Brandon and his circus clowns try and redefine the word "RECESSION"...sorry fuckers!!

We all need to get better at staying focused on actual reality. While it may be fun Kabuki Theater to discuss the semantics of the definition of what is a recession -- it is entirely the exact wrong topic folks. We will blow right on by (have already IMHO) a recession, however one chooses to define it -- barreling towards a DEPRESSION, with all alacrity.

Anyway, try not to have a depressing day...
.... Easy with the insults there, mates.
Just give yer opinions, please.

... I thought the Dems and Biden's "American Rescue Plan"
was surely gonna get the economy and what-not moving in
the right direction... NOW they want even MORE money $$$
for the "Inflation Reduction Plan"...

Not seeing how the tax-paying people benefit from this.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Then who, in your opinion, benefits?
Then who, in your opinion, benefits? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Ukraine gets another 550M in US taxpayer money this week. Of course, that also means the MIC gets more mollah to replenish the depleted inventories.
  • WTF
  • 08-03-2022, 08:32 AM
You're predicting a depression!

You can make a lot of money in a falling market, please tell us your strategy.

I mean you are putting your money where your mouth is, correct?
Not his money!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
You're predicting a depression!... Originally Posted by WTF
Why_Yes_I_Am
...You can make a lot of money in a falling market, please tell us your strategy... Originally Posted by WTF
Why_Yes_We_Can. Imma play me some real estate cards and bottom fishing.
...I mean you are putting your money where your mouth is, correct? Originally Posted by WTF
Why_Yes_I_Am , but then -- we all are, like it or not.
The layoff's have begun (financial sector 1st)
You're predicting a depression!

You can make a lot of money in a falling market, please tell us your strategy.

I mean you are putting your money where your mouth is, correct? Originally Posted by WTF
Depression. lol. That’s stupidiotic. With sub 4% unemployment. And a stock market near all time highs. And housing prices still increasing or at least holding. Lol. Too funny.
Then who, in your opinion, benefits? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... It was the belief that the "American Rescue Plan"
would - how'd they put it? "Get the country building again"...??

And look at the result... Sky-High prices for everything,
heavy inflation, and looming recession.

So nobody has benefited. ... And NOW the Dems want
MORE money to throw at the problems. ..

It would seem that the major use for the money $$$$
is to support all the illegals coming across the border.

So - reckon NOW the illegals are benefitting.

### Salty
The layoff's have begun (financial sector 1st) Originally Posted by lbbguy
Depression. lol. That’s stupidiotic. With sub 4% unemployment. And a stock market near all time highs. And housing prices still increasing or at least holding. Lol. Too funny. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
It’s Happening: Here Is A List Of 11 Big Companies That Have Announced Layoffs Within The Last 2 Weeks

Published: August 4, 2022

When the economy slows down, layoffs inevitably happen. We witnessed this on a very large scale in 2008 and 2009, and now it is happening again. U.S. economic numbers are rapidly getting worse, and companies all across America don’t want to get caught with bloated payrolls as we plunge into a recession. As you will see below, many of the firms that are laying off workers are either in the real estate industry or the tech industry. Those are two industries that were on the leading edge of the “boom times”, and now it appears that they will also be on the bleeding edge as the economy crashes.

It is always a tragedy whenever any hard working American is forced out of a job. Unfortunately, what we are witnessing right now is just the beginning. The following is a list of 11 big companies that have announced layoffs within the last 2 weeks…

#1 Ultratec Inc. says that it will be laying off more than 600 workers.

#2 Electric truck maker Rivian will be laying off approximately 840 workers.

#3 7-Eleven has announced that it will be eliminating 880 corporate jobs.

#4 Shopify is laying off about 1,000 people.

#5 Vimeo says that it will be eliminating 6 percent of its current workforce.

#6 Redfin will be reducing the size of its workforce by 8 percent.

#7 Compass will be reducing the size of its workforce by 10 percent.

#8 RE/MAX will be reducing the size of its workforce by 17 percent.

#9 Robinhood will be reducing the size of its workforce by 23 percent.

#10 It is being reported that Ford “is preparing to cut as many as 8,000 jobs in the coming weeks”.

#11 Geico has closed every single one of their offices in the state of California, and that will result in vast numbers of workers losing their jobs…

Imma side with ibbguy, not 1b1 on this one.
Again, no link.
528,000 jobs created in July 2022. Unless those layoffs are MASSIVE it’s not gonna make a bit of difference. I’ll keep laughing at anyone believing we are anywhere near the precipice of a depression.
  • WTF
  • 08-05-2022, 03:32 PM
528,000 jobs created in July 2022. Unless those layoffs are MASSIVE it’s not gonna make a bit of difference. I’ll keep laughing at anyone believing we are anywhere near the precipice of a depression. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
They need to Google Jamie Dimon
Gas prices down, airfare prices down, and inflation rate at 8.5 down from 9.1. Over the next month or so we will feel lower prices. I guess the recession was so short lived as to be nonexistent. And the depression is headed the way of the dodo bird.
Yuge jobs report this month as well.

Again. The facts reveal the just how high the flames of panic can be whipped up in our hyper partisan environment.

Any surprise who was doing the fanning?