1st amendment needs changes

But what if you don’t believe in creation? You are guaranteed that “right” too... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Imma say nope, as they would be considered soul-less, much like dogs or skunks and should be subdued, as per the gospel etc. While dogs and skunk can be cute and lovable enough, they also have teeth, stink and generally stink up the joint - as most soul-less things do..
Imma say nope, as they would be considered soul-less, much like dogs or skunks and should be subdued, as per the gospel etc. While dogs and skunk can be cute and lovable enough, they also have teeth, stink and generally stink up the joint - as most soul-less things do.. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
No...they would be guaranteed the same rights. I may not believe in the laws of physics, but I am still subject to them..
No...they would be guaranteed the same rights. I may not believe in the laws of physics, but I am still subject to them.. Originally Posted by texassapper
But you would still agree that most soul-less things do stink up the joint?
Simply don't agree with? Nonsense

When that hate speech is calling for violence and annihilation. That should have major consequences. Good grief Originally Posted by winn dixie
... Too Right! ... I still agree-with Winn on this.
"Death to Jews" and "Death to America" is HATE Speech.

The speech is surely designed to frighten the Jewish students.
Calling for, as Winn mentioned, ANNIHILATION!

... Now I don't believe the First Amendment needs changed,
but there are LAWS against Hate Speech.
And they should be enforced.

#### Salty
... Too Right! ... I still agree-with Winn on this.
"Death to Jews" and "Death to America" is HATE Speech. Originally Posted by Salty Again
No they aren't. They are stupid slogans, an argument could be made that they are an incitement to violence, but you'd have a tough time proving that in court.
The speech is surely designed to frighten the Jewish students.
Calling for, as Winn mentioned, ANNIHILATION! Originally Posted by Salty Again
How do you know the intent of the speakers? Maybe they're doing it because they're paid to?
Now I don't believe the First Amendment needs changed,
but there are LAWS against Hate Speech.
And they should be enforced. Originally Posted by Salty Again
Which hate speech laws specifically?
It might be a little off subject, but how many of these protestors that are so adamant in their support for the Palestinian cause do you think could even find “Palestine” on a map?
It might be a little off subject, but how many of these protestors that are so adamant in their support for the Palestinian cause do you think could even find “Palestine” on a map? Originally Posted by Jackie S
There is one of these dumb bunnies at COlumbia protesting being interviewed and she actually has to ask another of her stupid friends what they were there protesting.

Repeal the 19th and save the Republic.
No they aren't. They are stupid slogans, an argument could be made that they are an incitement to violence, but you'd have a tough time proving that in court.
How do you know the intent of the speakers? Maybe they're doing it because they're paid to?
Which hate speech laws specifically? Originally Posted by texassapper
H.R. 6090 Antisemitism Awareness Act 2023

https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-...bill/6090/text.

Ask yourself how this Bill came into fruition.
H.R. 6090 Antisemitism Awareness Act 2023

Ask yourself how this Bill came into fruition. Originally Posted by Levianon17
You understand the difference between a bill and a law I assume?

If not I recommend you to some schoolhouse rock.

I think this legislation is a piece of garbage and you are correct it shows just how many Republicans are in bed with AIPIC. In the ast I would have expected SCOTUS to crush such a law... but in this day in age who knows how the hell they will rule.
You understand the difference between a bill and a law I assume?

If not I recommend you to some schoolhouse rock.

I think this legislation is a piece of garbage and you are correct it shows just how many Republicans are in bed with AIPIC. In the ast I would have expected SCOTUS to crush such a law... but in this day in age who knows how the hell they will rule. Originally Posted by texassapper
Yes I know the difference. I often wonder if Congress knows the difference between Constitutional and Unconstitutional legislation. It's been said that 93 out of 100 Senators receive money from AIPAC. It's kind of funny, when something is the right thing to do you have to pay people to believe it.
Which hate speech laws specifically? Originally Posted by texassapper
... Wouldn't have a tough time IF the "Death to Jews"
Hate Speech chant directly leads to violence or death
of Jewish people.

... IS this where you and I discuss First Amendment
protection as it pertains to shouting "FIRE!"
inside a crowded theatre??

... As I mentioned, it's NOT the actual Amendment that
needs changing - but how it's regulated. ... And by whom.

#### Salty
It might be a little off subject, but how many of these protestors that are so adamant in their support for the Palestinian cause do you think could even find “Palestine” on a map? Originally Posted by Jackie S
I don't think off topic. Very good point.
It should say any protests any bombing any of your video camera 5 in into your forehead