What is going on around here????

• Booth
  • 02-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Again, why did the poster need to take a shot at the Staff....

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn
Could it be the general perception that the rules don't apply to everyone? There is an appearance that a couple of posters are allowed to run roughshod over the rest of us and as long as these perceptions and appearances exist, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new threads or posters.
I usually don't put in my 2 cents. The less declarative statements one makes, the less likely they are to look foolish in retrospect......

I could easily spend hours that I can't spare reading this whole thread ( and I appreciate all viewpoints), but basically it comes down to the ya's and nay's.

For what it's worth......I go by this mantra; "if I spent as much time focusing on my life as I do everyone else's I would be a millionaire by now". That keeps me focused! LOL

Let's get back to playing ball..... the FUN way!
There is an appearance that a couple of posters are allowed to run roughshod over the rest of us and as long as these perceptions and appearances exist, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new threads or posters. Originally Posted by Booth
I guess we will never know since you fail on participation and debating post. Start one and lets see how it goes. Be ready to debate, get the chips and your feeling's off your shoulders.....the challenge is on....
  • Booth
  • 02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I guess we will never know since you fail on participation and debating post. Start one and lets see how it goes. Be ready to debate, get the chips and your feeling's off your shoulders.....the challenge is on.... Originally Posted by Woody of TX
No thanks, Woody. Quite frankly, I don't need it and hope I'll never need it as badly as those who post thousands of times per year.
Could it be the general perception that the rules don't apply to everyone? There is an appearance that a couple of posters are allowed to run roughshod over the rest of us and as long as these perceptions and appearances exist, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for new threads or posters. Originally Posted by Booth

Appearances and perceptions can be deceiving as any disciplinary measures taken with a member are only discussed with that member. I look at EVERY RTM. I answer most of them. I look at every situation as a neutral party and apply the intent of the owners guidelines to them. If they warrant discipline, then I don't care who they are then discipline is applied. Remember, it is not about whether I like or don't like what someone says or does, it is about if it violates the guidelines from the owners of the Board. None of you except a disciplined member know what has or has not been handed down, unless you are on staff. My suggestion still stands. The owners are looking for 1-2 people to become Moderators here in Austin. Step up! Throw your name in the hat and maybe you will be selected and then you will see that there are no favorites when it comes to Moderating.

Spacemtn
AustinModStaff
No thanks, Woody. Quite frankly, I don't need it and hope I'll never need it as badly as those who post thousands of times per year. Originally Posted by Booth
Am I ok since I have only 1073 post in 1 year and 11 months?

the owners are looking for 1-2 people to become Moderators here in Austin. Step up! Throw your name in the hat and maybe you will be selected and then you will see that there are no favorites when it comes to
Spacemtn
AustinModStaff Originally Posted by Spacemtn
No bonuses? LOL PM's and emails all the time? And having to react to that damn RTM button, yep I'm there.....no way but appreciate your contribution...

Personally I think your are DAMN FAIR!
There is a positivee side. People probably have more free time, because they don't read half as much as they used to since coed turned somewhat toxic.
Booth,

You have no idea if Space has pointed or warned me. Just like a few others you are speaking out the end where the sun don't shine. I am not like some who will get points or a warning and yap about it on the board. I know how to man up. I could care less if I am the one who was pointed or warned. I am not going to ask Space what was done to others. I trust Space's judgement and if he feels its warranted to point me or warn, I will not question it.

Sixx
Booth,

You have no idea if Space has pointed or warned me. Just like a few others you are speaking out the end where the sun don't shine. I am not like some who will get points or a warning and yap about it on the board. I know how to man up. I could care less if I am the one who was pointed or warned. I am not going to ask Space what was done to others. I trust Space's judgement and if he feels its warranted to point me or warn, I will not question it.

Sixx
Uh oh Sixx . I thought the doctor cured your double posting? Seems you had a RELAPSE...
  • Booth
  • 02-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Booth,

Sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
In response to your first sentence, I wasn't trying to imply that you or anyone else is being allowed to break the rules. I was suggesting that there's a general perception and appearance of such and to those who don't know better, appearances and perceptions are everything.

I was disciplined enough times on the old board to know that reprimands are typically private and I too respect Space. So how am I speaking out of my ass? There were no false accusations in my post. A question was asked and I gave an answer. No disrespect was intended. Space seems like a smart guy and quite possibly the most articulate mod this board has ever seen. For what it's worth, I thought you were an excellent mod but since stepping down you've become an embarrassment.
I never knew why you became a mod, sixx ... that's gotta be a major pain in the ass job. Shirley chasing pussy's gotta be more fun. Especially for a gashhound like you!

That said, as mod, you didn't have to deal with, er, YOU!

Since you stepped down, the tone around here has taken a turn to the dark side. Almost came up out of it last weekend, but that lasted a whole 24 hours.

People are saying this isn't about sixx and Whispers, but it totally is. The perception of negativity and animosity in the forums is completely directed by the writings of a couple of guys... primarily those two guys.

Of course we're all taking the bait. Some of us are probably having more fun than others engaging them. But CHIT! You could put them and others on ignore folks, but frankly, I find a lot of sixx's and Whispers' posts to be informative -- that is when they're not jamming folks in the bunghole. So I don't plan on doing that anytime soon. But it would be nice if we were to be more ironic in our posts and less moronic!

I've never met any of you ... doubt that I will ... so I've got no investment in who gets laid or who doesn't. But I've got to commend Space and the staff for having the patience of Job. (But is that BBBJob? Or CBJob?)
  • Vyt
  • 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM
What is going on here? Huge ego's that need to be fed. Resentment of women. Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
Wise words, especially when, as you point out, one follows the other.
The way I see it, if some people (like Whispers as the preeminent example) post a whole hell of a lot and invest energy into the board they will have a greater impact on the feel and flavor of the place than those who do not. I think that's just reality.

It may be an unpleasant reality if you happen to find such any such highly engaged poster arrogant and abrasive or overly argumentative (posting style) as some obviously do, but try to remember that he's just impacting your internet reading experience not your life. BTW reading is something you DO...you choose to...so in reality you're just ticked off that you cannot bring yourself to just ignore them. Your drawn to the opportunity to be outraged. It's like Jerry Springer and desperate housewives...you watch those guys rant on line and it make you feel "I'm better than them".

Short of throttling "high activity" folks by having a daily posting limit (probably undesirable) all you can do is have some objective behavioral guidelines, which this board does.

I will take one position though. I really do think it would be for the good of the board if calling women (or hobbyists) who post here fat, old, cellulite ridden or anything else in that vein, at least anywhere but in the description section of a review, were forbidden and/or addressed a lot more aggressively. That kind of BS just pollutes the air and inhibits participation by some folks and adds nothing of value when its just part of a heated argument.

There is one board I know of that stops a lot of the BS by simply making at a violation to directly address any individual. You can comment on the OP or make statements on the topic, but no directly addressing other posters is permitted. It is amazingly effective, but comes at a cost and may not be appropriate for a board like this one.