Mass Shootings and Gun Control

Heh. I've seen what civilians do in a panic scenario...if any of them had guns, they'd have most likely either shot themselves or someone other then the perpetrator... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Not any different than what they got........so, I am not seeing the down side.
Not any different than what they got........ Originally Posted by dearhunter
Exactly...wouldn't have changed anything...now put them in a situation where only one person is killed by the perpetrator and the body count goes up due to friendly fire...which ain't...
The key to surviving today is the possum.........no thancks........I will keep my gun.......that way when the police are told to stand down.......I can stand up for myself.
Great, I'll keep mine too...no matter how hard they should make it for me to keep it, I'll follow through to get it done...because I'm a responsible gun owner...unlike 99% of Americans...
You will always lose this debate.......today and 50 years from now.

You run out crying families............you lose the minute someone posts photos of the riots (name your favorite riot)
First let's ban Hollywood from making movies with guns.

And gamers from making games with guns.

There will be LibTard babies crying all over the fucking place. Holy hell might break loose.....reaching for the outdated Constitution they complain about.
...you lose the minute someone posts photos of the riots (name your favorite riot) Originally Posted by dearhunter
Here's mine.

History...doomed to repeat it...and viewed much differently as history rather than current events...

P.S.-There is no argument to lose...or to win...
See how long the conversation of taking our guns has been going on?
Or taxation...six of one, half a dozen the other I guess...
The main point of the bill is to help get the severely mentally disturbed off the streets and not give them any access to firearms. Murphy doesn't say it will solve all of the mass shooting, issues, but it gives administrators and physicians the power to report people they view as severely disturbed. It is also to help with the suicide rate. Many of the mass shooters are actually committing suicide. The bill is not a cure all, but a sensible step in the right direction.

"Murphy’s sprawling bill would amend the existing federal privacy laws, so that in cases of serious mental illness (and only in those cases), a consulting doctor would have the ability to call the patient’s parent or caregiver and share information about medications and follow-up treatment. Not incidentally, that’s when a doctor might also learn something about guns in the home.
That same loosening of the privacy laws would apply to universities and other institutions, so that administrators could let parents know if a student had been treated for an acute bout of mental illness.
Under 2646, Medicaid would no longer deny reimbursement for hospitals with more than 16 psychiatric beds — a decades-old rule meant to shut down hospitals of the One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest variety. Nor would the program prohibit urgent-care doctors from immediately handing off a patient to a psychiatrist without having to wait a day, as it does now.
If you try to buy a gun tomorrow, the federal database for background checks will flag you as a threat only if you’ve been given involuntary treatment for mental illness — that is, if you’ve been forcibly brought to a hospital or committed against your will. Murphy wants to increase the number of therapists and available beds in rural communities, to make involuntary commitment a more practical option for judges." Originally Posted by Oralist
I truly believe in this bill and have written my House Representative and both Senators to urge they support it and try to get it through Congress and signed into law. It will help the current situation and most importantly, save some lives.
I don't care how good a shot you are. Those tales are usually worse than reviews here.

Are you a responsible gun owner? Originally Posted by Wakeup
Well I didn't say always I said usually and the answer to your question is yes I thicnk.

Heh. I've seen what civilians do in a panic scenario...if any of them had guns, they'd have most likely either shot themselves or someone other then the perpetrator... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Society especially in America has been obsessed with making the world we live in safer for the last few decades. I say forget about safety and let natural order sort out the idiots.
This false hope of "safety" has opened the door to all kinds of retarded ideas in the name of safety.

You are responsible for your safety....the larger the circle you are responsible for the greater the risk.
...and the answer to your question is yes I thicnk. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
Prove it...
I'm responsible for my guns and no one else has access to them...unless of course they forcibly take one from me. Does that makes me responsible? I don't see how I would prove that to you though on a shmb.

I could recant firearms safety rules to you but I don't see what that would prove either as you wouldn't know if I followed them or not without seeing me practice them.
I don't see how I would prove that to you though... Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
My point exactly...