Specials, Discounts, Rates.....

SS....of course the providers you've seen wouldn't discuss it during your time together. If they had, it'd be in bad taste (my opinion). Originally Posted by MsElena
Over the hobby years I had an policy of honesty with anyone I saw more than once. They knew enough about me that I would have been in trouble if I had done something wrong. I have met ladies friends, relatives and even an ex once. I am sometimes too open and that can and has gotten me in trouble before more than once. And I have heard the stories from one extreme to another. But no place near 1 in 3 for the "discounters" stories.

If it didn't happen so much, there wouldn't be a need for this type of thread in any forum on any board. Providers talk, hobbyists talk....its been a topic of numerous threads. Originally Posted by MsElena
So this is what I was looking for, one second thought, perhaps providers get a rep for accepting "lowered offers? So you get few because you accept none and Monique gets more because she has had to accept a few? I'm sure guys would never use the boys room to share information like that.......
Over the hobby years I had an policy of honesty with anyone I saw more than once. They knew enough about me that I would have been in trouble if I had done something wrong. I have met ladies friends, relatives and even an ex once. I am sometimes too open and that can and has gotten me in trouble before more than once. And I have heard the stories from one extreme to another. But no place near 1 in 3 for the "discounters" stories.

So this is what I was looking for, one second thought, perhaps providers get a rep for accepting "lowered offers? So you get few because you accept none and Monique gets more because she has had to accept a few? I'm sure guys would never use the boys room to share information like that....... Originally Posted by ss4699

I can't speak for Monique, but I personally can't agree with the 1 in 3 statement for myself. Maybe for some its the norm. But, I think if guys notice a certain number of reviews were the fee varies, then they are more inclined to ask.

As for the boys room, I can't say for sure what is discussed in there. I don't have access nor do I wish to have access to that information. But, I will say this much.....people back channel information like crazy and I know some hobbyists will kiss and tell during "pillow talk."
I'm sure guys would never use the boys room to share information like that....... Originally Posted by ss4699
That wouldn't matter. We know the ladies find out that information anyways.

Ms. Elena, I never thought about the different rates in reviews aspect. I could see where some hobbyists could ask for the lower of the review rates hoping a "special" was still in place. Also, a lot of providers want no rate discussion. How would it be handled if someone paid a rate that was in a review that may have been lower because the lady was offering a special, assuming the mistake is completely honest on the hobbyists' part?

I noticed something that does bother me about rates involving "specials." Yesterday,there was a provider advertising a special and to contact her for the rates. I emailed her and asked about her special rate. The rate she quoted me was her normal rate, which is not a special. I would see her at her regular rate without thinking about it, but I was frustrated at the deception. I see where it would be frustrating on both sides.... guys asking for discounts and women not offering specials even though they are advertising them.
The highly variable rate can be a problem for me as well. I will actually avoid a woman who bounces her rate around, just to avoid the frustration.

As to Monique's 'broke ass' comment, a few words. I don't try to negotiate rates - just not my thing. However, I have witnessed very wealthy people haggle for the best price over very small sums of money. Some people just have it programmed in them to haggle. I wouldn't assume a person was 'broke' because he tries to haggle.
That wouldn't matter. We know the ladies find out that information anyways.

Ms. Elena, I never thought about the different rates in reviews aspect. I could see where some hobbyists could ask for the lower of the review rates hoping a "special" was still in place. Also, a lot of providers want no rate discussion. How would it be handled if someone paid a rate that was in a review that may have been lower because the lady was offering a special, assuming the mistake is completely honest on the hobbyists' part?

I noticed something that does bother me about rates involving "specials." Yesterday,there was a provider advertising a special and to contact her for the rates. I emailed her and asked about her special rate. The rate she quoted me was her normal rate, which is not a special. I would see her at her regular rate without thinking about it, but I was frustrated at the deception. I see where it would be frustrating on both sides.... guys asking for discounts and women not offering specials even though they are advertising them. Originally Posted by kcbigpapa

BigPapa (sounds so dirty, but yet I love saying it lol),

Usually when reviews are done by seasoned hobbyists, they'll add in that the rate given was a discount or special. Now, if a lady has a special, but doesn't want to discuss her rate.....that's her problem to figure out and can't get upset with the hobbyist if he doesn't know her regular rates. If I offer a discount or special to my clients, I make sure its on my website and tell them to refer to my rates page.

As for providers who offer a so called special when really its her regular rate....that's deception as you said. I can only speculate as to why they do it and can understand the frustration you guys feel. That would tie into the "leaving town soon" thread in the sandbox area. Its about marketing themselves, but they're going about it in the wrong. It may bring in some new clients, but it'll upset more clients in the long run.

And the "broke ass" comment, Lacrew responded best.
As for providers who offer a so called special when really its her regular rate....that's deception as you said. Originally Posted by MsElena
I was actually wrong about the special I posted about previously. I double checked and her rate she quoted me was actually $50 MORE than her P411 rate. So it is a special... just for her and not for the hobbyists. Caveat emptor