Erykah Badu gets naked downtown for her video:

I think everyone has expressed some very valid points. I don't want this to go in a racial direction or get too heated, and it seems to be going that way; that was not my intent of the thread.

Thanks everyone for your opinions! Have a wonderful week!
Stripping in front of children...showing disrespect at the sight of the assasination of the President of the United States...perhaps Lady Gaga can strip and do a hot lil' bump and grind on the balcony outside MLK's room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis. All equally disturbing and unacceptable. Freedom of speech carries with it the need to show some sensitivity towards others. Badu did her skanky strip to promote another video. She wasn't doing it to protest violence in America, continued racism towards minorities, poor schools, starving children or wars overseas. She did it to benefit herself at the expense of others who found her self-obsessed, "who gives a f_ck about the children" performance offensive. She'll pay her fine and make her video. It's nice to know who she is and what she doesn't believe in.
You know what the real killer part about the lady pressing charges about her kid being "affected"? Why did she wait until the video was released a full month later to claim her child was upset about the nudity? It's not like she shot the shit live. She should have called 911 athe the time or filed her report the same day. What's all this wait for publicity to cry foul shit, gimme a break.
.. and still there would be black people who could care less. .. I'm still lost on how the "disrespect" of the assassination spot of JFK equates to anything racial? Dude this is just some bullshit music video .. breath.

perhaps Lady Gaga can strip and do a hot lil' bump and grind on the balcony outside MLK's room at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis. Originally Posted by txcwby6
Mr No Confidence,
It's so funny how a eccie guy can bring race into something like this. Erykah said she simply picked the most popular location in Dallas to make her impression. The video she copied (yeah txcwby it's a copycat video) was shot in Times square. You see any place around here comprabile to Times square genius? Small minds always stay stuck on low, racial disharmony when not applicable shows your ignorance and lack of insight into true art. Thus you are (txcwby) the target audience for the theme of her visual display........GROUPTHINK..... look it up since you obviously did not hear the poem at the end of the video...
Freedom of speech carries with it the need to show some sensitivity towards others. Originally Posted by txcwby6
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
Can someone please take this thread out to pasture please
I support Badu's right to be and/or act like an ass. It's even generated this thread and I support and respect all of the points of view that have been expressed. I don't agree with her method of expression or the location she chose to do it.
Can someone please take this thread out to pasture please Originally Posted by UTR ATF
Looks like this has ran its course for 5 days. Closed at the request of OP

Bushaholic