Kudos to Texas

That certainly is a vast hodgepodge of concepts. For the sake of staying on topic it isn't about what I think or approve of or want for myself. We. The people. WE. Not you. Not me.

If there is a clause somewhere in our Constitution that provides for any of us dictating other people's life choices that do not actually effect us please reference it so we can establish first whether restricting transition procedures is something the government has any say in that would be a good start.

You phrase the question with 'just because someone wants them to' and I would ask should they be told NO 'just because someone does not want them to?"

The law just signed into effect for Texas is a reaction to an issue I would argue was never considered by our founders. But they did lay a framework to help guide us through the process. It does not being with 'No until I say its ok' in order for us to restrict choices and behavior we need to establish a need that outweighs a person's individual liberty.

I do not believe the removal or addition of breasts, or reconstructing dicks into pussies etc adversely affects the ability of the body to function so outside of reproductive potential (which does not define a man or woman) I don't see a medical argument against it. Certainly people have the choice to get a vasectomy or hysterectomy type of procedures to end their ability for reproduction.

The current legality exists for people to choose transitioning and legally becoming a different gender. I don't need to argue for it as again our liberty provides for choices others don't agree with. You have the burden of proof here. An argument of mental illness would need to show the person is some threat to themselves or others and I would argue most people who cross dress or transition are much more a threat in that way when denied their choices.
Says I am full of shit then continues to prove me correct. #Freedom Originally Posted by DNinja69
You posted "The majority of Republicans despise gay people and seek to oppress them on a regular basis" which is utter bullshit and you have been completely unable to back it up with relevant facts

And now it seems you are trying to conflate gay people with mentally deranged tranny's who want to cut off body parts because they have a mental illness and think they are something they are not
You posted "The majority of Republicans despise gay people and seek to oppress them on a regular basis" which is utter bullshit and you have been completely unable to back it up with relevant facts

And now it seems you are trying to conflate gay people with mentally deranged tranny's who want to cut off body parts because they have a mental illness and think they are something they are not Originally Posted by berryberry
Let me indulge this mentally ill facade for a moment. What authority does our government have to interfere with the medical choices of mentally ill patients? Body mutilation in many situations (tattoos, piercings, etc) is a protected form of expression. Reproductive organs are disabled and removed on a daily basis.

The new Texas law will stand the test in court because it addresses an issue involving many, and prohibits the wants of the few from interfering. Both reasonable and Constitutional.

Laws attempting to prevent adults from transitioning will not stand that test and it won't be due to whether you or I approve. It comes down to liberty and that is the standard in place. I think if you claim to embrace freedom the choice is easy but if you believe what you like and don't like is the standard others should live by then it is something much less than freedom you seek.