What's your favorite Cajun restaurant?

GS likes spicy things...no way!? Who woulda thunk it???...lol

Thanks. I really don't know much about Cajun food. I grew up in South Texas where there was a taqueria on every corner. I am definitely looking forward to going back to Floyd's, getting more bold, and trying something completely different. My latest love has been Japanese food, but I didn't even begin to appreciate it until a couple of years ago. Maybe Cajun will be next...?

I stopped in Lafayette the other day and ate some gumbo at Prejean's. Does anyone know a place in Houston that rivals their gumbo? (Is gumbo more Cajun or creole, or are they the same thing? I feel silly for asking, but figured this was as good a place as any to make a fool of myself).
My favorite one there is the duck and andouille sausage gumbo.

I know my response to this thread is late, but I saw AXOXO post a pizza-eating emoji on another thread and it reminded me to come back to this one. Originally Posted by YummyMarie
I love Prejean's. They have the best Cajun food when traveling through the bottom of Louisiana. I don't think there is anywhere in Houston that matches their Gumbo and fried alligator. ( My favorite )

You could think of Creole and Cajun food as the same. The small difference is that Creole could be considered more of city food and Cajun more country food. A lot of the ingredients are the same, the difference is the people making the food. My great grandmother was Creole and came from New Orleans, my great grandfather is Cajun and he and his family where sharecroppers from Baton Rouge.
Cool, thanks for the info. Heading out with the munchkins now. We had a late breakfast, now off to a late lunch.

short time using bettet meet

longer time using cheap meet Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
meat not meet

I sampled several items today...

-fried boudain balls
-crab bisque (dark roux AND creamy roux)
-Mahi Lapaz
-fried okra (I love fried okra)

Brought home a tone of leftovers!
creamy crab bisque at Floyd's has been described as an oral orgasm
I wouldn't go that far, but I can see it being something that a person would get cravings for...mmm
I like fried okra. I like pickled okra. I like okra in gumbo.
I do not like boiled okra, even if you mix it with tomatoes.
In gumbo, okra is a thickener much like filet is a thickener.
You do not add filet to gumbo with okra nor do you add okra to gumbo with filet.
7Spice Cajun & Seafood Kitchen
11013 Fuqua St, Houston, TX 77089
Danton's is the best in town, but the prices are on the high side. Cajun Town Cafe in NW Houston is the best Cajun food for mid-range prices.