WOW!!! I had no idea that the guys here in Austin woud cancel this much!!

I agree with RB. I see it happen in San Antonio too, providers come in and expect to be booked solid and if they are not they leave cursing the city as a horrible town to visit. There is no excuse for guys pre-booking and NCNS a visiting provider because some ladies base their visit on pre-book appointments. However, it is unfortunately something that happens.

I think what RB points out is very true, I sometimes hesitate on seeing a visiting provider her first time she visits, because I'd rather see a local review, instead of going off her hometown reviews, just makes me feel more comfortable. A provider should take an first time not so great trip as a cost thing and perform up to her standards get some reviews and then give it another shot, if she wants to of course, and if it does not work out again, then yeah maybe the city is not for you. But I think bashing the city on the first visit just closes the door for future travels.
There is absolutely no need to be condescending, REB. Talk about adding insult to injury, sheesh. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
not being condescending, more like a smartass..

I am tired of reading every god damn a time a traveling provider comes to town then bitches about not getting business or NCNS,blah, blah blah,,,,
It's best to ignore most, if not all, advice coming from this poster.

You do not need to be under 25 and under 110 lbs to do well in this town. You also don't need to spend your afternoon eating a mediocre hamburger in a dark, dank strip club surrounded by salivating carnivores to generate business. Originally Posted by KaraLynnKelley
I was offering NO ADVICE to the OP... Just stating a fact for other Providers that are reading this thread....

1) I didn't say she HAD to be a young spinner... I said that the young spinners tend to do very well IF they have good TCB AND they have a good Rep in their home towns......

2) You'll never know after that comment but the ladies that join us can eat anything from steak and lobster to a mediocre hamburger if they want.... The food is usually pretty good......

Want a recipe for sure failure in this market?

a) Post an ad and then do not follow up with the PMs, emails and calls you get in a timely manner.....

b) Advertise one thing and then deliver less....

c) Raise your Rates more than a few bucks from your hometown rates.....

d) Whine......

e) Dis the local guys when things are not going well...... It's a "community" for a reason...... Communication in this town is better than it has been in years......

BTW.....Did any of ya see that recent news report naming Austin as one of the most sexually active cities in the country?

it's not just the "free love" people and all the sport fuckin that is occurring.....

Guys are spending money where it is deserved and appreciated....
Sorry to hear your trip was a bust. I have never NCNS on a provider, but I have had a couple of girls pull that on me, so I'd be annoyed if I were you too. I wouldn't judge the city off of one bad experience. Maybe you got unlucky and a bunch of young college flakes wasted your time. If you've given up on the clients, go hit a few of the local swimming holes and catch a band. Austin is actually a great town.
For some reason, I got the impression that NCNS was used interchangeably with merely canceling a session. Going back to Gfelala's previous posts, she did mention that the guys did not call to cancel after confirming the appointment.

Well, if the clients did set the appointment and later confirmed it, it behooves them to let the provider know if they decide to cancel. Just as it's not fine for providers to cancel an appointment without informing the client, it's not acceptable if the situation's reversed.

The solution to this would just be to share the information of those who NCNS'd in the Powder Room. For all you know, it may be the same few guys giving Austin the bad rep.
not being condescending, more like a smartass..

I am tired of reading every god damn a time a traveling provider comes to town then bitches about not getting business or NCNS,blah, blah blah,,,, Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
So many travelling ladies complain because Austin tends to be rather bad about it. When I go somewhere for the first time, I don't expect to be booked solid. As long as I average 1 client per day booked, I'll make the trip. I'm low volume, even when I travel-- so I don't need 5 clients a day to be happy.

I've had one trip to Austin (2nd didn't happen). During that trip, I left Dallas with 7 booked appointments for a 4 day trip (almost fully booked, I cap it at 2 per day). During my stay, I had 3 clients actually show. So, we are talking more than a 50% cancellation/NCNS rate.

I'm not a spinner, however I have an excellent reputation for both my BCD and TCB skills. I do not ratejack when I travel-- in fact for the aforementioned trip I offered a "first time discount". The fact remains that for its population, there is an awful lot of NCNS/Cancellations going on (and we won't discuss the unproven rumor regarding this). I don't have the high expectations that some ladies may have-- but even to me Austin isn't as hospitable a place as many SMALLER cities that I've travelled. The only major city I really ever work out of is my home city. Other than that, I focus on small markets such as Amarillo, Tyler, etc. So, its not the population issue. At least, not for me.
good points Decemberlove, one major bonus for us in Austin that other cities of our size do not have is the never ending supply of 18-25 year olds who come here by the bus load and go to UT, so we can be picky when new girls are popping up daily...
And see REB-- thats part of my problem with Austin. I have ZERO problems if a city just flat out isn't interested in my visit. Doesn't phase me in the least. What does annoy providers like myself are those who book then don't show, and it runs RAMPANT in Austin. Even in Dallas I seldom have more than one NCNS in a MONTH. My last visit to Austin-- those 4 that didn't make it? 1 Cancellation and 3 NCNS.

I think its silly for girls to complain about not getting booked. Thats no big deal, just move on to the next city. However, I find the NCNS complaints and the last minute cancellation complaints HIGHLY valid.
I agree again that girls and guys do not do any favors by posting about NCNS's, well just last Thursday I was NCNS'd!! did I post a big rant about it,, NO, I did not,, I took my lumps and moved on.

I have had NCNS so many times over the past 10 years I have lost count, I just chalk it up to what I am doing and all BS that comes with territory
I love conspiracy theories...so why not one here??

Could agencies or local providers be booking and NCNS?? It would be interesting, if I was one of the ladies, to get a list of the guys that are showing up in these threads, if indeed the visiting ladies are doing their homework and have handles of the guys cancelling. Are they regular reviewers of agency ladies?? or of particular ladies??

Just thought I'd stir things up..OW
....... What does annoy providers like myself are those who book then don't show, and it runs RAMPANT in Austin. Even in Dallas I seldom have more than one NCNS in a MONTH. My last visit to Austin-- those 4 that didn't make it? 1 Cancellation and 3 NCNS. Originally Posted by DecemberLove
I love conspiracy theories...so why not one here??

Could agencies or local providers be booking and NCNS?? It would be interesting, if I was one of the ladies, to get a list of the guys that are showing up in these threads, if indeed the visiting ladies are doing their homework and have handles of the guys cancelling. Are they regular reviewers of agency ladies?? or of particular ladies??

Just thought I'd stir things up..OW Originally Posted by Oldernwiser
one RUMOR heard in the past attributed a higher than normal NCNS from Austin Bookings to a few local providers putting their WKs up to booking and canceling or even having male board personnas they had created as their own and used to book and NCNS visiting providers to damge their business and try to limit competition.... A couple of Houston gals complained about it in open forums as I remember it

You'll never get to the bottom of any of it though if your not sharing names and and doing a little background to compare the guys no showing you to their references and histories.....

We certainly share the information amongst ourselves regarding ladies....

I just don't think it does any of you any good to complain about potential clients in an open forum...... Ya come across as whiny babies without a grasp for how to run your businesses....

IS it a double standard for a guy to complain about the same thing? Yeah ... Probably.... But customer's views are always a bit different then the views of a business..... They/We can always spend our money elsewhere where as it seems SOME traveling ladies NEED to earn our business
As much as I would like to have a few sessions, I will not lower my rates to 70 or 80 for hhr sessions sorry guys
I'll be fine just flipping thru the channels here. Originally Posted by gfelala
Be cautious with such an outlook. Pride comes before the fall.
Just basic economics at work.

Seems like some providers just don't understand it is a business.
gfelala will forego earning 80 for 20 minutes, that 80 will now go to
another provider who isn't insulted at making $4/minute.
Just basic economics at work.

Seems like some providers just don't understand it is a business.
gfelala will forego earning 80 for 20 minutes, that 80 will now go to
another provider who isn't insulted at making $4/minute. Originally Posted by JJones
She seemed nice enough to me but I think the point she missed was that this was an opportunity with willing clients who had little faith based upon their personal tastes and her past reviews to establish good footing by bringing her A game to unchartered territory.

20 bucks more or less was not even relevant. I have started jobs I went after in my youth offering my drive and ability for free at first just to prove myself. Once inside I kicked ass and a year later had higher commissions then the veterans because I had the fire of youth.

When I first started my business as an unknown in Austin I charged 1/3 of my current rate. Having proven myself as a top notch provider of my unique services I now charge double what my competitors charge and I NEVER advertise. All word of mouth.

She was either simply not willing to or felt it beneath her to have to compromise even a little to get what she wanted so she ended up with nothing. She was looking at the small picture and taking it personally rather than viewing it as a business opportunity. She is young. There is much yet to be learned. I'm learning everyday. Aren't we all? I'll be learning right up until shortly after I close my eyes for the final time. If I'm lucky the learning will continue after that.
I love this old cliche' it applies to many situations

" she/he can shit in one hand and want in the other"