Coronavirus in ampland

As for South Korea, well, if you love the police state... Originally Posted by Aoi
well, I did think of it that way once.. when the Bird Flu was raging, I disembarked at Incheon on my way to Vietnam, and every passenger was wanded, to check for fever.. if you didn't "pass", there was a large room where you would be instantly quarantined.. your journey was in South Korean hands, no telling when or if the outside world would ever hear from you again. nobody knew they were checking passengers, you couldn't opt out, or get back on the plane.

of course, in Vietnam I was X-Rayed at the airport; Vietnam didn't have sophisticated tools to detect Bird Flu. I already knew it was a Police State

and by the way, masks are mandatory right now.. $30 US dollars Fine if the Cops catch you without one.
  • Aoi
  • 04-05-2020, 05:31 PM
I'm honestly more comfortable with more people wearing masks than not. I wish people would stay the fuck away from each other at Walmart though. It's really annoying when you have some punkass kid just tailgating right behind you.

As for Korea, I think part of the reason they got over this so fast was because they have a huge surveillance state there. Cameras are literally everywhere. So, if you want to go to an AMP or something there, smile, you're on camera. But, ironically enough, it is that same nanny state that forced everyone to stay put long enough for things to die down. So, I mean, there's definitely a good amount of correlation there. Unfortunately, a lot of Americans (looking at you, millennials) who fuck it up for all of us.

Also, Korea's medical apparatus is much better than most places.

In short, Korea has more disciplined culture than we do and they've gotten better results because of it.