Religion and the hobby

I clicked on this thread because of the many times I have met a provider and the topic of faith arose, among other things (has to be some humor). Some providers were deeply convicted concerning our activities and others were not convicted at all. As the hobbyist, I know that if my activities were to become public knowledge that many innocent people would be hurt and adversely affected by my sexual activities outside of my marriage. There are consequences to our behaviors. Most of the biblical lessons on sex outside of marriage where put in place to prevent a break in the covenant community: both between God and humanity. Unity between God and community is a central theme throughout the Bible. One thing people seem to forget in the Christian faith, the teachings of Jesus trump any Old Testament teachings. In one instance a woman was brought before Jesus because of adultery with an unknown man (no judgment for him). According to the Law of God, she was worthy of death through stoning (but so was the mystery man). The crowd, convinced that Jesus would be forced to adhere to the strict letter of God's law, soon dispersed when Jesus simply stated that the one (men in this case) without sin should cast the first stone of judgment. The older men hear Jesus's convicting words and leave first, soon followed by the younger and more prideful. Alone with the woman, Jesus did not condemn her, but he did not justify her sin either. "Go, and sin no more," was Jesus's response. We all lead dual lives: loving and hating, building up and tearing down, reaching out and pushing away. We justify our sin and yet condemn other's sin. Two men work with me. One abuses alcohol, which adversely affects himself and others. Another abuses drugs, which adversely affects himself and others. My personal drink and drug of choice is sex, which adversely affects myself and others (if discovered). Even undiscovered there is the financial loss that I have incurred. I suppose that I justify my personal sin by understanding that sin is sin in the eyes of God. "All have fallen short and all have sinned." Therefore, my limited power to control my behavior (sin) is no better or worse than anyone elses sin. The forgiveness of my sin is not dependent on any ability of my own to eliminate or remove my sins. In my faith only Jesus can do that, and I receive forgiveness when I admit that I am a sinner in need of God's grace. Just as that woman brought before him so long ago. My faith is not in my abilities, and certainly not in my Christian witness, but only in the power of God's love and grace that I've found in Jesus. Originally Posted by turnhog
Very well said, and a VERY powerful message for those who walk along the lines of faith as you do.
Very well said, and a VERY powerful message for those who walk along the lines of faith as you do.
Originally Posted by Lovelyelle_01
+1 ...........