"Temporary marriage?" Interesting request from a Muslim.

I am 2nd generation American. From Canada, assessors from England. Came here to put the colonies in there place. USA won, and rather go back, went to Canada. Later one moved to USA. So I am a American/Candain(I rally think I am a American). So are you a Muslim/American, or a American/Muslim? If tha later, why would you find some of the replies quite offensive? As we all came here from some place! Some just got here later than others! Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
As a matter of fact, using the term "American" as a synonym for "USA citizen" is offensive to most, if not all, of the non-USA citizens who live in the Western Hemisphere.

The Western Hemisphere is made up of North America and South America. The people living on those continents are "Americans," whether they be from Canada or Chile, Mexico or Uruguay.

As a matter of fact, when someone is coming into the US, and the Border Patrol asks, "Are you American?" a citizen from another country in the Americas can honestly answer, "Yes." That is why, over the years, they have changed to "U.S. Citizen?" for their question.
ok, I'm a US Citizen first.