Thanks to Trump's tax cuts, the U.S. tax-to-GDP ratio falls 2.5% from 2017 to 2018

• oeb11
  • 12-10-2019, 01:58 PM
Get some help - ftw!
lustylad is a heavyweight in dipshitology.

Screamed about Trump and his 3% GDP forever....made fun of my talking about Trump's sugar high and you think the SOB is a heavyweight? Couldn't punch his way out of a grocery sack.

CM on the other hand knows his shit. He shouldn't be slumming in this shithole! Originally Posted by WTF
Hey dumbass, how did I miss your loving tribute to me? You are a heavyweight in douche-baggery. Except in your case, I think it's spelled douche-buggery.

Why the fuck did you even start this thread? Hmmm... so the US tax-to-GDP ratio fell last year - and you think that's a BAD thing? It's another way of saying the crushing burden of confiscatory taxes imposed on our hard-working populace by clueless libtards such as yourself was lighter in 2018 than in 2017. Funny, that sounds like a GOOD thing to me.

Hmmm... do ya know what a RATIO is? It's the relationship between two numbers - a numerator and a denominator. Still with me, douche? Now if the tax/GDP ratio goes down, you might want to ask yourself why. If it's mostly because the size of the GDP pie (denominator) went up, then you should be applauding, not whining like the li'l bitch you are! And if it's mostly because a nasty recession is curtailing tax revenues (numerator), then you sure as hell don't want to exacerbate the economic downturn by raising taxes. So what's your fucking point anyway?

And before you start yukking about the Trump tax cuts starving the federal govt of revenues, suck on this:

Fed. Govt. Revenues:

FY 2017 - $3,316 bn.
FY 2018 - $3,329 bn.
FY 2019 - $3,462 bn.

Oh dear! Looks like the numerator isn't shrinking, at least not insofar as FEDERAL tax receipts are concerned. Since you're the OP, maybe you can dig deeper and tell us whether state and local taxes are dropping. If so, you can't blame that on trumpy.

Btw according to your source (which we know you didn't even read) our 2018 US tax/GDP ratio of 24.3% wasn't a whole lot different from the 24.7% it averaged under 8 years of odumbo. See for yourself:

http://www.oecd.org/tax/revenue-stat...ted-states.pdf

Our ratio is lower than most OECD countries because we don't burden our citizens with a crushing, highly regressive VAT to fund govt like they do in Europe. Instead, in the US we just progressively tax the fuck out of the top earners. So if you prefer crushing, highly regressive taxes that fall most heavily on Joe Six-Pack rather than Joe Moneybags, then you should seriously consider moving to France (or Sweden, or Denmark, or Italy, or Greece, or Germany...) Who knows, maybe you can build some fancy hovels while you're over there!
OMG you sound like such a titty baby....poor Baron. Some lady jokes about Trump naming his kid royalty.

Mitch said his goal was to make Obama a one term President. Originally Posted by WTF
OMG who sounds like a titty baby?

Poor Obama... the leader of the opposing party wouldn't endorse him for a second term! Such an outrage!

Question for yinz - Which is more offensive and inflammatory, Mitch not supporting a second term for odumbo, or libtards plotting a coup against a POTUS before he is even sworn in?

Maybe this is a good place to quote our plain-speaking patriotic Attorney General Bill Barr...

“Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they called ‘The Resistance,’ and they rallied around an explicit strategy of using every tool and maneuver available to sabotage the functioning of his administration,” Barr told the conservative audience.

“The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched-earth, no-holds-barred war of ‘resistance’ against this administration, it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law,” he added.

“Now, ‘Resistance’ is the language used to describe insurgency against rule imposed by an occupying military power. It obviously connotes that the government is not legitimate,” Barr said. “This is a very dangerous — indeed incendiary — notion to import into the politics of a democratic republic.“

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/barr-a...abotage-trump/
Hey dumbass, how did I miss your loving tribute to me? You are a heavyweight in douche-baggery. Except in your case, I think it's spelled douche-buggery.

Why the fuck did you even start this thread? Hmmm... so the US tax-to-GDP ratio fell last year - and you think that's a BAD thing? It's another way of saying the crushing burden of confiscatory taxes imposed on our hard-working populace by clueless libtards such as yourself was lighter in 2018 than in 2017. Funny, that sounds like a GOOD thing to me.

Hmmm... do ya know what a RATIO is? It's the relationship between two numbers - a numerator and a denominator. Still with me, douche? Now if the tax/GDP ratio goes down, you might want to ask yourself why. If it's mostly because the size of the GDP pie (denominator) went up, then you should be applauding, not whining like the li'l bitch you are! And if it's mostly because a nasty recession is curtailing tax revenues, then you sure as hell don't want to exacerbate the economic downturn by raising taxes. So what's your fucking point anyway?

And before you start yukking about the Trump tax cuts starving the federal govt of revenues, suck on this:

Fed. Govt. Revenues:

FY 2017 - $3,316 bn.
FY 2018 - $3,329 bn.
FY 2019 - $3,462 bn.

Oh dear! Looks like the numerator isn't shrinking, at least not insofar as FEDERAL tax receipts are concerned. Since you're the OP, maybe you can dig deeper and tell us whether state and local taxes are dropping. If so, you can't blame that on trumpy.

Btw according to your source (which we know you didn't even read) our 2018 US tax/GDP ratio of 24.3% wasn't a whole lot different from the 24.7% it averaged under 8 years of odumbo. See for yourself:

http://www.oecd.org/tax/revenue-stat...ted-states.pdf

Our ratio is lower than most OECD countries because we don't burden our citizens with a crushing, highly regressive VAT to fund govt like they do in Europe. Instead, in the US we just progressively tax the fuck out of the top earners. So if you prefer crushing, highly regressive taxes that fall most heavily on Joe Six-Pack rather than Joe Moneybags, then you should seriously consider moving to France (or Sweden, or Denmark, or Italy, or Greece, or Germany...) Who knows, maybe you can build some fancy hovels while you're over there! Originally Posted by lustylad

TWK has double liked this post!

OMG who sounds like a titty baby?

Poor Obama... the leader of the opposing party wouldn't endorse him for a second term! Such an outrage!

Question for yinz - Which is more offensive and inflammatory, Mitch not supporting a second term for odumbo, or libtards plotting a coup against a POTUS before he is even sworn in?

Maybe this is a good place to quote our plain-speaking patriotic Attorney General Bill Barr...

“Immediately after President Trump won election, opponents inaugurated what they called ‘The Resistance,’ and they rallied around an explicit strategy of using every tool and maneuver available to sabotage the functioning of his administration,” Barr told the conservative audience.

“The fact of the matter is that, in waging a scorched-earth, no-holds-barred war of ‘resistance’ against this administration, it is the Left that is engaged in the systematic shredding of norms and the undermining of the rule of law,” he added.

“Now, ‘Resistance’ is the language used to describe insurgency against rule imposed by an occupying military power. It obviously connotes that the government is not legitimate,” Barr said. “This is a very dangerous — indeed incendiary — notion to import into the politics of a democratic republic.“

https://nypost.com/2019/11/16/barr-a...abotage-trump/ Originally Posted by lustylad

TWK has double liked this post! Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Me likes your double likes!!