How does it feel to impregnant a woman?

Wow you just brought up something that used to haunt me. I was one of those women that didn't fall in love with motherhood. For many years I felt guilty that I didn't have all those maternal feelings. I thought I was the only woman that felt that way. One day just by chance I met a woman that had the same feelings that I did. It was as if a load of bricks had been lifted off of my shoulders. She was just as relieved to have met me too. She and I shared a couple of other conversations then we fell out of each others life. That happened way back in 1995. I still remember it like it happened last week. Originally Posted by Ansley
I didn't just fall in love with the idea of it either. Though she was planned, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. But when I saw my daughter for the first time, everything changed. Parenthood is no fairly tale, but it's one of the most fulfilling jobs I've ever had.
Parenthood is no fairy tale, but it's one of the most fulfilling jobs I've ever had. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
I think that distinction is important: fulfilling vs. fun. There was an incredibly well-written and interesting article on nymag.com that discussed something similar, as well as the effects of children on marital satisfaction:

"All Joy and No Fun: Why Parents Hate Parenting"
http://www.nymag.com/news/features/67024
Nope, no card, no tie...nada...zip. That's okay though...I know what I did! It was awesome!