To All Veterans Young and Old Thank You !

No matter what, our veterans did something many of us have not...

They served.

They put their lives on hold and served.

Regardless of the what we think about the appropriateness of the compensation and acknowledgement they have received our veterans have served while the rest of us lived our relatively safer, more normal lives.

Regardless of what we may think about the appropriateness of the missions and political agendas they have been asked to execute on the whole the service our veterans have provided is of benefit to our country and our way of life.

All gave some, some gave all.

For that we should be grateful.

I am.
Many of you don't know what we do in combat when it pours we are are still are out there strong winds we are there because we are stopping the filth that is trying to steal your freedom and we try to protect other countries so they can have their freedom war is a nightmare that you never wake up from so to all my veteran brothers and sisters I will thank you for standing up with me the negative people put your self in our shoes this we will defend MSGT 30 years Originally Posted by edr1322
bull ...war be a ...business ...an aint been nothin bout ...freedom ...fer a long time
bull ...war be a ...business ...an aint been nothin bout ...freedom ...fer a long time Originally Posted by Plastic Man
And maybe that is all the more reason to thank our Veterans, for serving faithfully and professionally when commanded to carry out missions and strategies that some call hypocritical politically driven agendas (or something like that).

This is Veterans' Day, to thank the Veterans for their service. Not "War Day" to celebrate the wars or the motives behind them. Not "Political and Social History Day" to honor our societies history or military efforts. It is simply Veterans' Day, to simply honor and thank those who served regardless of the war, the political, or social context in which they served.
Every one of us Veterans, at one point in time, wrote a blank check to the American citizens for our body, mind, and soul, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies. Long hours, low pay are the norm for a Vet. We all learned to "Embrace the Suck".
Every one of us Veterans, at one point in time, wrote a blank check to the American citizens for our body, mind, and soul, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies. Long hours, low pay are the norm for a Vet. We all learned to "Embrace the Suck". Originally Posted by tigerjedi69
Some of us think more of it than others however. I don't see how my service made the average housewife safer. It didn't. It was bullshit political corporate fundraising. We were dong a job. It wasn't serving, there wasn't a tip. A lot of ex-military find the empty routine thank yous to be condescending. best to just think 'whatever' and say thanks in return. To say every vet wrote a blank check is aggrandizement.