Closed Again

And you can protest in Austin with an AK-47 strapped on, point it at someone in a car, and surprise your friends and family by being killed when the person staring down your muzzle draws and defends themselves. Originally Posted by mtabsw
Even in Texas, I'm not sure if it should be OK to carry around an AK-47!
Even in Texas, I'm not sure if it should be OK to carry around an AK-47! Originally Posted by friendly fred
The state of Texas allows open carry of a loaded long gun with no permit required. Has to be a legal weapon of course. IE: Not fully automatic. But, keep you finger off the trigger and don't branish it. (Point it at an one) So yes, I can carry a civilian version of an AK-47 in public.

What difference does it make about the name of the name or style of the weapon? They all shoot bullets that can kill what they hit. That is the point of a firearm, after all.
The state of Texas allows open carry of a loaded long gun with no permit required. Has to be a legal weapon of course. IE: Not fully automatic. But, keep you finger off the trigger and don't branish it. (Point it at an one) So yes, I can carry a civilian version of an AK-47 in public.

What difference does it make about the name of the name or style of the weapon? They all shoot bullets that can kill what they hit. That is the point of a firearm, after all. Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
What difference does it make about the type of weapon?

Some can kill 10 motherfuckers with 20 rounds in a half second volley.

Others spit out a tiny, low velocity projectile that might sting.

Back in old El Paso, if a man was riding his horse down the mountain, shouting and shooting his way so he could make it to Rosa's back door, maybe it made sense for the other cowboys to have medium quality shotguns and rifles for self defense and carry them around all day, everyday..

Hey, I'm a guy who hated Beto and was glad to see him self destruct like the little faggot he is.

However, today's weapons are just too powerful and precise for any idiot to be carrying around in public, though. Keep them at home for self defense.

I could take anyone with normal vision and train them in one hour to hit a target one half mile away with a Barrett M107A1. It is just too easy to do.
  • motor
  • 08-06-2020, 08:42 PM
Even in Texas, I'm not sure if it should be OK to carry around an AK-47! Originally Posted by friendly fred
And there is the bottom line. That's your opinion. Everybody knows the saying about opinions and assholes. I for one am glad I live in a state that gives me the opportunity and constitutional fore father given rights (notice I didn't say god given)to do what is needed to defend myself.

Sure you could, but there is no way you are going to be able to conceal it and no one notice like you would a handgun. I have a conceal and carry license, and everywhere I go in public, no one has any idea.