Please Don’t Thank Me for My Service

After Desert Storm I thought this country had moved beyond that attitude ... spitting on the servicemembers .... that flourished in the late 60's and early 70's. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The statement was meant to be more metaphorical in nature. You're right, I think we have moved past the actual act of spitting but there are still nut jobs who will openly denigrate our service men and women to prove their point. The Westboro idiots for example. Idiotic as they may be they still have the right to think that way. I have a right to think them idiots.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2015, 02:38 PM
This is way too PC.

WTF, are you really trying to lecture us on what we should say or not say to a soldier? Isn't that approaching an infringement on our individual freedom?

. Originally Posted by boardman
No I'm not lecturing you or anyone else. I did post a article describing how some soldiers think the thanks, hollow.

LexusLiar basically posted that he'd say wtf he wanted to soldiers and if they didn't like it he would say he was sorry they felt that way....a tad patronizing if you ask me.

Why the fuck does he feel the need to add "Sorry you feel that way"? They have every right to feel any way they want. LexusLiar makes it seem as if they are wrong for not caring for his self serving thanks. The moral i got from the article boardman was that " Talk is cheap".....and if that is all you have , just save it for insecure hookers.

As to spitting on soldiers, that is what we do when we do not think before sending them off to war and not funding their aftercare properly. Maybe before the next war LexusLover will give up his Social Security to fund Veterans. ..or he can just keep thanking them for their services. I sure don't want to limit his right to idiotic speech.

No I'm not lecturing you or anyone else.

Why the fuck does he feel the need to add "Sorry you feel that way"? Originally Posted by WTF
Why the fuck do you "feel" you have any special knowledge or right to LECTURE me about how I respond to others based on one fucking article you cut and paste on a hooker board....you little twerp? Or how you "feel" I should respond. You some kind of an expert on "human relations" or something?

Go wash some golf balls and dream you had some real ones to wash, ...

......... you arrogant little know-nothing piece of trash.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2015, 03:14 PM
Why the fuck do you "feel" you have any special knowledge or right to LECTURE me about how I respond to others based on one fucking article you cut and paste on a hooker board....you little twerp? Or how you "feel" I should respond. You some kind of an expert on "human relations" or something?

h. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'm not lecturing you. I'm just telling you that according to the article some soldiers do not appreciate you chicken hawks coming up and thanking them for their service while having not sacrificed anything other than that.

Were you to shit your panties and not know it would you accuse someone of lecturing you when all they did was inform you that you had shit your pants?. That was all i was doing. You should be thanking me! Keep shitting them if you want.
I'm not lecturing you. Originally Posted by WTF

Still trying to find your balls to wash?
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Still trying to find your balls to wash? Originally Posted by LexusLover
LexusLiar if you want to thank servicemembers for their service and nothing more....than more power to ya. I just posted an article that shows that not all servicemembers appreciate it. Not that you care wtf they think. As you posted you'll say whatever you like to them.
LexusLiar if you want to thank servicemembers for their service and nothing more....than more power to ya. I just posted an article that shows that not all servicemembers appreciate it. Not that you care wtf they think. As you posted you'll say whatever you like to them. Originally Posted by WTF
Everyone knows that adding, 'well I'm sorry you feel that way' is a nice way of saying fuck you and what you think.
  • WTF
  • 02-23-2015, 04:10 PM
Everyone knows that adding, 'well I'm sorry you feel that way' is a nice way of saying fuck you and what you think. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Not boardman...he seemed to think I was trying to restrict LexusLover free speech when all I was doing was pointing out what a dick thing to say to a war vet.

It is easier to just thank them for their service than to do something to help.

Go wash some golf balls and dream you had some real ones to wash, ...

......... you arrogant little know-nothing piece of trash. Originally Posted by LexusLover
All you do is lecture others on how they should think. Karma is a BITCH

There actually are people who go to school to be experts on human relations. I'm just saying.
Not boardman...he seemed to think I was trying to restrict LexusLover free speech when all I was doing was pointing out what a dick thing to say to a war vet.

. Originally Posted by WTF
Exactly. Say whatever the fuck you want, Lexus/chicken dick, but we also have the right to say it's idiotic and stupid. That's the beauty of the first amendment; you get to be an idiot and we get to point it out.
That's the beauty of the first amendment; you get to be an idiot and we get to point it out. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
And you call attention to your idiocy regularly. No need for anyone else to do so.

According to the person writing the article, his underlying "assumption" is that the person thanking him for his service doesn't have a clue as to how he feels.

That's yours and WTF's!

Why don't you two fools declare yourself winners of the "issue" fabricated by WTF and embellished by you .... and move on. Since you two don't know how he feels, then you two probably shouldn't thank him. After all you two are the ones he's addressing. That's why WTF posted the article, right? And started this thread, right?
That's why WTF posted the article, right? And started this thread, right? Originally Posted by LexusLover
And what qualifications does the Patriarch of the Idiot Klan, errrr Clan have to be the only one capable of determining "why WTF posted the article," and "started this thread?"
And what qualifications does the Patriarch of the Idiot Klan, errrr Clan have to be the only one capable of determining "why WTF posted the article," and "started this thread?" Originally Posted by bigtex
Glad you asked .... "why WTF posted the article" ....

... Like his struggle with his own racism for some sick and distorted "reasoning" he FEELS better about his defective condition when he can accuse others of having the same "affliction" and, like you calling others an "IDIOT," he gains some comfort in pointing out others are the same, even if they are not.

If he FEELS his expressing a "thank you" to a servicmember is shallow and meaningless, because he doesn't have any idea how THEY FEEL, then perhaps he should refrain from doing so without faulting others based on groundless assumptions ...... although I can candidly say to him that he ought not FEEL bad about himself because "he doesn't have any idea how THEY FEEL." He shouldn't FEEL guilty about it, but he also shouldn't try to make himself FEEL BETTER by trying to drag others to his level AS HE PERCEIVES his LEVEL.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept of "projection" as a form of "justification," or, in WT'F's case and yours, a feeble attempt to refocus the public's attention away from your own shortcomings by fabricating bullshit about others ....... YOUR MAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE IS GETTING FAMOUS FOR IT!