Is there a reason why some of the older guys on the board have turned into cranky lil curmudgeons?

Welcome back, spSS! (And thanks, Mr. O, for the heads-up.) Great, now you've got more people up in arms when it seems their arms are permanently up in these times of dissension on ECCIE (seemingly at least a year) and across the globe. Now, I must say that this sample of yours is one of convenience, right, so the results are highly suspect from the get-go. We would have to at least assume the few people in your sample are representative of curmudgeonly KC guys, something that's also suspect. Yes, you just noted that only a few voted and that we are out of the realm of behavioral science. And since we're relying on self-report, I think any internal validity is out the window! I think this was highly regreSSive and should have been non-parameterized in the first place! "Yes, we have no parameters, we have no parameters today."

In summary, the state of the world is often more about the state of one's mind/brain as it views the world. My current state represents a world that sucks and blows at the same time (though YMMV), while thoughts of anything sexual are banished from my mind immediately due to personal penury that looks to be a permanent state looking toward eternity. And eternity is looking like an awfully good option.
Neverthewho, welcome back, and feel free to light the fires at will. I have terminal head and neck aches that alternate sides every day. I also got a supply of marshmallows over the weekend. QED
Hello HH - yes, your statements are inline with common practice in the field, or the out of the field for a fact. Even at a 0.10 level.

I am young and female, yes they are 1 33%
I am young and female, they are not 2 66%
3 female votes

I am old and male, they are 6 32.5%
I am old and male, they are not 10 62.5%
16 old male votes

I am young and male, they are 3 60%
I am young and male, they are not 2 40%
5 young male votes

all males yes 9 43%
no 12 57%

Over all yes 10 42%
no 14 58
Can we close the damn thing now!
Geez, lighten up you cranky old curmudgeon!
Geez, lighten up you cranky old curmudgeon! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good one, again!

NTT, let's just call it a pilot study. With a .1 alpha, even the non-hardened skeptic will have trouble believing any conclusions. As Captain Kirk used to say, "Scotty, we need more power!"
Newtotown, there are 11 kinds of people in the world, those who know binary, and those who don't. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

I always thought it was 10 kinds of people...
I always thought it was 10 kinds of people... Originally Posted by KCManlet
Correct. The joke is "10 kinds of people"
Correct. The joke is "10 kinds of people" Originally Posted by KCQuestor
Q, you're on target again! Of course, in support of COG, there might be 11 kinds of people: those who know binary, those who don't, and those who don't give a digit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system
binary numeral system, or base-2 number system, represents numeric values using two symbols, 0 and 1.
For more information or a translation, go to:
http://www.mathsisfun.com/binary-number-system.html
...good clean fun, thank you to all contributors.
Binary is perfect, it has to be. I however, am not. I once thought that I was wrong, only to find I was mistaken.
...good clean fun, thank you to all contributors. Originally Posted by newtotown
Well, NTT, these items are good diversions from the usual fare, even though they are far afield of ECCIE's mission!

Binary is perfect, it has to be. I however, am not. I once thought that I was wrong, only to find I was mistaken. Originally Posted by perpetualdesign
Perpetual, I actually like the empty set! You may know this as a version of the liar's paradox. In fact, your username is a good match for your post and what follows. You said you thought you were once wrong, but were mistaken. So you were actually correct, but would your having been mistaken still been in force? If so, you were really wrong, but of course still mistaken. On and on, far off into the night, as one of my math profs used to say so eloquently about infinite series.

OK, back to our regularly scheduled discussions.
fuck you strong message to follow
Alrighty then....ekim008 has spoken, message to follow
Alrighty then....ekim008 has spoken, message to follow Originally Posted by vkmaster
Something must have happened to him, and he didn't specify who "you" is.
@hughhefner....Perhaps his message, and who it was intended for, will go down along with the mysteries of the tombs of Cario

Our lost???? Or perhaps our gain!!!!