Closed Threads

Shhhhhhh

Ht, don't give away my evil plan..................

Wayward, SKF, nan, II2, Ender, 3sides, auknowho (scratch him.....he's a Mod now), all 3 gators, simpleton, LD, ferd, TMFT (we have to stop the humor), boardman..................I know I am missing somone............all have to go.

Don't blame me. Blame Whispers..............I'm just his brain-trust.

I will rule all up in this shit.................some day.........I'm just saying.
Sofakingfun you're one of the biggest hijackers on this board so quit your crying .
Shhhhhhh

I will rule all up in this shit.................some day.........I'm just saying. Originally Posted by dearhunter
I guess we shall wait for f'n prophet's judgement day, just saying.
Could it be that ANONONE is really Paul?
Could it be that ANONONE is really Paul? Originally Posted by boardman
ANNOYone is Paul? Which Paul?
Sofakingfun you're one of the biggest hijackers on this board so quit your crying . Originally Posted by carkido45

Hey Gator...I see that green-eyed monster baby.

OASPDBB, I know that you're thinking about my penis, and it doesn't really bother me because that's how you roll. I guess I should be flattered. You have penis-envy...

BUT, I'm not crying. I just hate to see threads get locked for stupid reasons. That's all. If I hi-jack a thread, and a mod steps in to correct me, it's on ME to act accordingly. If I don't, I've only me to blame for the punishment I receive. I'm man enough to accept that. But don't lock a thread if I fuck up. Deal with me individually--apart from the thread. That's all I'm saying.

..well, that and you have drool running down your chin. Penis looker.
I thinck SKF should be issued points for making too much sense.
ANNOYone is Paul? Which Paul? Originally Posted by Htowner
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=161594&postcount=33

Stop Spancking the monkey and try to keep up, Htowner
I thinck boardman should get points for knowing spanck.

But to stay on-topic. This thread shouldn't be locked because of boardman's spanck knowledge.

Hey carkido, have you seen boardman's avatar? it's Nutz <~~LOOK!
That the best you have.
Sofakingtittybaby sure sounds like crying to me yeah go hide behind DH's skirt.
Man up SFK this isn't aspd were you had clout with the mods.
That's what you're really pissed off about
Nope. (snickers...I've got a whack-a-mole-e-o!)

Please stop hijacking this thread. This is the reason threads get locked.
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=161594&postcount=33

Stop Spancking the monkey and try to keep up, Htowner Originally Posted by boardman
BOTH are lost causes, boardman.

Shhhhhhh

Ht, don't give away my evil plan..................

Wayward, SKF, nan, II2, Ender, 3sides, auknowho (scratch him.....he's a Mod now), all 3 gators, simpleton, LD, ferd, TMFT (we have to stop the humor), boardman..................I know I am missing somone............all have to go.

Don't blame me. Blame Whispers..............I'm just his brain-trust.

I will rule all up in this shit.................some day.........I'm just saying. Originally Posted by dearhunter
I'll second that! Can we put it to a vote....soon?

I tend to think that most threads get closed due to violations of board decorum way beyond drifting topics. For instance, personal attacks tend to invite the heavy hand from mods/admins that the OP was objecting to in the first post.

Since you are keeping score, SKF, three of the four, before a mod came in and did a wonderful job of asking us to refocus, were off topic.

My first posting was a direct response to the OP's posted complaint:

"If you don't like the way the mods and admins manage THEIR site, there are other boards you are free to join."

Granted the three posts that followed were off topic banter and I apologize for it and will strive not to let it happen again.

When it comes to closing a thread I am thankful that the mods intervene when a thread becomes either a circle-jerk or little more than a "game of the dozens."

Closing down threads that are frequented by folks that not only engage in personal attacks, but brag about such juvenile behavior and wear it like a badge is good for the over all health of the board.

Pruning is a good practice for mods to engage in. In the end it leads to the kind of growth that we want. Originally Posted by ANONONE

ANNOYINGONE, (or Chachi, or Paul, or whoever you are) : Check your PMs.

Hey Gator...I see that green-eyed monster baby.

OASPDBB, I know that you're thinking about my penis, and it doesn't really bother me because that's how you roll. I guess I should be flattered. You have penis-envy...

BUT, I'm not crying. I just hate to see threads get locked for stupid reasons. That's all. If I hi-jack a thread, and a mod steps in to correct me, it's on ME to act accordingly. If I don't, I've only me to blame for the punishment I receive. I'm man enough to accept that. But don't lock a thread if I fuck up. Deal with me individually--apart from the thread. That's all I'm saying.

..well, that and you have drool running down your chin. Penis looker.
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun

An effective moderator doesn't squash discussions in a discussion forum. An effective moderator steps-in only to guide or reign-in an errant discussion and bring it and bring it back on topic. Should personal attacks occur, or should the topic run off course again, those members who aren't following the moderator's directives should be dealt with individually. Why should the entire discussion be Locked because a few nit-wits can't follow instructions?

With regard to your stating "the kind of growth that we want"; Do you have a gerbils? crabs?? what??? Where do you get this "we" from?

Going by the guidelines at the top of the forum, it seems that on-topic discussions are encouraged--as well they should be. This IS a discussion forum. Just because you don't care for a particular topic or even members posting in that thread, doesn't mean that it's not a topic worthy of discussion and it certainly doesn't fit into that "we" category, it falls into a "they" category--not wrong, just different.

If a member doesn't care to discuss that particular subject and the thread has stayed pretty-much on-topic; following your brilliant logic above, you'd rather see that thread locked than effectively moderated--and you seem fine with that; so long as it's a "we" subject.

Yet when one of YOUR threads--asking members for instructions on how to give a good blow job or whatever the hell it was-- gets locked, you demand to know why it was locked and suddenly it isn't so "wonderful" anymore because NOW you're one of "them".
( http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=26611)

Now ANONONE, seriously. Ask yourself WHY did this bother you so much. Was it because it was YOUR thread? Was it because it contained subject matter that YOU were interested in discussing? Was it because the discussion was squashed and information was not able to flow freely? Was it because you felt it was locked unnecessarily? I'm betting that it was a combination of all the above.

But just play along.

Now how would you feel if some nit-wits came into your happy little "How Can I Give A Better Blow Job" thread and posted some off-topic crap which led to am immediate lock-down? Discussion's over. No dealing with the individual nit-wits. No moderation. Done!

Is that fair? Is that effective moderating? Is that the type of growth "we" (meaning you and the gerbil/crabs/??) want? How in the hell can a discussion board grow if discussions are continually squashed instead of effectively moderated? Originally Posted by SofaKingFun

That the best you have.
Sofakingtittybaby sure sounds like crying to me yeah go hide behind DH's skirt.
Man up SFK this isn't aspd were you had clout with the mods.
That's what you're really pissed off about Originally Posted by carkido45
Translation:

And we have a new entry in the "Most intelligent, thought provoking post of the year" category.
It is not a "skirt", dammit.............it is a man dress.......and it allows my nuggets to breath.
It is not a "skirt", dammit.............it is a man dress.......and it allows my nuggets to breath. Originally Posted by dearhunter
Which style is it DH?

[Pics violate image policy--Sarcastro]
Guys, you're not helping here...

At least mention the topic of the thread. You sumbitches are going to get this threAd locked down.

And that's what I'm trying to avoid, Closed/Locked threads. (see how easy and on-topic that was?).

Carkido, for you sweetlips (he's a redhead w' freckles on his schmeckle just how you like 'em...)

image against the rules of this site