Mission Accomplished!

The missions are being flown from the USS George H.W. Bush.

And, this is from personal experience, safety takes precedence over what PR people want. Even if it is the president (especially if it is the president), the vice president, or a governor of the state.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlq9eItoAlg

On the 14th of December, 2011 President Barack Obama took credit for the freedom in Iraq and celebrated the end of the war....at least for the United States. After spending five minutes doing shout outs Obama finally started talking about Iraq. At 8:45 on this video he describes Iraq as stable, democratic, and at peace. Mission Accomplished! is the message. Heck of a job Barry!

The men and women of the United States military and their families did a hell of a job to get this far. It is a shame that their leader faultered just short of the goal line. This is a failure of leadership at the highest level. All of those thousands that died (that Tampon cries alligator tears over) and the many thousand that left something behind, all of that sacrifice has been wasted along with the lives of our soldiers.

Iraq is going down into barbarism while Obama watches...and waits. That is the Obama legacy, to watch and wait. Now we are being treated to the typical Obama screed; we didn't know, I didn't know, it's not my fault (the intelligence was bad) despite many warnings that things were going wrong. Obama was distracted doing other things.

Ironically, at 18:45 on this video, Obama says that we will take care of our veterans medical needs and Michelle (what does she have to do with this?) is working on a project to create 100,000 jobs for returning veterans. How did that work out?

This video should be enshrined for future youth as what NOT to be when it comes to leadership. This can, and should, turn your stomach when you listen to what was said and then compare to what was done.

I know that the left has NO response to this as will be demonstrated on this site so let the apologies, fault finding, Bush blaming, deflections, and yes, a few snicks (from the intellectually challenged) begin. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

It doesn't matter where you say I fall on your left/right scale. You hold a true place of honor in the anals (anals, get it?) of the "blue-eyes-brown" club.

You couldn't be more full of shit if you were the only port-a-potty at a national tea-bagging party chili cook off.

You come close to giving me an additional reason to live and are living proof of numerous anecdotal Texas sayings. One of the most obvious is of course, Ron White's timeless and enduring classics, "You can't fix stupid."
You are truly the proto type make and model of the stupid that can't be fixed.
Presidential press opportunities like that are never spontaneous, and if you ever dealt with the WHMO you know Damon well they checked every sight line and probably had masking tape X where he was to stand. Originally Posted by Old-T
All of that doesn't change the reality, which is contained in what he actually said.

"We have difficult work to do in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

And what he actually DIDN'T SAY: "Mission Accomplished"

Finally, all of this refocus,redirect, and Anti-Bush bullshit has nothing to do with the PROCLAMATION OF YOUR HERO OBMINABLE and HIS SELF-LAUDATORY MOUTHINGS, which IS THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD.
  • Old-T
  • 08-11-2014, 06:35 AM
The missions are being flown from the USS George H.W. Bush.

And, this is from personal experience, safety takes precedence over what PR people want. Even if it is the president (especially if it is the president), the vice president, or a governor of the state. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Absolutely true, but I sincerely doubt the location and makeup of the banner was an issue to the security folks. I have had the "pleasure" of working with the WHMO, secret service, and press secretaries on and off since the Reagan administration and the photo op is always meticulous planned. One time they insisted on how full the water glass had to be so as not to cause a "distracting shimmer on the president's face from the camera lights". Please cut the crap that the banner was coincidence.
Absolutely true, but I sincerely doubt the location and makeup of the banner was an issue to the security folks.

Please cut the crap that the banner was coincidence. Originally Posted by Old-T
I "suspect" all can agree from the USS Lincoln's POV ... it is customary not to have a banner draped as it was while "underway" ..... but ...

..... please cut the crap that the banner was Bush saying the War was over!

Because .. that is NOT WHAT HE SAID ...

WHAT HE DID SAY: "We have difficult work to do in Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/01/bush.transcript/

And what he actually DIDN'T SAY: "Mission Accomplished"

(And for those of you challenged by English "to do" means in the future.)
Absolutely true, but I sincerely doubt the location and makeup of the banner was an issue to the security folks. I have had the "pleasure" of working with the WHMO, secret service, and press secretaries on and off since the Reagan administration and the photo op is always meticulous planned. One time they insisted on how full the water glass had to be so as not to cause a "distracting shimmer on the president's face from the camera lights". Please cut the crap that the banner was coincidence. Originally Posted by Old-T
Regarding the banner, Old-Twerp, Navy Cmdr. Conrad Chun has more first hand knowledge than you; hence, his statement that the banner "... truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew," is substantially more valid than your asinine assertions, Old-Twerp.
Regarding the banner, Old-Twerp, Navy Cmdr. Conrad Chun has more first hand knowledge than you; hence, his statement that the banner "... truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew," is substantially more valid than your asinine assertions, Old-Twerp. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
or anyone else on here ...

..... who pretends to read others' minds, even after they die.
or anyone else on here ...

..... who pretends to read others' minds, even after they die. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Seems like the Patriarch of the Notorious Idiot Klan, errrrr Clan knows himself well.
  • Old-T
  • 08-11-2014, 09:12 AM
Regarding the banner, Old-Twerp, Navy Cmdr. Conrad Chun has more first hand knowledge than you; hence, his statement that the banner "... truly did signify a mission accomplished for the crew," is substantially more valid than your asinine assertions, Old-Twerp. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Absolutely not. The good O-5 was saying exactly what he was told to say. And I never said that the banner wasn't originally the idea of the crew--i said the alignment of the banner in the photo op was not "coincidental".

Learn to read--it is useful.
Absolutely not. The good O-5 was saying exactly what he was told to say. And I never said that the banner wasn't originally the idea of the crew--i said the alignment of the banner in the photo op was not "coincidental".

Learn to read--it is useful. Originally Posted by Old-T
+1
Seems like .... Originally Posted by bigtex
BigTitsLiarStalker is scientific proof that turds rise to the surface eventually.

Nothing to contribute buy stench and ugliness, but surface nonetheless.
The good O-5 was saying exactly what he was told to say. Originally Posted by Old-T
Were you and BigTits standing there when "he was told to say" anything?

Or is this just more of your speculation in an attempt to make some point?

Your "point" being that Bush was saying the War was over, even though anyone with a marginal command of reading the English language can see he actually said otherwise, according to the CNN transcription of his speech.

Your "point" being that Bush was saying the War was over, even though anyone with a marginal command of reading the English language can see he actually said otherwise, according to the CNN transcription of his speech. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Another gross misconception on LLIdiot's part. The point was that the exact placement of the press camera's, the podium and the prominently displayed MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner overhead, were not coincidental.

In simpler terms (for simple minded Idiot's) the Administration was acutely aware of the image they wanted to project.

In the future, LLIdiot, try to pay closer attention!
  • Old-T
  • 08-11-2014, 09:53 AM

Your "point" being that Bush was saying the War was over, even though anyone with a marginal command of reading the English language can see he actually said otherwise, according to the CNN transcription of his speech. Originally Posted by LexusLover
That is an incredibly stupid comment on your part.

Question: How many presidential press events have you worked? I have worked eight that I can remember as I write this.

Question: How long have you been working with the new comms system for the VIP airplane fleet? I've been consulting on that effort for about a decade. And if you have not been, then you have no clue how much influence the PA guys have. And it has been so independent of Dem or Rep in the white house.

Yes, the O-5 said what he was told to say.

PS: Quit telling me what my point was. My point is I know quite well that the visuals were not accidental. It so happens I actually thought most the speech itself was pretty good. As were many of Bush-2's speeches. He is a sincere, well meaning person--i never said otherwise. Unfortunately, like Obama, he was not competent to play the DC political game and actually get things done. And he surrounded himself with people like Rove who was a scumbag and C Rice who was an academician who doesn't live in the real world.
Another gross misconception on LLIdiot's part. The point was that the exact placement of the press camera's, the podium and the prominently displayed MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner overhead, were not coincidental. Originally Posted by bigtex
And "your point" is?

Mine is: You obviously don't know the difference between A MISSION and A WAR!!!

Which I find highly interesting from a chest-beating decorated "war" hero as yourself!