So... what is YOUR number? :D

37.4 million

And then I hobby everyday
I get in trouble from time to time because I say this; didn't you think that as you get older everything gets a bit easier? Now at 52 I think all is constant. The crap that bothered me at 18 is gone but now replaced with other shit that bothers me equally. Nothing changes and we're all in the same boat.

I've got a 750k 401k plan and I've watched it go up and down in value for 20 years. The thing is I cant and probably never will retire. I'll work all the way to my grave; not because I want to but because I have a "thing" in my head that makes me lean in that direction. Its stupid I know but how can someone change their upbringing and habits. Please give me 250 grand and I'll lean back and be happy while I'm driving to work each morning.

As far as the hobby goes, I'd most likely trade all that money away to nice women and nice times. Happiness is most important; on either side of the fence.
Someone, teach me how to invest in the stock market, and I'm out of here. Originally Posted by CompanionSofia
Most importantly learn that nothing us a sure thing.
Someone, teach me how to invest in the stock market, and I'm out of here. Originally Posted by CompanionSofia
Buy NXP. You read it here first.

To answer the OP's question: $750,000,000
+1 ain't that the truth. For me I'd say enough to invest in something that would keep making money for me. No matter how much money you make (or have) you are never truly rich unless your money works for you. Originally Posted by Jessica Jade

Yes and No J J because rich and wealthy is not the same thing
Rich is 5 Million dollars and wealth is high millions like 600
million to billions.

for an example Tony romo is rich, but Jerry Jones is wealthy.
If your money makes money for you and you don't have to get
up off your couch to make it then that is Billionaire status.

Tony romo does not get paid from football if he is not playing anymore,
but Mr. Jerry Jones can never go to another game or board meeting
for the rest of his life and he is still going to reap all the financial
benefits.

I do agree that every body has a number and rather it is 50k
or 50 Million we all have one. That is like asking a non provider
lady would she sleep with a total stranger that is not hot for a million
dollars. She may say no, but just wait on her number because she has
one.
Well said mate. Completely agree with your post. Especially liked the "happiness" bit. I'd also add health to the mix. Money is brilliant but sure as shit doesn't equate happiness.

I get in trouble from time to time because I say this; didn't you think that as you get older everything gets a bit easier? Now at 52 I think all is constant. The crap that bothered me at 18 is gone but now replaced with other shit that bothers me equally. Nothing changes and we're all in the same boat.

I've got a 750k 401k plan and I've watched it go up and down in value for 20 years. The thing is I cant and probably never will retire. I'll work all the way to my grave; not because I want to but because I have a "thing" in my head that makes me lean in that direction. Its stupid I know but how can someone change their upbringing and habits. Please give me 250 grand and I'll lean back and be happy while I'm driving to work each morning.

As far as the hobby goes, I'd most likely trade all that money away to nice women and nice times. Happiness is most important; on either side of the fence. Originally Posted by WTOilMan
Interesting responses from the ladies...I understand this is a means to an end for a lot of you, but...I'm wondering if a Provider is gonna post something like: I fucking love what I do and wouldn't quit for any amount of money...
Most importantly learn that nothing us a sure thing. Originally Posted by Gnostalgia
Companionsophia, try buying some shares of Apple. They split 7 for 1 and are cheaper than they've been for 6-7 years. Three weeks ago they were hovering $650/share, now they're around $92. When they come out with a new product, it seems to soar. A new iPhone and the iWatch will be released this fall.
But...diversify. And don't get talked in to doing business with a "fund mangler" or "stock broker". PM Delights said he'd help. (You might want to check his "fee", lol).
My number is somewhere around 100K to walk away from hobbyland for good. As others stated, that would allow me a financial cushion to finish school, pay off student loans and pay off other bills.