Would you go back if given the chance?

I was in absolutely positively no way being critical or accusing anyone of hypocrisy or anything remotely in that vein nor am I in any position to evaluate any personal decision to continue or wave off. I also understand that hindsight is 20:20.

I was merely suggesting that if upon consideration, this really hasn't worked for you, then don't assume that your current path has any kind of momentum you would have to overcome. You can turn on a dime any time, we all have that power.

I will say that "addictive", cannot "un-know" what you know and "too late" arguments are total BS excuses that help you rationalize the fact that maybe this is just what you want after all...at least tonight.... We're all conflicted about almost all of the decisions we make about the path of our life.
Irishlad,

Who are you to say its so easy to let go. The OP asked a HYPOTHETICAL question. What is your issues with someone saying they would go back. I am willing to bet if you asked most providers outside this board they would go with blue too. Don't kid yourself on some of these responses.

Hey, I am probably a monger for a good while but if I could go back... you bet your ass I would.....

Sixx
I think we have a blue/red choice everyday.

I am thankful to have no regrets.

I think there is good/bad in any realm. This one has been the best in my life.

I took my nephews to Fiesta Texas for the Fourth of July. I swear I thought I had heard a commercial somewhere that they were going to have fireworks. The tickets were more than I expected. The lines were longer than I had hoped and it was hot outside. They had a sign posted outside saying park closed at Ten but they stopped all of the rides at 9. They had no fireworks but their usual laser show.

As I was driving my sleeping babies back, I had plenty of time to think about it. Would I take it back? Should I have done something different? Was it worth it? Memorable? . . . .

Yes. It was. I still laughed my ass off. Had a helluva time and did something outside of the norm. Memories. Good times.

Red pill.
Lmfao... I'm exhibit A in the evidence to the contrary of that theory babe. I hold few if any illusions about this lifestyle and I'm a red pill kinda person. I see what you mean about the verboten topic analogy though and in real life things aren't usually so cut and dried as red/blue.
in defense of the Blue Pill crowd, i imagine the biggest reason they are here is because wet, juicy pussy is addictive. Just like guys love something that is soft and wet (props to Prince), women love the cash. Shit ensues.

You can use substances that are Forbidden Topics on here, yet still have overriding issues with them. It's never that simple as Blue Pill vs Red Pill. It's possible to be a purple pill guy.

Maybe the biggest difference is the Red Pill crowd is, for whatever reason, able to buy into the fantasy aspect more, whereas the Blue Pill people can't divorce certain elements from the experience. just a theory anyways. Originally Posted by NewWave
Blue pill

"Life is a Bitch, and Death is her sister"
OK, I have no clue.

Blue Pill guys. Aside from $$, what was the downside? The stigma/secret... the more physical emphasis vs. emotional connections...something else?

With all of the negative aspects of P4P for both Hobbyists and Providers what would you do?......

You take the blue pill, the story ends, you awake in your bed, never knowing what P4P is. No Eccie, No Backpage, No P411. The acronyms GFE, DATY, BBJ mean nothing particular to you. You continue on completely oblivious to the P4P world around you....

OR

You take the red pill, you stay in Hobbyland, and discover how deep the rabbit-hole goes.... Originally Posted by Elephant
Does the Blue Pill eradicate the personality traits (or lack thereof) that led down this path?

Seems to me that simply "not knowing" would not make much difference to any of us that have walked this path.... We would find our way eventually.
Does the Blue Pill eradicate the personality traits (or lack thereof) that led down this path?

Seems to me that simply 'not knowing' would not make much difference to any of us that have walked this path.... We would find our way eventually. Originally Posted by Whispers
Interesting Point. There were several versions of the Matrix.

I suppose the Blue Pill would reset you to 'Pre-P4P' and depending on the circumstances you may or may not repeat down the same path in a future iteration of the 'Hobby-Matrix'. You would then be presented with the Red/Blue choice once again...

The matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.
Taking out a student loan is the worst financial decision anyone can make even if it was to get a degree in Rocket Surgery. Originally Posted by budman33
I disagree..... I made the conscious decision to allow monies to be borrowed for 2 different family members educations because the earnings I was enjoying on investments was greater than the interest that would accumulate over the years on the loans...... 8 years and $72,000 later in one case a Master Degree was earned and she went to work in a low paying field providing therapeutic services.... Shaking my head wondering why, I was ready to withdraw the monies and pay them off leaving a size able amount behind..... when Congress went and passed legislation that rewards people in her field for the selfless contribution and FORGIVES her student loans after 10 years in the field.... She has just under 3 years to go and the loans stay in deferment as a result of her earnings...

In the other case a Masters Degree in AG Business was earned from Texas A&M with a minor in education..... Upon graduation she accepted a Teaching Position which resulted in part of her loans being forgiven and continued the deferrment of the loans. She recently accepted a Position with a Company that included a package that will pay off 50% of her Student Loan Balance after 5 years as well pay for her to get her her PHD...

In both of these cases... If there WERE no Student Loan to forgive, they would have received nothing.....

I know of Hospitals that will pay off Student Loans for Nurses that contract to work for them for a period of time....

I believe there are other fields as well.
Quite a gamble, glad it 'might' work out for you. lot of companies you rarely stay 5 years, but I hope it works out.

Seems to me that simply "not knowing" would not make much difference to any of us that have walked this path.... We would find our way eventually. Originally Posted by Whispers
I wanted to answer this question but could never come up with the right answer?? Blue or Red??

But Whispers is right...... If you traveled down this road once before, what would prevent you from traveling it again? That is the bigger question.

I guess I'd take the blue pill with a pocket full of red ones.
Blue pill in a heart beat!
OK, I have no clue.

Blue Pill guys. Aside from $$, what was the downside? The stigma/secret... the more physical emphasis vs. emotional connections...something else? Originally Posted by irishlad
Providers and hobbyists live double lives. The grand majority of us do not want anyone knowing about our secret lives. Most hobbyists must lie to cover our tracks, break our commitments to SO's, wives, kids, friends, etc...

My old man told me once, "Son once you cheat on a woman, you will never go back".................. the old man was right.....

sixx
Providers and hobbyists live double lives. The grand majority of us do not want anyone knowing about our secret lives. Most hobbyists must lie to cover our tracks, break our commitments to SO's, wives, kids, friends, etc...
sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
I would add ourselves to that list.

Good post, sixx.

I'm surprised by the amount questioning directed at the "blue pill" folks. For me, I understood the blue pill would make me forget the hobby, not take me back in time or change any other aspect of my life. Time has made me wiser. Situations have changed. Knowing what I know now, I think I would deal with the issues that brought into this world differently.

Why am I still here? I guess for some of the same reasons most guys are here. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I wonder how many of us entered this world with the I'll only do it once mindset.
Why am I still here? I guess for some of the same reasons most guys are here. I don't want to hijack the thread, but I wonder how many of us entered this world with the I'll only do it once mindset. Originally Posted by JohnBrown7
As opposed to the guys that repeatedly say they are done? To then think "Just one more time"?

Followed by a return to the life that causes pain to the ones they lie to?