Knut is dead

A side of you I haven't seen before. Originally Posted by discreetgent

get used to it......you'll be seeing more of it, hopefully......Made her even more sexy.........if that is at all possible.

Now, what was the name of the lion that the guy raised in captivity and released back into the wild and it remembered him years later when the guy went to look for him? Was it Christian the Lion?
Now, what was the name of the lion that the guy raised in captivity and released back into the wild and it remembered him years later when the guy went to look for him? Was it Christian the Lion? Originally Posted by onehitwonder
I just saw that video. It brought tears to my eyes.
You big woose........I saw NaN's new game....now THAT brought tears to my eyes....
This is a tragedy. I followed Knut on some of the European news sites, particularly Der Spiegel's English site. I saw that he had died of some brain problem, although I hadn't heard that it was a seizure. Although I never got to see him in person, it's obvious that he was quite the entertainer and a special character. He'll be missed.
ah ok, well that explains..... don`t you americans have any "star" animals that gotten international knowledge like Knut - sweetie did? He was such a superstar in Europe , when he died the medias were full of it. ... Does this never happen here ? :-)))
ps: no , i don`t mean Lassie and Free Willie :-))))) (lol) Originally Posted by ninasastri
The link to Christian the Lion. My god how much times have changed...it's shocking to me that bought him in Harrods. WTF? Good guys though for doing what they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2IzE

x
This is a tragedy. I followed Knut on some of the European news sites, particularly Der Spiegel's English site. I saw that he had died of some brain problem, although I hadn't heard that it was a seizure. Although I never got to see him in person, it's obvious that he was quite the entertainer and a special character. He'll be missed. Originally Posted by davec.0121
Yay!! You did know him...:-))) There are videos of Knuts tragic dead. He had brain problems and had a seizure and unfortunately he drowned in front of 600 visitors. Help was called immidiately but it was too late. :-(. I felt sorry for that fellow, maybe its ridiculous but i kinda liked him. He was fun to watch, although he was never white, more dirty looking ;-)).
The link to Christian the Lion. My god how much times have changed...it's shocking to me that bought him in Harrods. WTF? Good guys though for doing what they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btuxO-C2IzE

x Originally Posted by Camille
Oooooh Thanks Camille.....that is beautiful...there was some youtube video recently about a woman getting reacquainted with a lion and how he greeted her....i don`t know how she was related to him, it seems she cared for him when he was young, anyone seen that?
Actually there was no hidden message. Originally Posted by Ansley
that`s exactly what i said, didn`t i? so we agree? I am glad... Love , Peace and Happiness.
here is a photo of another animal reunion . I believe i saw that in this australian guys show (who died of a fish attack? )- sorry i am so bad with names- where the tiger was put in wildlife and then searched again because it was too dangerous for him. This is the photo of the reunion of his caretaker and the Tiger brought back into captivity.
Nina did you watch the video of "Christian the Lion?"
Nina did you watch the video of "Christian the Lion?" Originally Posted by onehitwonder
Yes i did, made me cry...:-((( snief... so lovely..... my god....
Amazing what they know/remember, huh?
Amazing what they know/remember, huh? Originally Posted by onehitwonder
It totally is. I am surprised this could have been also dangerous, not because the animal wanted to harm them, but just a slight touch with these paws....
Nina, there are some great photos of Christian in his early life in the following article. Quite an interesting read too....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ving-room.html

I can't recall if it mentions in this article, but the two men went back to Africa one more time and saw him again

C xx
My concern was the female lion. His "wifey" She was'nt raised in captivity. How was it that she accepted these men so easily? Was it like "Well Honey, any friend of yours is a friend of mine?"