Now We Have "Calexit".

ahem, you are short sighted.

not even a secession amendment???? yes they can do that.

you might not like it, but yeah thats doable from what I can tell. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Historical Precedent proves that yes, a State can secede from the Union. Historic Precedent also proves that The United States can use any means possible to keep that from being successful in the endevour.

Would "Sherman's March To The Sea" be relived in a "March to The Pacific".
Historical Precedent proves that yes, a State can secede from the Union. Historic Precedent also proves that The United States can use any means possible to keep that from being successful in the endevour.

Would "Sherman's March To The Sea" be relived in a "March to The Pacific". Originally Posted by Jackie S

you are missing my point.

article 5 would prevent another civil war from taking place. the separation would be peaceful. there is nothing the president can do about that process.

this was something that the southerners failed to do due to the hostile tempers of the time.
you are missing my point.

article 5 would prevent another civil war from taking place. the separation would be peaceful. there is nothing the president can do about that process.

this was something that the southerners failed to do due to the hostile tempers of the time. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

you're missing the point. call your convention. it'll be 49 against and 1 for leaving .. so the point was what??
you're missing the point. call your convention. it'll be 49 against and 1 for leaving .. so the point was what?? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
you don't know for certain that it will be 49 - 1 against. It won't be 49 - 1 for sure. I don't know what it will be, and neither do you.

people who are for it will make a case as well as those who are opposed to it.

Point here is, no one wants another bloody civil war.
Interesting, I love those what if scenarios!
I appreciate the info on the House seats. Another positive with Caliexit would be the loss of the two old battleaxe bitch Senators Feinstein and Boxer.
isnt fienstein retiring?