Who's The Best Rock Group In The World?

Tara. Something tells me you're the one that's good at 'lighting fires'??
Jim

Ahh yes the Doors, I like "Come on baby light my Fire". Originally Posted by Tara Evans
Imagine Cowboy stadium puts on a rock concert. What present day rock bands could fill it? Only two that I can think of...

The Rolling Stones. Fifty fuckin' years and still out there!
U-2 Originally Posted by cookie man
Spot on. The Stones would sell out the place in about six hours. Maybe less. And I think U-2 is a good candidate for the second best band in the world.

But the Stones have the body of work. They have the longevity. And while their current work (at least in the studio) isn't up to what they have done in the past, it's still head and shoulders better than what I hear form "rock" bands on the radio. I think they are the unquestioned Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. (Hell, even Pete Townsend agreed.)
Kiss the greatest live band ever
The Rolling Stones
Aerosmith
Led Zepplin
Maybe this should be called "your" fav rock band as you'll get 10000"s of different answer's. That being said I tend to appreciate bands that changed the way we listened to music and made us (me) go "wow", so for me the big 3 (already mentioned) for me: Credence Clearwater Revival-John's unique voice and reverb and tremelo ladened guitars were just great. A bunch of guys from Cali. that could take you to the swamp in a matter of seconds. Van Halen, Eddie changed guitar playing forever. Nirvana-they CHANGED the face of rock and roll, single handedly killed glam rock. And if your old like me anything from Motown. James Jamerson was one of the greates bassist in the world.
Ahh yes the Doors, I like "Come on baby light my Fire". Originally Posted by Tara Evans
OK, if you insist, Tara...
Iron Maiden put on a great show and lasted a long time
Dharma, you forgot RUSH? Originally Posted by hd
Old rush for sure!

If I had to pick one, I'd say Queen. They changed Rock forever. I love most of what they did (including the recordings with Montserrat Caballe) but their orchestral pieces are art. Of course, I like ELO for the same reason

edit:@ Prolongus~You know what they say. If you can remember it, you weren't really there
OK, if you insist, Tara... Originally Posted by Prolongus
Guess you dont like
But I do like!!
Two best shows I have ever seen:

Metallica at Jack Murphy Stadium

Rolling Stones at Jack Murphy Stadium

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Fpv...eature=related

Either would sell out Cowboys stadium in a heartbeat.
The direction of this thread tells you everything you need to know about the current state of affairs with rock and roll: virtually everyone now is listing bands whose best work is behind then...in some cases by several decades.
Aerosmith is back in the studio recording something new. Metallica is still recording.

I like a few current bands but just don't have the emotional connection with them yet. Linkin Park is one of the few.
Aerosmith is back in the studio recording something new. Originally Posted by Boltfan
I was the biggest Aerosmith fan in the world years ago...my first concert (warmup band was Rush and tix were 7 bucks the day of show!) which i hitchhiked to. but they just plain suck now. and have for years. i wish they would just hang it up. saw a clip a while back and Stephen Tyler was holding hands with oprah and crying...fucking pathetic. real rock stars don't do oprah...and they don't cry on tv.

JPdM
Def Leopard and Kiss and Journey.: Originally Posted by Tara Evans
+1 million!

Very surprised no one has mentioned The Eagles. They never recorded a bad song. Originally Posted by PSD
I love the Eagles

The Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin Originally Posted by geniusman
Yes!

How 'bout 38 Special, The Tubes, Scorpions, Whitesnake, Poison...and in my own sick way, Elvis! lol

Meg