Free association...

Fortunately for all of us, Great Cthulhu still sleeps.
Yeah, and the Giant was sleeping before Jack's mother throw those damn beans out the window and started a whole mess of trouble. Don't go letting your mother interfere in any deals you make out here......

I smell blood, Englishman or other, and I'm leaving the appointment.
Mickey killed "Seven with one blow" that's why the townsfolk sent him up the stalk
  • Laker
  • 08-31-2010, 05:58 AM
Yes and Mickey Mantle was a switch hitter and wore number seven.
I'd post something, but everyone has me on ignore. Originally Posted by Doove

I thought I heard something, but I could be wrong....
Most herd animals like sheep and cattle don't think as individual and move in the same direction...Hence the term "following the herd"...even though sometimes some members of the herd go the wrong direction.
  • Laker
  • 08-31-2010, 07:49 AM
Members of a school of fish or flock of birds will move in the same direction, collective motion, as it had been a correographed dance.
Aurthur C Clark in an interview once stated that for some reason even if humanity were to use its physical and mental capacity as a collective we'd still make the wrong decision on things.
  • Laker
  • 08-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes and when individuals use their intellectual capcities to advance their own self interests, ie. Thomas Edison, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, society as a collective gains.
Thomas Edison while well deserving of his stature as inventor and businessman really deserves less credit than the true father of electricity Nikola Tesla. If we had followed Edison's vision of mass DC system, the modern and more efficient AC system would have been a footnote rather than reality.
Even as I am DC, I like my women to be AC

PS: As this thread grows. At times looks to keep on a topic longer than some threads with a topic mmmmmmmmmm
Even as I am DC, I like my women to be AC

PS: As this thread grows. At times looks to keep on a topic longer than some threads with a topic mmmmmmmmmm Originally Posted by offshoredrilling
My thoughts exactly when I posted it...it took a while to get going but I was curious to see how long the thread can become

But back to the matter at hand...AC/DC took it's band name from an Australian sewing machine brand not to the reference of electricity voltage as many theorize.
"Fosters" is not Austrailian for beer... in fact, Aussies see it the same way we see Genny Cream Ale. it's the beer you get in college when you are broke and scraping change together.
in the east we have genny and the west has coors. The wino is gone. As he goes for the 24oz malt in a can. And that is good as the glass is also gone. I have never gotten a flat from a 24oz can.
  • Laker
  • 08-31-2010, 10:52 AM
During times when you are broke an scraping change together, CL and BP could prove to bring you relief. But when a few $$ are in your pocket the pleasure is certainly multiplied by perusing eccie!