Rescuing the X-men (and X-women too)

Isn't that basically WTF we are talking about? Originally Posted by WTF
Uh...No.

Edited to add...I seldom know WTF you are talking about, so your pronoun use of "we" might be correct if you're just talking about you.
Up to here, we are with you. The libertarian pov is pretty well summed up by "my" line I quoted:

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." Originally Posted by pjorourke
There are some libertarians who really are conservatives but don't want to wear that label....some libertarians are so whacked out that they don't even believe in private property......Conservatives believe that without the enforcement of your GOD given right life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness[read the DofI], which your right to private property [including wages!] is integral, freedom is unobtainable....

much of the time, the debate is about (1) facts and the degree of consequences for society and (2) the degree of restraint to enforce consequence distribution, not the underlying philosophy
@HFCJr

The DoI is irrelevant. It is unenforceable and is not legally binding.
Marshall, every part of the political spectrum has their share of whack jobs.
In my younger days I ran private rescue for watersports.

We weren't that well trained but we knew the area well enough and brought our own resources. Wasn't a one of us that expected someone to bail our asses out if something went wrong. I have towed my share of skiers and watercraft out of areas and had my ski towed back to the harbor a couple of times. Never expected any public entity to pay for it all. When we go out we spot for each other.

It has been many years since I was at Mavericks or the North Shore but as I recall private jetskis did the towing. And based upon the SI article quoting the dude in the picture anyone not a complete moron knows you are on your own.

While it doesn't make for good debate I think we are dealing with the idiots here rather than the pros. Just like you must have insurance to drive a car, maybe insurance should be required for those who do not bring their own private rescue gear.
  • WTF
  • 03-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Hallelujah! WTF is becoming a libertarian. Originally Posted by pjorourke

I been one, more in the Ron Paul mode though. You just see WTF you wanna see.

Shall I post a link on how that happens in the mind?

Uh...No.

Edited to add...I seldom know WTF you are talking about, so your pronoun use of "we" might be correct if you're just talking about you. Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Looking at it from a bigger picture it certainly was what the discussion was about. But I see where that might confuse you if you can't take a step back from the conservative vs. liberal babble
Looking at it from a bigger picture it certainly was what the discussion was about. But I see where that might confuse you if you can't take a step back from the conservative vs. liberal babble Originally Posted by WTF
Its interesting how your mind works...or doesn't.

From the Big Picture-Bouncing Ball-Linear view (as if all that stuff has any meaning)...I was discussing exactly what I had written. As always, you skip right over what was written...come up with your own arguement you wish to rail against...and then rail against your other self. I'm never really sure who wins...your left side or your right side.

"We" weren't discussing anything...cause until you quoted my text..."you" weren't even involved in the thread. Maybe its you who needs to take a step back...and figure out WTF your really trying to say.
  • WTF
  • 03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm never really sure who wins...your left side or your right side.

". Originally Posted by Rudyard K
  • WTF
  • 03-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Forget Rudyard for now...but don't the rest of you conservatives see how much you need liberals. You have to blame somebody for your (Party's) failures. Same can be said for the liberals.

It is how both parties stay in power. If Rudyard is not able to see that he is part of the problem , that is understandable, he hasn't been able to grasp the Libertarian view as of yet.

Let me do this to help Rudyard understand certain concepts in this very limited view of a larger picture.

I think That a person should be able to surf there if he wants. I do not want any tax dollars spent on his rescue. Furthermore, I do not want some group that wants to set up a private rescue operation writing that operation off as a charity. I am not opposed to them setting up wtf ever they deem fit as a charity....I just do not want to subsidizes it in any form or fashion. Just as I do not want churches or charitiable giving to be written off. I hope that helps you have a better understanding of the bigger picture.
They bought the ticket. Let 'em crash. How else do we thin the herd?
Marshall, every part of the political spectrum has their share of whack jobs. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Especially those damn Centrists!
I think That a person should be able to surf there if he wants. I do not want any tax dollars spent on his rescue. Furthermore, I do not want some group that wants to set up a private rescue operation writing that operation off as a charity. I am not opposed to them setting up wtf ever they deem fit as a charity....I just do not want to subsidizes it in any form or fashion. Just as I do not want churches or charitiable giving to be written off. I hope that helps you have a better understanding of the bigger picture. Originally Posted by WTF
That is the clearest post I've ever seen you write. You expressed your opinion in a clear and concise manner. I'm so proud of you.