Whats your new years resolution this year?

Runswithscissors: I'd love to have some help with number 5...but number 6 is to refrain from cursing not add new languages to my cursing arsenal. Originally Posted by Reya Sunshine
The best way to stop cursing IMO is to build a better vocabulary. Have you ever checked out freerice.com? It's a very addicting game for vocab and feeds hungry people around the world when you win. Double whammy.

If that doesn't work, I'm quite proficient in cursing in two more languages rws didn't mention

My New Years resolution is off to a good start...after reflecting on last year, I realized I spent 8 of the 12 months travelling; has anyone seen the movie "Up In The Air " with George Clooney? That was me; I spent more time in international airports than in my home... Originally Posted by runswithscissors
I'm aiming to be more like you, rws! In the past 2 months, I haven't spent longer than 4 days in the same city. Exhausting, but rewarding. Teach me your ways!
In the past 2 months, I haven't spent longer than 4 days in the same city. Exhausting, but rewarding. Originally Posted by Caroline
You need a little TLC to recover......

I lived that life for two years..... Flew to work on Monday.... Home on Friday..... 2-3 different cities in the average week...... Got all the mileage awards... All the points......

I honestly got enough mileage points that I was able to trade out with an Organized Barter Association that let me buy a 3 year old Porsche 911! And STILL had Points and reward certificates....

That's the game you need to really learn well while you travel.... Because after your done... You may find that all those rewards do not matter... It was almost 20 years after that phase of my life that I actually wanted to get on a plane and go anywhere!
Duly noted, thanks so much for your kind and well informed advice!

I recall free rice being on Facebook and I rarely get on there so maybe I'll add it to my iphone as an app if it's available. I've been using an app called Vocabology for a couple years and perhaps your suggestion will be a good addition to it. I'm also a fan of Words with Friends...maybe we can play it together sometime?
The best way to stop cursing IMO is to build a better vocabulary. Have you ever checked out freerice.com? It's a very addicting game for vocab and feeds hungry people around the world when you win. Double whammy.

If that doesn't work, I'm quite proficient in cursing in two more languages rws didn't mention

I'm aiming to be more like you, rws! In the past 2 months, I haven't spent longer than 4 days in the same city. Exhausting, but rewarding. Teach me your ways! Originally Posted by Caroline
In the past 2 months, I haven't spent longer than 4 days in the same city. Exhausting, but rewarding. Originally Posted by Caroline
I agree with Whispers. Been there and done that too. Years ago, I was a C-level exec with a company that had main operations in San Francisco Bay Are, Minneapolis, and Atlanta. Talk about a constant travel... west coast, midwest, east coast, back again, over again. Then we got acquired, and ended up adding So. Cal. and Virgina to the mix.

Let's see...what did I get with my frequent flyer miles? A got a nice zipper scar in the middle of my chest from a CABG x4! But, I guess the time to do it is while you are young and its still fun for you!
Personal: Get back into the shape I was when I played football, spend my time with people and on things that truly matter to me.

Hobby: Find that illusive ultimate great FBSM experience that I have been searching for, gradually go more UTR, and be a lot more selective on who I see and decide to spend my time/$.
Personal: Eat healthier
Hobby: Staying safe
To leave ECCIE, just like on the previous site which lasted about a year, so I will call this a sabbatical, this place is freaking addictive, but can drain you. The temptation to indulge in these sweet debaucheries, a covert place allowing me to escape from reality if only for a brief moment. I understand that I've lost my way avoiding unpleasant facts, and in reality I've been searching for something in a poison well. I searched for that sanctuary/Shangri-La that has came close but fell short. My actions have been determined by the environment that I'm involved in, and the state of my mind at that moment, I can't begin to interpret every lie or dysfunction within this group and I include myself in that statement. I'll just say that the last couple of years have been extremely stressful that has left me feeling a little roughed up, and wounded. I willingly chose this path, so I blame no one, as always I take responsibility and accept the consequences of my actions.

My plan is to live consciously and I'll be better served by correcting my mistakes rather than pretending they don't exist (HW/RW). I will better serve myself by holding my values consciously, to examine them, rather than unconsciously accept them as not to be questioned, axioms. In the future I will be aware of temptations that allow me to evade unpleasant facts and situations. I will manage my avoidance impulses and not be ruled by them. Only I can choose the goals and purpose for which I live. I believe It serves my interest for others to see and know who I am.

Until next time, I wish everyone here a safe, fun, and happy new year.
I've been giving this some thought.... most of my life I have been a workaholic..... seldom taking time even on holidays to focus on family......

In 2012..... On a personal and professional level...

1) I want to get back in touch with family. Spend more time with my children and Grandchildren as well as my Sister's family and my mother.

2) I intend to refocus and work smarter rather than harder. I tend to fight technology changes and when I finally accept a new application I end up wishing I had done it 6 months earlier. Every Month in 2012 I'm taking time to explore a new software targeting my profession.

3) I will schedule and plan at least three vacations this year including a long desired trip to Europe.....

4) I will finalize the ending of the last relationship before the end of the first quarter. Time to put it away and be done with it no matter what the cost.

In regards to the Hobby and my relationships within this community.....

5) I've met MORE than a few Providers from the Indy area this last year at the parties.... There are a few ladies that caught my eye that I need to see and spend a little time with.... Considering the nature of the "relationship" I find myself in I really don't have the desire for "companionship" lately vs just the occasional need to just get some "strange".

6) I want to see if I can wean the average cost of developing a new player down from $60-$100 (dances, drinks and maybe a meal) as it is now to less than $60 inclusive.... Ladies have always found me straightforward and to the point.... I'm gonna get a little more direct.

7) I want to see this community continue to grow and I would like to see the division get set aside... I'm not quite sure how I am going to get involved in making that happen but I am going to explore some options.... Maybe #8 will help with that....

8) I need to spend a little more time enjoying what the city has to offer with some of my friends from this community..... In addition to the GC Events I am going to start setting up nights out at regular clubs, the comedy club, the piano bar down town and maybe even Karaoke so you folks can see and hear a different side of Sixxbach... Probably a dinner here and there.... There are already a few of us that "couple up" and go out on occasion......

7) I want to see this community continue to grow and I would like to see the division get set aside... I'm not quite sure how I am going to get involved in making that happen but I am going to explore some options.... Maybe #8 will help with that....

I am all for that. People in this community have differences and they are very apparent. Whether we like it or not, we are ALL connected in some way shape or form. We tend to sleep in the same circles if you will.

I am guilty of being very opinionated and taking it too far at times. Twice this year I have had threads wishing me death. That was a little unsettling, I must admit. As much issues I have with a couple of people, I would never wish that upon anyone. I guess there are some who take all of this on a personal level.

8) I need to spend a little more time enjoying what the city has to offer with some of my friends from this community..... In addition to the GC Events I am going to start setting up nights out at regular clubs, the comedy club, the piano bar down town and maybe even Karaoke so you folks can see and hear a different side of Sixxbach... Probably a dinner here and there.... There are already a few of us that "couple up" and go out on occasion...... Originally Posted by Whispers
That sounds like alot of fun. I have had some good times in the past year or so with pool nights, regular clubs. Karoake is fun and something I enjoy. Over the years I have even dabbled at amateur night at the comedy club.

Sounds like 2012 will be a fun year for the community!

sixx
Not to limit myself on anything ever!
That's personal and hobby.
these are all very good resolutions we can do it!
I do have one - to kiss the girl's ass in your avatar. Please tell me who's ass that is???
cckid2006, at least you know you won't let yourself down lol jk Come on you have to have one? Originally Posted by AustinsGurlz
1. Start praying, again.
Via this hobby, I have met three women that I love dearly. Two of them have retired (although one had a recent setback) and the other plans to retire in early 2012. I will be praying for each of them to get to the place they want to be.

2. Leave the hobby on Jan 1, 2012.
I've seen too much. I've taken way more than I've given. I've had enough.
I will remain in contact with (and help) the friends mentioned in #1 until they no longer need/want me to do so.

3. Give little things that lead to big things.
Fuck more. In the immortal words of some chick in some movie...

"No one reaches the end wishing they hadn't fucked so much"

Honestly though I have no New Years resolutions, I don't believe in them.

If I need a change in my life which happens very frequently then I try to make that change THEN, so I really don't believe in january 1st or December 31st being the day(s) of the year to enact change in my life. IMO of course, I wish everyone good luck with theirs.
That ass would be Ziara's ass