Oenephiles...UNITE!

I love Taittinger champagne and my favorite is Pop by Pommery, in the tiny pink bottles.

I haven't ever spent more than 40 on a bottle of bubbly, so I wouldn't know what else I may be missing out on.

@Meldrick, thanks for all the info.

I do prefer estate wines, especially the reds from Chile and Argentina (Cabernet Savignon and Malbec)
This is basically a true statement of either beer, wine or hard spirits.

A old adage is if you drink a glass of 26 year old Scotch Whisky, drink it, enjoy it, and if you are going to continue drinking, move on to a cheap brand, your palate is overwhelmed.

In wine tastings, the same holds true. After a flight ( a sampling of different wines) the taste buds are numbed and you wil not be able to distinguish certain flavor profiles for the next wine. A flight should not really exceed 5 or 6 samplings.

If you are drinking a heavy full body cabernet, if you suddenly decide to switch to a Pinot Noir or a Blend wine, you will not be able to enjoy all of the flavor profiles of that wine. Originally Posted by runswithscissors
Interesting!! Thanks for the response. I don't drink wine at all so this string of notes fascinates me. Rum and vodka is about all I drink.
Since there seems to be a lot wine folks here, I have a question. I was on a cruise, and was served a bottle of Leonardini, Spumante. I thought it was great, but I cant find it. I know it comes from Italy. It also had a label that read, Vino Spumante Dolce. I have checked the the company that produced it, but cant find it on their website. Any ideas?
I retract the previous question. I searched their website, but google is amazing. Back to your regular scheduled programming.
I have a feeling you are going to like my fave. And it's a Texas wine to boot - woohooo !!!

Sister Creek
Wine Style - White Italian style wine with residual sugar and slightly carbonated. Flavors - Elegantly sweet and balanced with fruity, floral, & honey aromas.

Originally Posted by rrrabbit
WOW! I have something in common with rrabbit??
hummmm....very interesting. .....
This has been my fav since a hobbyist, (ironiclly goes by 'beermeagainbabe') in SA brought it a couple of years ago.
Nice......