That hole in the wall.

Mikki's Cafe is good.......Went there yesterday........

http://www.mikkiscafe.com/
What u doin' out on the southwest Ike? I think I already know the answer to that question. LOL
Just Oxtails on Reed Rd.... Originally Posted by Staxxb
Thanks hun!
Mikki's Cafe is good.......Went there yesterday........

http://www.mikkiscafe.com/ Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
I heard about that spot!
The Breakfast Klub!!

www.thebreakfastklub.com

I know we're talking about food here but fellas, if you pass by this spot early mornings and early afternoons you'll see a line a FOINE ASS WOMEN standing outside waiting to get in! Seriously!!!
Haven't seen Sparkles hamburger joint on Dowling near downtown mentioned. Big homemade burgers. Call it in early though, takes about 30 minutes to cook. If I recall it's 5 bucks for burger, fries and drink. Get lots of napkins though!
The Breakfast Klub is tight! They also own a Carribean restaurant on Almeda, The Reggae Hut. It has good food as well.

When it comes down to hole in the walls, you can't forget about one of the most famous ones...Frenchy's Creole Chicken on Scott St. It's been in the same spot since the '60's. That's the only ORIGINAL location. All of the others are franchised.
Great W'kana Cafe at the corner of W. Airport and Kirkwood for Indian fusion.
Fuckin' awesome.
champ burger on sampson, 40 yrs!
Don't know if it's considered "hole in the wall", but I've had someone recommend Five guys burgers to me.
The Five Guys burgers are delivered to you in a brown paper bag with a ton of grease spots soaking thru the bag

I also tried the shrimp at Christies on Westheimer because of a previous thread. They were greasy and not what I had hoped for. The shrimp at BBQ Inn is 20 times better.
The Five Guys burgers are delivered to you in a brown paper bag with a ton of grease spots soaking thru the bag
Originally Posted by tbone2u
with enough fucking french fries for 5 guys..... an ok burger, but not a hole in the wall.
  • bbkid
  • 10-29-2011, 06:26 AM
The shrimp at BBQ Inn is 20 times better. Originally Posted by tbone2u
Yup
  • adi
  • 10-29-2011, 09:01 PM
are you talking abut the bbq inn on crosstimbers ?
Five Guys has more than one location which makes it a chain instead a hole on the wall, IMO.