Whataburger vs that other place

It took me a long time to get into and like Whataburger. Not sure why. They occasionally have cold fries, but usually they are hot, and good. They mix their Coke as well as any. And they beat in-and-out's lousy fries; their burgers are both good, but Whataburger is not nearly as messy.

In-and-out beats them in efficiency. Give both a long line, and Whataburger takes twice as long.
^^^True!^^^
Interesting. The few times i have got myself up enough courage to again go try the over rated in and out I have always gone inside and ate. And my experience on inside is that the meal takes longer to get than inside a Whataburger. Huh
Ive only visited the one on 75 and Parker road in Plano but visited multiple whatas.
Maybe this location just slow. I’m only factoring in the time I have to wait once I order burger to getting food.
In-and-out beats them in efficiency. Give both a long line, and Whataburger takes twice as long. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Understatement of the year.

Last night, 11:35 p.m. I got in the line. 12:27 a.m. I pulled away with my order. My order that had Lemonade as the drink, because ''we are out of CO2''.

No wonder I had a stomach ache for a while.
I don’t eat fast food burgers very often anymore, but I’ve noticed the waiting times being longer the last 3-4 times I’ve been at Whataburger. Several different locations over several years.
regardless of where you eat, if the company has an app, use it to order as you head that way.
at least at whataburger, i go in to pick it up. either my order is ready when i go to the counter or just a couple of minutes later.

i did a blind taste test w/ 3 of my grandkids yrs ago - mcdonalds, whataburger, burger king, in-and-out.
my bet was on WB.
all 4 of us rated BK the best.
we also looked at weight of burger, correctness of order, wait time in drive-thru, attitude/friendliness of order taker & cashier, contents, how cooked, taste.
Both places suck. Ever since Whataburger sold controlling interest to BDT an investment firm out of Chicago their food quality has gone downhill and the wait time has escalated. They can have 2 cars in a drive thru and it is still going to take an inordinate amount of time to get your order.
Ever since Whataburger sold controlling interest to BDT an investment firm out of Chicago their food quality has gone downhill Originally Posted by golferguy55

That is correct. I have been eating Whataburger since high school in the 70's.

It's always been good until about 2 years ago, the last few times I've gotten Whataburger, not only it did not taste like fresh never frozen hamburger patty, I'd even gotten sick from it.

Also for almost 35 years I could go into any Whataburger, order the bacon cheeseburger combo, tell them to change the yellow American cheese to white Swiss cheese, and get onion rings instead of fries.

About 3 years ago they couldn't do it. Each time the cashier and manager gets confused or they try to ring it up as a regular (with no cheese) Whataburger combo and add white Swiss cheese, add bacon. Then want to charge me $1 for each strip of bacon, totaling $3 and $1 for the Swiss cheese and then another extra charge of almost $3 for onion rings.

How difficult it is to substitute one type of cheese for another and substituted fries for onion rings?

Then if you try to mess with the status quo of the standard toppings which are lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, mustard by adding extra pickles and mayo or ketchup, they get even more confused on how to ring the damn thing up.
Sign of the times. Hard to get good help.
I will say I usually order the #1 and only thing on burger is Mayo tomatoes and cheese. I've ordered this for years.Sometimes they get it wrong.
Usually the cook messes up the order..
Whataburger has always taken longer than most fast food. I'm seeing its past 11. Taquito time
Today august 8th is whataburger day in texas.
Today august 8th is whataburger day in texas. Originally Posted by winn dixie

Yes sir they are 73 years old today. Rewards members were supposed to get a free burger by ordering thru the app but LMFAO apparently they had all kinds of issues with the app being down so now they are getting roasted on the internet.