2016 Texas Longhorns football

It's time that the Athletic Director get off his ass and start a committee to replace the "genius" defensive coach named "Charlie". The Notre Dame game was a fluke (some of the best players were out on suspension) and they aren't the ND of the past. And the win at El Paso? Woop-dee-doo!
I predict a losing season for the Horns. As Chuckles noted, giving up 672 yards is amazing (and not in a good way). Coach Royal use to say to his teams (and this is still excellent advice for current and future UT teams): "If you prevent the other team from scoring, you will never lose a game." How true is that! Football games are won by DEFENSE! Dah!
Goodbye to Charlie. He personally did very well here in the last 2 & 1/2 years raking in MILLIONS of dollars of income for his "special defensive skills" in coaching...
It's time that the Athletic Director get off his ass and start a committee to replace the "genius" defensive coach named "Charlie". The Notre Dame game was a fluke (some of the best players were out on suspension) and they aren't the ND of the past. And the win at El Paso? Woop-dee-doo!
I predict a losing season for the Horns. As Chuckles noted, giving up 672 yards is amazing (and not in a good way). Coach Royal use to say to his teams (and this is still excellent advice for current and future UT teams): "If you prevent the other team from scoring, you will never lose a game." How true is that! Football games are won by DEFENSE! Dah!
Goodbye to Charlie. He personally did very well here in the last 2 & 1/2 years raking in MILLIONS of dollars of income for his "special defensive skills" in coaching... Originally Posted by The Diletante
You made this dumb comment as if you never watched a Big 12 game before. What team have you seen in the Big 12 play defense or shutdown OU. I'm predicting Texas will finish 8-4.
What would you say he problem is. Please our defensive game plan, all ears. Originally Posted by 56022256
Texas #1 problem is they are young. That is no excuse. That is fact. I will give you an example:

Texas Defense starters: Omenihu (DE), Jefferson (LB), Wheeler (LB), Davis (CB), Locke (NB), Hill(CB). These 6 player are all true Sophomores and not Redshirts. Texas also play a bunch of other Fr. and So. none starters.

OU defense depth chart staters: 7 (JR) 4 (SR). That is a lot of experience.

Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, Washington, Houston, Louisville and Texas A&M were ranked 1-8 in the AP yesterday.

Google anyone of those teams Depth Chart to see all the experience they have on Defense. They have a bunch a of SR, JR or Redshirts. Anyone who has every played football know there is a huge difference between a True Freshman and a Redshirt Freshman.

Defense Depth Chart:

Michiagn: 10(SR) 2(JR)
Ohio State: 8 Redshirts
Texas A&M: 4(SR) 6(JR)
Louiseville: 5 (SR) 5 (JR)

So many of Texas fans don't know anything about football and probably never stepped on a football field.
I certainly include myself as one who is not an educated football coach. I am not for sure anyone on this form is an acyual coach, so I consider the information as opinion. I try to base my comments on the results of the games and not just one season. Charlie may be a great coach, but he has not put together a strong assistant staff. If Defense is his specialty, he should hire the best offensive coach in the country. Our offense has scored enough points to win every game, defense can not hold anyone. we are trying what TECH and TCU has tried, hope to outscore everyone. That is great until the other teams always scores last. I like Charlie, but feel we need to hire from the pro level, and try something different. We lost to a very weak OU team. Not the end of the world, but after the win over ND everyone was drinking the kool aid, maybe another 5 years of no defense will produce great results.
OU lost to #2 Ohio State and #6 Houston. There is no way OU is a weak team. In my opinion they are the best team in the Big 12. Baylor and WVU are overrated.

Charlie Strong first full recruiting class was last year and they had to play as True Freshmen because they were the best players on the team. Fans were pissed then and seem to forget that these kids were fresh outta High School and were making mistakes and couldn't stop these Big 12 spread offenses.

His second recruiting class are also playing as True Freshmen because they are better than the JR and SR.

If so many FR and SO have to play because they are the best players on the them, that tells me that Mack Brown didn't leave much talent when he got fired. Playing a shit load of FR and SO is not normal. I don't care who the head coach is. I doubt anyone could do good with Texas young team. Next year when Malik Jefferson and the player in his class are JR, that is when I expect Texas Defense to be really good.

Why would any pro coach want to coach at Texas when there are rumors about firing a coach when he only had two years of his own recruits. Texas still have 7 games to play and I look for them to finish the season strong and go 8-4.

I don't know why any coach would want to coach at Texas when you have to put up with so much BS from the Good Ol' Boy boosters.
5,000,000 per year they will come. We can Mack Brown tell hell freezes. I remember when we thought Fred Ackers was not doing the job. Please give me the date Mack is not resomnsible and Charlie is. I am good with that.
No sacks till the last play when they were running clock out. Jefferson looks unmotivated compared to last year for some reason. Last year he was a bright star in every play. Yesterday I watched him not even join in on gang tacking, standing there and watching. Charlie won't be going anywhere (10 mil buyout) if he wins 7 and wins his bowl game which is 8 wins. Yes, this is getting depressing again. We will see what attendance looks like next Sat against Iowa State. If attendance suffers that will hurt his chances. The game against Baylor and TCU might fill up more due to their fans. WV is the only other home game. I'm thinking of selling my tickets. Go Shaka!
5,000,000 per year they will come. We can Mack Brown tell hell freezes. I remember when we thought Fred Ackers was not doing the job. Please give me the date Mack is not resomnsible and Charlie is. I am good with that. Originally Posted by 56022256
I predict next year Texas will win the Big 12. Charlie Strong will have 3 full recruiting classes and most of the starters will be players he recruited. When 6 of your starters on defense are true sophomores, there is no way you will have consistent play. Especially in the Big 12 when most of the offenses run a spread. I don't care who the head coach.

Texas couldn't get the coach they wanted 3 years ago. I don't know what makes you think they will next time. The Texas Athletic Department is a hot mess. As long as the Boosters think they run the show Texas will always have problems finding their dream coach.
Maybe you should listen to sports talk radio or read some non biased articles. How can they go say 6-1 or anything close when the best "run" he has made was 3 games. Hell, his best season was 6-7.
There' no way he goes 7-1. 4-3 maybe.
Here's what I see the rest of the season. I hope we can win 1 of these I have as a loss to give Charlie 7 wins and a bowl victory will give him 8.
Iowa St- W, K State- L, Baylor -L, Texas Tech-W, WV-W, Kansas-W, TCU-L The home games are Iowa St, Baylor, WV & TCU
Texas is 5-3 in the last 8 home games in Austin. They lost those 3 games by a combined 7 points. Texas play much better at home and I like their chances in the remaining 4 homes games.

They have to go on the road to play K. State, TTU and Kansas.

I can definitely see them going 6-1.
Maybe you should listen to sports talk radio or read some non biased articles. How can they go say 6-1 or anything close when the best "run" he has made was 3 games. Hell, his best season was 6-7. Originally Posted by Congratulations
I watch every game Texas play and I know Texas football. Since you said I need a non biased opinion or articles. Is this video good enough for you? I'm not a fan of Kirk Herbstreit but he hit the nail on the head. I'm a die hard Texas fan and I know Texas AD, Athletic Department, Booters and Ignorant fan base are a Hot Mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d67t1itLUW0
But they haven't played the four top qbs yet. You cant hope to out score everyone when you cant tackle.

Also, they need a real AD not a lawyer who has no sports background.

I agree with Kirk. Unrealistic expectations by fans like going 6-1 is "realistic"
Here's what I see the rest of the season. I hope we can win 1 of these I have as a loss to give Charlie 7 wins and a bowl victory will give him 8.
Iowa St- W, K State- L, Baylor -L, Texas Tech-W, WV-W, Kansas-W, TCU-L The home games are Iowa St, Baylor, WV & TCU Originally Posted by derek303
Baylor could be "pick-em." Baylor struggled at Iowa State. TCU was weak at Kansas last Saturday.