Gas shortage

this will slow down the whoring for everyone.
Yes it will , I hope they will be back online by tues
Apparently a gas pipeline was shut down.

Was at Home Depot and a couple of guys were buying like 20 5-gallon gas canisters.
So is it safe to keep a couple of full 5 gallons containers of gas in the trunk of the car?
So is it safe to keep a couple of full 5 gallons containers of gas in the trunk of the car? Originally Posted by CG2014

Do you enjoying inhaling benzene? Then sure.
Omg. The sky is not falling people....it was a panic attack on gas for a lot of people. Just quit driving so far for a visit w a hot lady. They are all over the place
So is it safe to keep a couple of full 5 gallons containers of gas in the trunk of the car? Originally Posted by CG2014
On your way home from the gas station, maybe. Carry them with you all day where ever you go, I wouldn't. Gas fumes (even a little) and air is a highly flammable mixture. Your trunk is a closed environment with no ventilation. Is there a possible ignition source there? Lots of lights in the back of your car. The wiring is 12V, shouldn't be a spark source but it is possible. But lights get hot. Gas fumes, air mixture, heat source, not something I want to take a chance with.
I was thinking of driving to Houston and wanted to have extra gasoline just in case the stations outside of Houston and in Houston are still dry or closed.
Do you enjoying inhaling benzene? Then sure. Originally Posted by BBW Jane Smith
Let him ... it couldn't hurt.
No. If you really feel the need, keep them at home in a shaded, well-ventilated area (I'm assuming you have a yard, garage, etc).

I think this is largely self inflicted. People panicked and caused the gas shortage themselves. Originally Posted by tire-chucker
We're seeing the magic of social media and pure democracy at work!!
I was thinking of driving to Houston and wanted to have extra gasoline just in case the stations outside of Houston and in Houston are still dry or closed. Originally Posted by CG2014

Friend posted a pic from Houston and said there was plenty of gas down there and no waiting lines.
Now which tanks have water in them is another question. Lol

Friend posted a pic from Houston and said there was plenty of gas down there and no waiting lines. Originally Posted by user231
Ughhhhh I literally drove over a hour last night looking for some premium gas... Lol and when I finally find one place the store was actually closed and only accepted credit cards..... Good thing there was a good Samaritan that allowed me to pay him cash for gas since he was already pumping