Hotels Vs Private Residences Poll

Many ads with out of town area codes are a scam. They will not speak over the phone only text. They will give out a local address and state they only accept PayPal or cash app. Originally Posted by smartguy
that's not true at all I have an out-of-town area code because my area code is the town that I'm from and I travel a lot

it would be ridiculous to think that a person would get a whole new phone number every time they go to a new area. I consistently rotate between at least 10 places so that would mean I would have what 10 phones? that doesn't make sense and seems more sketchy for a person to keep changing phone numbers

And I only accept cash because I don't like electronic payments because people can reverse those and that creates a paper trail

And I do not answer phone calls I only text because I do not want to talk unless the person screens first. there are plenty of guys that will call you just to play on your phone all day long especially teenagers or college-age boys

lots of providers don't even list their phone numbers on their ad for that reason they do email only until you screen

your best bet to figure out if someone is fake or not is to just do your research
also just so you know PayPal is very against this type of thing and if they have any inkling that's what you're using their system for they will shut you down immediately
now I will most definitely say a caveat to hotels is parking especially nicer hotels in bigger cities majority of the time you are going to have to pay for parking

a good rule of thumb for that if you're not comfortable parking at the actual hotel is looking at nearby businesses and seeing if you can park there