Pre-meeting phone call?

• anita
  • 06-19-2014, 01:29 AM
You can call when you are about to get on your way, you know, for the address. But if it is a big deal I don't mind. Just set a time for it and call.
I stick to text for the most part because I am often not in a private place to accept calls and speak openly. If a guy wants to talk, I ask him to text me first and give me a few minutes to get to a place where I can speak freely. Other than that, I prefer PM's, e-mail, and texts because I like to have things "in writing." The one time I had a verbal agreement with someone over the phone, they shorted me in a session and I didn't have a visual record as proof of the agreement. The other reason is that keeping emails, PM's, and texts helps me to give proper references if I am asked to vouch for someone. I never turn down a get-to-know-you request over the phone (after screening is done and an appointment is set). I enjoy them actually
Totally agree SNL ... love to hear a lady's voice, get a sense of the way she communicates, and much more. If there is a few days or weeks before the meeting, I like to send some friendly notes by message too. And if the chemistry is right, hearing my voice and talking a bit helps the lady build a connection with me too. All of that can dramatically heighten the anticipation of the first time we see each other face to face. Good thread...