How many of us are left from ASPD?

I was on ASPD from '01 to '03 before taking a 7 year hiatus due to a slight case of marriage.

I first saw Dannie during the same time frame. She was pretty much the de facto featured entertainer and ruler of a little club I frequented at the time. But the crowds around her were too thick for me to ever get closer than a couple of arms lengths. The place might have shut down without her (not really much of an exaggeration). Then I showed up here and found a nice surprise waiting for me. Originally Posted by eccienewbie
Haha!! I love, "hiatus due to a slight case of marriage"!!

I wish you would have pushed the 'crowds' out of the way, and told me about the boards! EESH! You know how that club was! Like getting blood from a turnip...

Funnier still, I've 'run into' a lot of guys from that club, who were on the "P" and are now here. Y'all coulda saved me a lot of time, JUST SAYING! Hehe

Thank you for the more than flattering comments.
I am still here i like this place but i loved ASPD
Me too, hooter was the first
How did you guys and gals communicate back then? BBS's didn't even start taking off until the late 80s or early 90s. Originally Posted by Adonis

Easy now................it was NOT that long ago.........seeing that was my birth year!!!!!!!!
I started there in 2007, still have the same name.
Started in 2008 on aspd. Liked the interaction with the girls on the board.
  • Bubba
  • 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I started on ASPD in 1999. Went to the first fundraiser there in Dallas with Amber and a host of what are now "old timers" (like me! LOL!)

I don't look at the Dallas forum much (I moved away several years ago) so it has been kind of fun seeing some names from "back in the day!"
  • Deke
  • 07-03-2013, 06:42 PM
Joined in 2008, but can't remember if I used my current handle.
I was there under pyramider around 01 or 02 cannot remember. I was banned due to being made a modtard on another SHMB. I came back as someone else, and someone else, and someone else, and someone else, and someone else, and someone else. One someone else was my provider persona, I was POD once ... such a proud day for me and my other personas. We were downright giddy that day.
Bought my first computer early April 2001, stumbled onto ASPD a month later. It was still open reviews, in Sept of 01, it went to BCD, so I joined then. Found the AMP's a month later, and life hasn't been the same since! In a good, but expensive way. Same handle on ASPD. If working midnight shift for 20 years doesn't make you a "Nightman" I'm not sure what does.
I was on ASPD for about a year before it went away. Originally Posted by wolfking1212
Me too. I was starting to feel comfortable and learning the site. Then it went away
circa 2007. good times!
Started on ASPD 2001 after visiting first provider GiGi.
  • NoDak
  • 07-03-2013, 08:58 PM
I think it was about 2006...same handle...Heather Hart was my introduction to the hobby...
aspd sucked. Always going down, losing data, mods with an agenda, ownership that did not reinvest. Good ole days my ass.