Give me the best seafood restaurant recommendations!

• Oppa
  • 01-26-2012, 11:21 AM
you people are crazy...Lefty's is the best SEAFOOD...not cajun...not steak...stricktly SEAFOOD..which is what was asked
Lefty's is seafood prepared in a New England style, Pappadeaux's is seafood prepared in a Creole style. To say that Pappdeaux's isn't a seafood restaurant is absurd. The freaking name of the place is Pappadeaux SEAFOOD Kitchen.
And a quick perusal of your vaulted "strickly seafood" Lefty's shows they do Chicke Parmesan, Chicken Piccata, and a slew of other takes on italian american; as well as grilled rib eye.............so your whole theory on how great Lefty's is because they are "strickly seafood" is kinda for nothing.

My experience in judging how good a seafood place rates is their sourceing; and IMO Sea Breeze is very much fresh and seasonal.

you people are crazy...Lefty's is the best SEAFOOD...not cajun...not steak...stricktly SEAFOOD..which is what was asked Originally Posted by cashgame
Lefty's is seafood prepared in a New England style, Pappadeaux's is seafood prepared in a Creole style. To say that Pappdeaux's isn't a seafood restaurant is absurd. The freaking name of the place is Pappadeaux SEAFOOD Kitchen. Originally Posted by Oppa
Ava- lots of good recommendations in Addison area on Beltline...But... get a hobbyist to take you to CafePacific in Highland Park...

It's considered the "it" seafood place of Dallas.

http://www.cafepacificdallas.com/pdf/dinner.pdf
Pappadeaux is good, but for casual seafood Big Shucks on Coit is really good. They have a great spicy shrimp cocktail.
S&D Oyster on Mckinney. Is Daddy Jacks on Lower Greenville still open? Excellent seafood. For a real treat, take I-35 south until you hit San Antonio 250 miles or so down the road... and find a Sea Island. Truly excellent fried seafood, best I have ever had.....
Yes, Daddy Jack's is still open and the only reason I haven't mentioned it is because its so good. Didn't want to make the wait any longer. The clam chowder and lobster bisque are exceptional. Great desserts too. Crazy thing is, although the seafood is terrific, they also make an unbelievable steak.
On the recommendation here, tried Sea Breeze on Preston Road and found it lives up its billing. The Char cooked on cedar plank is amazing. Side dishes are good too but best ones seem to sell out early so plan accordingly. Going back this weekend.
Pappadeaux. I'll even buy
Yep.........glad you gave it a try.

On the recommendation here, tried Sea Breeze on Preston Road and found it lives up its billing. The Char cooked on cedar plank is amazing. Side dishes are good too but best ones seem to sell out early so plan accordingly. Going back this weekend. Originally Posted by Sierra977