BDFW update

Well horndogs today BDD had a job fair. Supposedly because they plan to reopen BDFW in 2-3 weeks.
Now I'm not holding my breath. Seems like they could have reopened it long ago if they really wanted to
We shall see. Would imagine over half of their regular clientele won't return. Ditto on the dance staff. It has been so long since that club was relevant. Everybody has moved on Originally Posted by Top Dog
No, the second it opens, if ever, dancers will try to get jobs there. It will actualy be a "new" club its been closed so long. It would be good to have it back. Would make Cab East work to be more competive again. Compention is good.
Anybody here ever notice any workers there? (Electrical, framers, painters, plumbers, HVAC, etc.)? If not then I am skeptical of an opening in 2-3 weeks.

I sincerely hope I am wrong.
If, as I am hearing, supply chain issues are holding up items to finish the remode. In that case, there may be a sudden flurry of workmen in a short time to get it open. All we can do is wait and see
  • Go4it
  • 07-02-2022, 06:54 PM
When I drove by yesterday there was one pickup out front near the door with someone going in but it didn't appear to be any "tools or equipment" in the pickup.

Went by today and there was the same pickup and 3 additional cars by the front door. Guys going in - but still no sign of any tools or equipment.

So maybe they are just doing a general clean up insted of a major overhaul. Could well be the case since it's almost sure to sell out to the new construction going on at the corner.
Saw 4 Vehicles parked by the door yesterday. Normaly see 1.
Any updates on potential opening dates?
Plenty of work going on. Looks like they gutted the place. Last I heard 2ed hand was November or early December
Anybody have any news or updates on an opening date?
Iooking like late November, more likely December

It will be a new club now. And if they keep their old music format, the club will be packed for awhile. Cab east will be completely dead until the newness wears off. And Cab will have to get aggressive with drink prices, promotions, etc, to get dancers and customers in the door
What was the old music format?
At this rate, it won't reopen until next year!
Must be using the same crew that is renovating the Mens Club. Been at theirs for at least a year with no completion date in sight.
When I drive by every Wednesday from work there are the same 3 cars/suvs there. I haven’t seen any workers, just some older guys walking out the vehicles and putting in a construction vest. The doors were open the other day, so may be getting the stuff out still, but no signs of any repair vehicles or materials.
Anybody have a status update on the work or opening date?
Yes, Rick's bought Babay Dolls. Should be opened in Feb after they complete the purchase and make a few changes inside