Calexit?

Greeting Gentlemen of high standards, ....

Looking forward to meeting with some of you handsome fellas.

Xoxo Anastasia ❤️ Originally Posted by Anastasia479
You've obviously made a mistake by posting an Ad in here ....

... but more importantly by believing you are addressing ...

"handsome" .... "Gentlemen of high standards"!!!!
So California might want to hold out exiting the union they will need some serious Federal assistance. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
I actually think that's a GREAT reason to let CA go.. So when they do get smited, by the quake. The Fed doesn't have to send assistance to them..
I actually think that's a GREAT reason to let CA go.. So when they do get smited, by the quake. The Fed doesn't have to send assistance to them.. Originally Posted by garhkal
... or even the next forest fires!

The U.S. firefighters will have to get their VISAS in order ...

... of course the fruit and veggie pickers don't need "papers"!
I actually think that's a GREAT reason to let CA go.. So when they do get smited, by the quake. The Fed doesn't have to send assistance to them.. Originally Posted by garhkal
The Government probably doesn't want to give up the entertainment industry just yet. It's hard to tell what their scheme is. Personally, I don't think California will secede. I don't think they have the guts.

Jim
... or even the next forest fires!

The U.S. firefighters will have to get their VISAS in order ..! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Exactly.. How much money does the Fed spend each year combatting fires in CA and neighboring states??

The Government probably doesn't want to give up the entertainment industry just yet. It's hard to tell what their scheme is. Personally, I don't think California will secede. I don't think they have the guts. Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Why would the govt care or not about whether holly weird goes?? Especially when Georgia and several other places have ramped UP THEIR film making..
Exactly.. How much money does the Fed spend each year combatting fires in CA and neighboring states??

Why would the govt care or not about whether holly weird goes?? Especially when Georgia and several other places have ramped UP THEIR film making.. Originally Posted by garhkal
Well most of those high octane celebrities still live in California. Other states that produce films still don't do the volume that California does. But then again Trump is in office and he might not give a shit since California is basically bankrupt.

Jim
Well most of those high octane celebrities still live in California.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
They have houses in California. Their money and lives are spent elsewhere.
They have houses in California. Their money and lives are spent elsewhere. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yeah they may travel a lot, but they still manage their finances in California and pay taxes. Anyway California is no loss.

Jim
.... but they still manage their finances in California and pay taxes.

You don't actually believe that do you?

When you say .... "pay taxes" .... you mean like 10 bucks?
You don't actually believe that do you?

When you say .... "pay taxes" .... you mean like 10 bucks? Originally Posted by LexusLover
What does the average celebrity make, and what do you think they pay in taxes?

Jim
Calling all Assholes! Calling all Assholes! Be on the lookout for idiots posting as adults on the whooker board.

Wait. That's you!

Never mind.

What does the average celebrity make, and what do you think they pay in taxes?

Your "assumption" seems to be they earn their money in California and therefore get taxed by California. Just because someone has a house someplace doesn't mean they are a "resident" of that location. You also seem to assume those who earn money overseas bring it all home. That doesn't happen either. Finally, you should take a look at the California "tax code" ... and see "exemptions"! And not necessarily under the heading of "Exemptions"!

Here's an example: Portland, Oregon. on the border with Washington State. Oregon had an income tax and no general sales tax. Folks lived across the river in Washington and worked in Portland. They bought their groceries and shit on the way home in Oregon, but gassed up their vehicles in Washington to avoid the "surcharge" on fuel costs. Privilege has its perks.

For your edification ... my use of the "10 bucks" illustrates the kinds of bullshit one sees in these forums ... not necessarily from you ... in which "10 bucks" in taxes IS "paying taxes" ... if you get my drift. But you do realize the "game" is to not pay any taxes, if it can be avoided. What's the incentive to pay for shit you are not going to receive or ever see?
Calling all Assholes! Calling all Assholes! Be on the lookout for idiots posting as adults on the whooker board.

Wait. That's you!

Never mind.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Only you have a direct call to assholes. Because you're the alpha asshole.
Your "assumption" seems to be they earn their money in California and therefore get taxed by California. Just because someone has a house someplace doesn't mean they are a "resident" of that location. You also seem to assume those who earn money overseas bring it all home. That doesn't happen either. Finally, you should take a look at the California "tax code" ... and see "exemptions"! And not necessarily under the heading of "Exemptions"!

Here's an example: Portland, Oregon. on the border with Washington State. Oregon had an income tax and no general sales tax. Folks lived across the river in Washington and worked in Portland. They bought their groceries and shit on the way home in Oregon, but gassed up their vehicles in Washington to avoid the "surcharge" on fuel costs. Privilege has its perks.

For your edification ... my use of the "10 bucks" illustrates the kinds of bullshit one sees in these forums ... not necessarily from you ... in which "10 bucks" in taxes IS "paying taxes" ... if you get my drift. But you do realize the "game" is to not pay any taxes, if it can be avoided. What's the incentive to pay for shit you are not going to receive or ever see? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Yeah, I realize all that. That's just filler for my original point.

Jim
Yeah, I realize all that. That's just filler for my original point.

Yea, right! You mean "the point" you wish you had made.