Hobbiest/Provider opinions Please....

It's definitely a threAD, Lola, but she's not even thinking about a $150 special. Just the opposite. She's trying to suggest that there's something less appealing about providers who offer sessions in that range and that they are all high volume. She's wrong, of course. The competition is such around here that you can find high quality companionship at all rate levels, and none of 'em are running through 6 to 8 guys a day. But, reality notwithstanding, that's the approach she's chosen to take in order to test the response of the local hobbyists to her rates (which, surprisingly, are not prohibitive -- especially that 90 minute special -- provided she can match the service standards of her competition, which is not an easy thing to do in these parts).

Yes, dear, I am fluent in "threAD." No charge for the translation. Your "counter-threAD," on the other hand, requires no translation. I generally hate threADs, but your counter-threAD within the original was so nicely done that I dig it. Originally Posted by eccienewbie
Actually she's just trying to figure some things out. She wanted actual opinions of what people think. She made the choice to offer a half hour. I'm again them due to the wear on the body and having to work more. She has been unsure about it and asking for advice. There are quality ladies everywhere that offer half hours. It has boring to do with the quality of lady.

Eccie you almost got it right just a smidge off tract.
Actually she's just trying to figure some things out. She wanted actual opinions of what people think. She made the choice to offer a half hour. I'm again them due to the wear on the body and having to work more. She has been unsure about it and asking for advice. There are quality ladies everywhere that offer half hours. It has boring to do with the quality of lady.

Eccie you almost got it right just a smidge off track (FIFY) Originally Posted by AndyWylde

And now Andy has bumped the theAD back to the top.

Always good to work in tandem on these things.

And now I'm bumping it again to do my part.

Once again, no charge....
Sweet ha ha ha not like the thread was going anywhere lol. What was it down to 3 or 4 lmao....

Thanks for the fix typing on a cell phone while doing cardio isn't the smartest but hey I have to entertain myself ha ha ha its this or ebay.

Bwahahaha
Sweet ha ha ha not like the thread was going anywhere lol. What was it down to 3 or 4 lmao....

Thanks for the fix typing on a cell phone while doing cardio isn't the smartest but hey I have to entertain myself ha ha ha its this or ebay.

Bwahahaha Originally Posted by AndyWylde
But you and me will make sure it stays right here at the top, right?

Team Playas 4Ever!!!!
Wouldn't know I thought Omar was equal to pimp darling lol...

He may give good taint lol Originally Posted by AndyWylde
I am only concerned about female taint. Do men even have taint?
+1.

The first time I see a lady, I usually request a 30 minute appointment. If she can convince me to stay longer, I'm happy to compensate her for her extra time, and I mention that up front.

If she doesn't feel like "convincing" me, that gives her (and me too) an easy out. Originally Posted by John Q.
You are a good gentlemen. Most men don't mention wanting a longer session upfront, and generally even when they do want to see us, we are under the impression that they just want to tap it and pass it.

My response to "I'm interested in you and I want to have a 30 minute date..." is very different from "I'm new and I want to try to see you regularly for 30 minute dates."
I am actually running a low special to drive a bit of extra business for the next couple weeks but to me a little extra business is 2 a day one in the morning and one in the evening. For me that is high volume as im used to only seeing maybe one gent a week so even seeing two a day for 3 days a week is alot in my eyes when usuale im doing 90min.s or longer and 1 client a week.

I also think its in the kind of clientel that you wish to keep. I totaly agree that with my lower rates i have had some guys that if my specials were not what they are would have never been able to visit with me due to time restrictions on there part or money issues.
Ahh very good points on both sides.
I am just putting "feelers out" to see if less time needs to be on the menu or ..... Originally Posted by 34E Whitney Weston

Only do what you feel is necessary to do. Personally longer appointments work best for me.

If you would be comfortable doing shorter dates, go for it. If you feel that doing longer appointments is limiting your income, go for it. It has to be a balance between your comfort level and your income needs. Otherwise, you won't enjoy it no matter the demand for it.

People will always have opinions about volume no matter your rate structure.

All the best to you, beautiful lady!

I have low rates and it isnt cause I am high volume seeing tons of guys a day. I have the rates I do for alot of reasons. I rather see guys for two hrs or longer and I dont like hh appointments. I like less traffic and longer sessions. I think that Eccienewbie is right with his figures if a girl is posting on bp, here, P411 and no telling what other sites then she maybe seeing 6 guys a day. I dont think all girls get business like that but some do.
more time.
Well, "Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes don't, Almond Joy's got nuts - Mounds don't," I always say. As long as I'm made to feel welcome and am favored with a good level of interest and IOP, then life is good. It never hurts to have options, from my point of view anyway, because what I am in the mood for is not always the same.

On another tangent, after looking at Lola's Showcase,

I can see a future business card....

Lola Brea
MBA, CPM, CFP, GFE, PSE
Graduate of the Cocks School of Business
(for those who may not know, there is a Cox School of Business at SMU)

(I'm just tugging on your chain a bit here - that's actually what I'd call a well rounded set of bona (boner?) fides!) I know, I need more coffee, it's early.....
LOL!!! Randy4Candy!!! You made me laugh!!! We can play school your in detention, for being naughty!!!
As I stated, I think the best business plan is a very flexible plan and a mix of long and short sessions to suit the guy and situation. Just because you offer it, doesnt mean on any given day you have to book short sessions. You might have a flexible plan just for regulars which some providers do or have short sessions for first dates and go from there. It is stupid to say because a client or provider prefers one way, the other ways are inferior which is what I am reading.
  • shlub
  • 01-27-2013, 01:59 PM
I believe that the type of hobbyist you are marketing to impacts the perceived value of rates, appt duration and specials.

I theorize that on one end of the hobbyist spectrum you have the, "I will fck you from the moment I walk in the door until the moment you tell me to GTFO" guy... Not interested in anything other than renting those orifices...

On the other end, you have the "I love women - everything about them and I value the sense of companionship over all else" guy... Sex is the side effect of a good connection...

Personally, I prefer hour appointments and I love it when the women I see gift me with extra time before or after our visit.
Im still flabbergasted at this 6-8 number per day being mentioned by hobbyist...I get that number MAYBE in a month!!!!! Seriously, ladies chime in if you actually see that many in a day, my fucking props to you! Maybe Im just ugly....no, just in the wrong city. Next year Im moving back home to the DFW!