Is ECCIE upstate NY hostile.

Instead the board ownership decides to appoint some guy (I think he is from Hawaii) as an upstate mod who has only posted in this area 2 times that I can recall and one was the posts welcoming him. I say shit or get off the pot. If you are not going to do the job, I have no use for you. Originally Posted by GP
An "absentee" mod is not necessarily a bad mod. Sometimes the quiet ones carry a lot of the load, approving/rejecting reviews, handling reported posts, killing the scammer ID's that pop up in the middle of the night, contributing to the mod-to-mod discussions, editing problem posts, monitoring posts, etc.

Of course, and absentee mod can be a useless mod. Or even a mod who posts all the time.
  • GP
  • 07-07-2010, 05:48 PM
An "absentee" mod is not necessarily a bad mod. Sometimes the quiet ones carry a lot of the load, approving/rejecting reviews, handling reported posts, killing the scammer ID's that pop up in the middle of the night, contributing to the mod-to-mod discussions, editing problem posts, monitoring posts, etc.

Of course, and absentee mod can be a useless mod. Or even a mod who posts all the time. Originally Posted by GneissGuy

It is too bad that all of your theoretical speak has absolutely no bearing on what is going on here. But it sure does sound good.
GP - Not to take this thread any further off tangent, but I really don't see how having an out of area mod has hurt Upstate. Our mods have done a good job and I hope they continue and not over react to our personality quirks. I also hope to see more newbies post. They should not be offended to see that "Search is their friend". We all learn by doing. The posters that I take issue with the most are the "snipers" or trolls. They add nothing of value but they try to disrupt whenever possible. I'm not saying that everyone needs a bunch of reviews to be worthwhile, but again if all you're going to do is be "snarky" please consider staying away!
  • GP
  • 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM
GP - Not to take this thread any further off tangent, but I really don't see how having an out of area mod has hurt Upstate. Our mods have done a good job and I hope they continue and not over react to our personality quirks. Originally Posted by Perryay
I agree for the most part... An out of area mod is not the end of the world. 3 of our mods have done a great job, one has not been active and he admitted it. He has promised to change that. So you can't really say all have done a good job up to now, but hopefully in the near future your statement will be true.
Different board, same conversations. If you were a loser in high school, then you are gonna be a loser here too, so you might as well pack it in.

Is that friendly enough?
If you were a loser in high school, then you are gonna be a loser here too, so you might as well pack it in. Originally Posted by cpi3000
It might be better not to label anyone as a "loser" in our discussions.
cpi3000 - 1300 plus posts and you resort to that crap!
  • GP
  • 07-08-2010, 03:52 AM
Different board, same conversations. If you were a loser in high school, then you are gonna be a loser here too, so you might as well pack it in.

Is that friendly enough? Originally Posted by cpi3000
I take MUCH of offense to that post
CPI, come on.. you know better... this is exactly the shit we are talking about... consider this your one warning... DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
This thread has also gone way off topic.... get it back on track gentlemen...
  • Niktu
  • 07-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Yes, you're right. I too, have noticed the strong bias against people who do not regularly post. I don't understand why those who do not contribute as often are not entitled to their opinions. Originally Posted by China Doll

3 very quick thoughts:

1) I don't post as often here as on the old board. Somehow it just isn't as enjoyable. I don't know why, simply the tone is different. True, the old board had some rather testy and snarky posts (mostly in national not upstate), but the tone still was more accommodating.

It's not important, I simply attribute it to something I think JBonz said awhile ago. Times change, people change, a new stage is the natural progression of life.

2) I enjoy reading anything China Doll posts. While i don't always agree, I often see a perspective I had not considered. And her avatar is so easy on my eyes!

3) Grammar, composition and punctuation guidelines were developed along with the written word. I always give a poster's thoughts greater weight when they are used. (Maybe it's because I can understand what he or she is saying.)

In another thread I saw BYD popped in.
  • Dr DT
  • 07-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Amen.
3 very quick thoughts:

1) I don't post as often here as on the old board. Somehow it just isn't as enjoyable. I don't know why, simply the tone is different. True, the old board had some rather testy and snarky posts (mostly in national not upstate), but the tone still was more accommodating.

It's not important, I simply attribute it to something I think JBonz said awhile ago. Times change, people change, a new stage is the natural progression of life.

2) I enjoy reading anything China Doll posts. While i don't always agree, I often see a perspective I had not considered. And her avatar is so easy on my eyes!

3) Grammar, composition and punctuation guidelines were developed along with the written word. I always give a poster's thoughts greater weight when they are used. (Maybe it's because I can understand what he or she is saying.)

In another thread I saw BYD popped in. Originally Posted by Niktu
the quote of China Doll, well used. But she is easy to quote.

It seems many of the old regime like myself (aspders) have either outgrown these forums or lurked in and out once in while to see the state of affairs here. It would certainly be nice to see the new regime build some comradery as we once had.
Good luck... Originally Posted by skater2
from another thread

The current need to keep the tone to a level, so that the old can teach(and current learn from) how to build that comradery to the current. So the new and the females will find it all as enjoyable as it was when I first got here.

Wanted to wait longer to post again, but just had to. My addition is posting LOL
3 very quick thoughts:

2) I enjoy reading anything China Doll posts. While i don't always agree, I often see a perspective I had not considered. And her avatar is so easy on my eyes! Don't always agree?!?!? GET OUT!

I completely understand where you are coming from. Speaking intelligently makes me more likely to view a person as intelligent. This isn't to say that the others can't win me over, of course, but they are putting themselves at a disadvantage to begin with. If ya gots somethin' important to say, why not make it sound that way?

In another thread I saw BYD popped in. Originally Posted by Niktu
3 very quick thoughts:

2) I enjoy reading anything China Doll posts. While i don't always agree, I often see a perspective I had not considered. And her avatar is so easy on my eyes! Originally Posted by Niktu
Niktu- Hard to argue with this thought - China Doll's posts are always thought provoking and that avatar "WOW"
ahhh I'm posting again stop that.

" I completely understand where you are coming from. Speaking intelligently makes me more likely to view a person as intelligent. This isn't to say that the others can't win me over, of course, but they are putting themselves at a disadvantage to begin with. If ya gots somethin' important to say, why not make it sound that way? "

I need to work on that. Yes I do. thanks China Doll