When people are allowed to say idiotic things unchallenged

I'm going to take you under my wing and school you on how to say the exact same thing, only nicer!

Where is Sisyphus? Help a brother out!

Originally Posted by WTF
I'm here...following along...shaking my head ruefully....but here. This thread is starting to resemble tic-tac-toe. How many "cat" games must be played to realize the futility of the undertaking?

I'm more than willing to lend my 'Sis a hand with her rhetoric, if she feels she needs one. She seems to be doing okay, so far, at least to me.

WTF as Henry Higgins:lig htning: Originally Posted by atlcomedy
I can just hear him now.... "The rain in Spain falls mainly in the plain..."

Nina's words...with a cockney accent....somehow...rather enticing!!!

thanks darling, i will let you proofread all my posts in the future and i am sure you will learn me all the skills needed...That said....ALL the skills needed :-)..... merci...... oh, i am sisyphus sister....as they say in europe:" you can get a whore off the street but you can never get the street off the whore" ..... he he.....that said it was just a symbolic analogy. I was not referring to myself and my hypothetical career as a streetwalker.... just explaining the sisyphus`sister thingie ;-) Originally Posted by ninasastri
Sis???!!!! After all these years.... Wow! Things are certainly looking up!
No not at all; my point is Nina seemed to instinctively think this thread was targeted at a specific individual as well - even if she later changed her mind.

I didn't know she did greek lol Originally Posted by discreetgent
yes it was targeted at me and lauren. i mean . pretty obvious. Nespresso - what else? but i rethought my post and considered at looking how they who never name names but always mean persons do it:
Not naming names but writing in a way that everyone knows what and who is concerned.Be as unprecise as possible: say "science is so and so and bash like half the planet rather than saying Mr. XY is such ans such" way less offensive. and thinking before posting. then rethinking, editing and reposting. So,
you all have proof i am really trying, right?
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2011, 08:08 PM

Sis???!!!! After all these years.... Wow! Things are certainly looking up! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Yea for you but just think about your poor sisters POV!
Not naming names but writing in a way that everyone knows what and who is concerned. and thinking before posting. then rethinking, editing and reposting. So,
you all have proof i am really trying, right? Originally Posted by ninasastri
My post was not at all a criticism of you. It was simply to make the point that it seemed pretty clear to a number of people what this thread was about. Just another data point to support my opinion.
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2011, 08:21 PM
My post was not at all a criticism of you. It was simply to make the point that it seemed pretty clear to a number of people what this thread was about. Just another data point to support my opinion. Originally Posted by discreetgent

DG, very smart people can make very idiotic statements. That is not calling someone an idiot.

This thread could just as easily been directed toward RK.

Truth be told, it was directed towards people that do not know the difference between opinion and facts in regards to science. Did it stem from an earlier thread where folks did not understand just WTF science was? Yes but there were more than a few in that thread that had trouble understanding.

But again, if the shoe fits, by all means wear it proud!

omni-orgasmic enigma tantalizing tra-la-pa-looza from just around the corner from Dr. Jung's home. Originally Posted by tra4fun
I am by no means a Jungian. Nor will i ever be. The only thing about Jung`s philosophy i like is "Synchronicity". Other than that i am highly critical of many of his very patriarchal views of archetypes and women in general.
Yea for you but just think about your poor sisters POV! Originally Posted by WTF
She copped to it...can't bother her all that much.
Bluto: Hey! What's all this laying around stuff? Why are you all still laying around here for?
Stork: What the hell are we supposed to do, ya moron? We're all expelled. There's nothing to fight for anymore.
D-Day: [to Bluto] Let it go. War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Otter: [to Boon] Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
Bluto: And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...
[thinks hard of something to say]
Bluto: The tough get goin'! Who's with me? Let's go!
[Bluto runs out, alone; then returns]
Bluto: What the fuck happened to the Delta I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Bluto, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Wormer, he's a dead man! Marmalard, dead! Niedermeyer...
Otter: Dead! Bluto's right. Psychotic... but absolutely right.

But really mine was a different point, one where in a debate on facts, such as primary colors....what is the nice way to tell a person they obviously do not grasp the concept without them crying foul? Originally Posted by WTF
I can not speak for others WTF, but if I came on here and posted that 2+2 =5. I would rather a person respond back with ...

A. No Becky please go buy a calculator 2+2=4 not 5.
Perhaps you are not thinking straight at the moment, and need another nap

instead of

B. Becky you are a truly ignorant person how could you possibly think that 2+2 could equals 5. It is 4 you moron.

You see there is a way to tell a person they are wrong without causing any pain.

Now if you need any more examples I will be happy to come up with some
DG, very smart people can make very idiotic statements. That is not calling someone an idiot.

This thread could just as easily been directed toward RK.

Truth be told, it was directed towards people that do not know the difference between opinion and facts in regards to science. Did it stem from an earlier thread where folks did not understand just WTF science was? Yes but there were more than a few in that thread that had trouble understanding.

But again, if the shoe fits, by all means wear it proud!

Originally Posted by WTF
or sarah palin. but that would have been also too obvious :-)
btw: is she or is she not speaking in tongues? I mean sarah...
or sarah palin. but that would have been also too obvious :-)
btw: is she or is she not speaking in tongues? I mean sarah... Originally Posted by ninasastri
Hard to tell what the hell Palin is speaking. If we're all hot & bothered to challenge the idiotic things others say, that would be a great place to start.

Just sayin'....
I can not speak for others WTF, but if I came on here and posted that 2+2 =5. I would rather a person respond back with ...

instead of

B. Becky you are a truly ignorant person how could you possibly think that 2+2 could equals 5. It is 4 you moron.

You see there is a way to tell a person they are wrong without causing any pain.

Now if you need any more examples I will be happy to come up with some Originally Posted by Becky
true as well. i think we all - at least ME - got thepoint. and i stated so. Just someone else (oh we won`t name names . hell no) did still not admit he/she is wrong. What`s so wrong with admitting you are wrong? My god how embarrassing :-). ....:-) Its much wiser to stick to an opinion no matter how many proofs of wrong you have. a true captain never leaves the sinking ship, right?
Another example of an idiotic statement.

JOE BIDEN: “Look, Mubarak . . . I would not refer to him as a dictator."
27 Jan, '11
  • WTF
  • 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM

instead of

Originally Posted by Becky
If after responding

Becky responded, ''No WTF, I know 2+2=5. I'm thinking straight, thinking you should go straight to hell.''

WTF is WTF to do? That is what WTF is dealing with and talking about.

Now if you need any more examples I will be happy to come up with some Originally Posted by Becky
Can you give me an example of how you would make my weenie feel better, please!

2+2does =5 Becky!
Word~

You guys do realize that every time someone uses that freedom of speech act, I almost vomit. It's a double edged sword as far as I am concerned...it allows those idiots WTF speaks of to act as if they actually know what they're talking about. Then if someone dare call them on their bs, we are being judgemental...uh no we are being honest so deal with it lol. Originally Posted by London Rayne
for me its pretty simple. if i post insults i get insulted. what goes around comes around. insults hidden behind anonymity are no less insulting than insults adressed at people. and stupidity proposed in a braggadacious way can be pretty uncivil too at points. I mean some people have actually seen universities from the inside and then i have to listen to that i am a dogmatist. I mean - i never insult religious people that way. and i did not do that in said thread either where everyone was actually pro or con religions. Plius, speaking from an intellectual POV: If you want to support rekigious thinking its not a great move to point out that science is as screwed up as religion. ah. yes. not good. not helping the cause. its the same when someone brings up your flaws and you point out to them that your neighbour actually has the same flaw. not really helping :-)