What would the lefties do?

• Old-T
  • 03-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Of all the dumb post on this board, this may well be one of the dumbest.

Pages of people posting "solutions" when most of you have ZERO clue. You really love to play games with no real skin in the game, don't you. Games with simple rules, and if you pick the wrong door you can just smirk and move on to the next thread.

Clueless.
You do know that Poland and Lithuania are not part of the USA don't you? We can't tell them to do a damn thing. Originally Posted by cowboyinjungle
You do know that Poland and Lithuania are two of the countries most alarmed by Putin's actions and the uncomfortable precedent he is setting with respect to ethnic Russians living within their borders, don't you?

Let me rephrase - why don't we consult with NATO and encourage it to put troops on the borders of Kaliningrad Oblast? My guess is Poland and Lithuania will be on board with the idea. Maybe Angela Merkel can despatch a battalion of goose-stepping Prussians and tell Pooty-Poot it's time for Konigsberg to return to the mother country...

Pages of people posting "solutions" when most of you have ZERO clue. You really love to play games with no real skin in the game, don't you. Games with simple rules, and if you pick the wrong door you can just smirk and move on to the next thread.

Clueless. Originally Posted by Old-T
Clueless... Oclueless more like

Hey Old-Troglodyte, are you even paying attention? This conversation began when the libtards on this board insisted any American with the temerity to criticize Odumbo's handling of the Ukraine crisis must be rootin' for Putin. When this cloddish attempt to stifle healthy democratic debate didn't work, the libtards claimed there are no good options anyway and challenged anyone to come up with a better Ukraine strategy. Under prodding, some of us did. If you have a problem with that, maybe you should tell the libtards to crawl back under their rock and STFU instead of asking for our solutions.
  • Old-T
  • 04-01-2014, 02:54 PM

Clueless... Oclueless more like Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Sorry. Wrong again. I guarantee you I have far more knowledge of what is actually happening than most on here. All I have to do is read the overly simplistic set of comments on here. Not saying I have the answer(s), but enough knowledge to laugh at the stupidity on here.

Hey Old-Troglodyte, are you even paying attention? This conversation began when the libtards on this board insisted any American with the temerity to criticize Odumbo's handling of the Ukraine crisis must be rootin' for Putin. When this cloddish attempt to stifle healthy democratic debate didn't work, the libtards claimed there are no good options anyway and challenged anyone to come up with a better Ukraine strategy. Under prodding, some of us did. If you have a problem with that, maybe you should tell the libtards to crawl back under their rock and STFU instead of asking for our solutions. Originally Posted by lustylad
Why yes, I am indeed paying attention. Just because you pat yourself on the back and say, "Wow, ain't I kool? Look, I done says somp'in' really dumb cuz a Lib says I be a punk if I don't'n give 'ems an answer." doesn't mean you have a clue. Based upon your "solutions", yes, you are clueless and laughable.
I guarantee you I have far more knowledge of what is actually happening than most on here... Based upon your "solutions", yes, you are clueless and laughable. Originally Posted by Old-T
Ok then, you have the floor. Share some of your knowledge with the rest of us. Don't just call my suggestions "clueless and laughable". Explain WHY you think they are (ahem) unwise. At least I put something out there, and it wasn't to look cool or to prove I'm not a punk. Politics should stop at the water's edge. Foreign policy is too serious to be left to amateurs, whether in our State Dept. or elsewhere. What happens in Ukraine may be a defining moment for the future of US national security. Based on your superior "knowledge of what is actually happening" there, tell us what policy course you recommend - and WHY. Don't be overly simplistic. I'm all ears...
Conservatives pick and choose what part of the Constitution they want to follow, just like the lefties. See the Patriot Act, NDAA and Citizen's United. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

If a conservative does not believe in the Constitution then they are no conservative. You're talking about republicans.
You still didn't answer the question you stupid ignorant warmonger.

You'd probably do exactly the same thing the Bushie NeoCons did with Georgia. Piss your pants and do nothing.

Us "lefties" would gather NATO and the UN and decide on sanctions and stick with them until the Russians cry like little girls. Looks like the Russkies want to negotiate on it to see if they can avoid tightening sanctions, but it is more us to the Europeans who are much more closely affected. I don't think Mexico is going to take Texas away from us or Canada take Maine if we let the Russkies take away Crimea no matter how pussy our President might be or not. Originally Posted by LordBeaverbrook
I don't see why you're so angry and insulting. You're the only to respond so far with anything other than idiocy. However, you're wrong about the warmonger part. The goal is to avoid war with a strong defense and stronger economy.
  • Old-T
  • 04-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Ok then, you have the floor. Share some of your knowledge with the rest of us. Don't just call my suggestions "clueless and laughable". Explain WHY you think they are (ahem) unwise. At least I put something out there, and it wasn't to look cool or to prove I'm not a punk. Politics should stop at the water's edge. Foreign policy is too serious to be left to amateurs, whether in our State Dept. or elsewhere. What happens in Ukraine may be a defining moment for the future of US national security. Based on your superior "knowledge of what is actually happening" there, tell us what policy course you recommend - and WHY. Don't be overly simplistic. I'm all ears... Originally Posted by lustylad
I'll post just a few things:

First, I was not trying to single out your posts. When I said "your solutions" I was intending to make it a general comment about all the posters on this thread--I do apologize for the way I worded that and making it seem as if I was trying to single out your posts more than others--I was not.

But as to saying much more, no I will not. That would not be a prudent thing to do now (and if you look at my posting history, I have never shied away from saying things because I would get attacked on here). I don't care to talk about any ongoing political situations if I have confidential knowledge. Best to leave it as I stated--lots of people love to speculate on this and other "What I would do" kind of posts while missing many key pieces of the facts.
Putin's clumsy and obvious pretext for invasion in Ukraine is now starting with "protestors" taking over government buildings and agitating for referendum on independence. If Obama can't figure out how to stop this, next thing you know some Cubans will take over city hall in Miami and demand referendum to join with Cuban speaking brethren back in Cuba!!!
  • CJ7
  • 04-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Putin's clumsy and obvious pretext for invasion in Ukraine is now starting with "protestors" taking over government buildings and agitating for referendum on independence. If Obama can't figure out how to stop this, next thing you know some Cubans will take over city hall in Miami and demand referendum to join with Cuban speaking brethren back in Cuba!!! Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

why is it Obama's job ? who died and left him in charge of Russian civil unrest?
why is it Obama's job ? who died and left him in charge of Russian civil unrest? Originally Posted by CJ7
Someone left him in charge of being a pussy! I'm more concerned with Russian nukes heading my way than a former Soviet Republic, but it is kinda embarrassing how weak Obama is in the face of madman Putin, aka Vlad the Conqueror.
  • CJ7
  • 04-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Someone left him in charge of being a pussy! I'm more concerned with Russian nukes heading my way than a former Soviet Republic, but it is kinda embarrassing how weak Obama is in the face of madman Putin, aka Vlad the Conqueror. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer

well you're a pussy so go be afraid ... people capable of keeping your ass out of a war is doing exactly that right now

Republicans, stupid fuckers ... afraid of a war so theyre ready to start one
well you're a pussy so go be afraid ... people capable of keeping your ass out of a war is doing exactly that right now

Republicans, stupid fuckers ... afraid of a war so theyre ready to start one Originally Posted by CJ7
I'm not a Republican, you stupid communist fuckhead
Someone left him in charge of being a pussy! I'm more concerned with Russian nukes heading my way than a former Soviet Republic, but it is kinda embarrassing how weak Obama is in the face of madman Putin, aka Vlad the Conqueror. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I haven't heard what has Israel said have they braced Putin about Crimea? How about England, Germany, France, are they all pussies?