Cryptocurrency- Bitcoin, Litecoin

When people post images they saw off of other threads from people that don't know what they're talking about. How cute.
^^keep cashing out sir n keep getting your money off the table and into your pocket Originally Posted by pxmcc
If I didn't believe in the future of blockchain and crypto I would cash out completely.

But I do believe in the future of these technologies.

Which is why I quit my job and formed my own start up in the space.

The people keep saying it's in a bubble. You all watch to much media-inspired news and don't even understand what you're talking about.

Follow the developers. Speculative trading is only 1 piece of the action.
hmmmm so any ladies taking crypto as payment?
Looks like speculators sold off today in anticipation of Monday. So so called "legit" investors are going to be able to trade futures of BTC.....This should get interesting.
What was expected to happen on Monday?
Are those the hacks that are shown in the news? And if they are hacked/stolen, are there any ways to get your money back? I just saw something showing Bitcoin was hacked for about $65 million. I think it was on CNN Money. Supposedly they were trying to track it down to retrieve it. But if they can track it down to retrieve it, then doesn't that destroy the whole anonymous thing? Originally Posted by bigwill832
You probably saw what the news was referring to the Nicehash service being hacked which is one of the popular crypto-mining pool hub/exchange site run out of Slovenia. Bitcoin itself can't be hacked, but the weak point is when your money is held online by an intermediary company/entity. All these miners were using their graphic cards rigs mining power to mine a blockchain, and in turn the Pool would payout each miner in bitcoins. Unfortunately, someone got to the address holding account of this payout wallet, and cleaned it out before it could be payed out to the miners.
Prepaying always is a win. Originally Posted by pyramider
that made me LoL
I want to learn about cryptocurrency, for personal use, not hobby, but have no idea where to start?

Does anyone know of any great resources that can teach the basics? I am willing to pay for a class even.
I bought a book on audible. There are quite a number of books on it now if you look on Amazon/Audible. I learned the basics/gist of it, but it's nice to be able to ask more questions from people who are actually using cryptocurrency, provided they know what they are doing themselves, lol.
I bought a book on audible. There are quite a number of books on it now if you look on Amazon/Audible. I learned the basics/gist of it, but it's nice to be able to ask more questions from people who are actually using cryptocurrency, provided they know what they are doing themselves, lol. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
Great info, thanks! Could you send me the link or title name of the one you bought? Much appreciated.
. . . but it's nice to be able to ask more questions from people who are actually using cryptocurrency, provided they know what they are doing themselves, lol. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie
That's the key. "Trust me" he says.
Cryptocurrency is the future. There's no bubble. Only people discouraging the use of it is the government and (((them))). Anyone else is just technologically impaired and will be left behind.

Far as BTC being hacked, no, that's not how it works. Every "hack" involved a wallet or an exchange containing wallets. What you meant to ask was "What about all those thefts?" This is true. If you get in this crypto game you can't slack on security.

When I did Monero (XMR) I made my money but wouldn't do it again anytime soon. Screw all those protocols. Security is A1 but the convenience is not.
While it may or not be a bubble the values we're seeing now will not sustain. The governments of the world will allow it to exist in the long run but you're nuts if you don't think they are going to put a smash on the unchecked beast it is now.
I don't know, I am a very conservative investor, I was in Bitcoin for a while. My strategy for investing is to set a goal for any increase in equity at a certain % then sell, this keeps me from getting too greedy and effectively staying too long. Staying too long usually results in a loss of equity which I did early in my investing life. I sometimes fail to set up an automatic sell point which usually costs me big time. This time on Bitcoin I was reviewing investments and realized that I'd had a 200++% increase on Bitcoin and nearly panicked as I sold it. Of course it has doubled again since I sold but my favorite rule taught to me by my Dear old Dad...."Don't look back" LOL