Steak.....

The reason the premium steak house beef is so good is because they are serving prime aged beef.

The home cook can do the same at 1/5th the price.....go to Rudolph's and get their aged prime beef. Believe me when I say the average home cook can outperform a Pappa's steak, if he wants.

That's kinda how I am. I know I can outperform Hoffbrau or Land and Cattle but know I fall short of Pappas or Bob's or the like. Pappas is amazing and they have one of the highest regarded sommeliers working there! Originally Posted by bolivarcorona
My top 7 Steak Houses in Dallas

1) Al Biernat's
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Local Specialty, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Oak Lawn
Cost: $$$
2) III Forks
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Continental, European, French, Seafood, Steakhouse
3) Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Local Specialty, Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Galleria
4) Nick & Sam's
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: Uptown
5) The Capital Grille
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
6) The Palm
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, European, Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Neighborhood: West End
Cost: $$$$
7) Lawry's the Prime Rib
Map / Directions »
Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
Cost: $$ Originally Posted by 37OH55V
#1,5 & 6 ..i have been to these..love the food, yummy
I just tried Knife for the first time and it has moved to the top of my list for steak. Their cheeseburger has been written up as one of the best in Dallas, as well. 75 and Mockingbird.
Capitol Grill, Papadeaux uses the same steaks from Pappa Brothers but more affordable. On the really affordable and best bang for buck is Dunstons at lovers and Inwood, not the one on Harry Hines.
I'm still a Del Frisco lover. I do the Porterhouse Surf-n-Turf with Lobster. It's my favorite dinner combo.