not able to fall back asleep paid off on this meaningless topic.ha
Who eats hardheads? I've heard of Yankees eating buzzard, thinking they killed a turkey and not sure which is worse. Ladyfish and bonefish are different...they're supposed to be bad eating but...unlike friggin' hardheads...they're fun to catch and should be released healthy as possible. Roosterfish too. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
Ladyfish are a blast to catch, they're like a baby tarpon.ha. I've hooked a ton of them but only actually landed a few.

As far as heardheads, me and a couple of my cousins back in the day got drunk enough to skin one and pan fry it..this oil substance was oozing out of it. Even after God knows how much whisky no one would try it.ha
Who eats hardheads? I've heard of Yankees eating buzzard, thinking they killed a turkey and not sure which is worse. Ladyfish and bonefish are different...they're supposed to be bad eating but...unlike friggin' hardheads...they're fun to catch and should be released healthy as possible. Roosterfish too. Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak
ASIANS