For Christmas, she wants an appointment. Really?

I'm retired but I have a business. Come Christmas time, I will be buying gifts for some of those that do business with me. I would feel odd if one bought a gift for me. They show their appreciation, each month, when they pay the invoices.

Like anyone else I know, I've done favors for providers. I've helped out in many different ways. Just recently, I had one of the girls having trouble with a business. It was a situation where I have a lot of expertise. I coached her on how to deal with them and it saved her about $1000. I consider it just human decency. I would not feel comfortable giving that same girl a gift. I would be afraid that she might misinterpret my intentions. Originally Posted by OldLRRP
I almost stroked out the last time I was given a gift at work, it was by a customer. She gave me a card, and a Hugo Boss Tie+Kerchief. I was thinking she maybe put anthrax in it or something, it's almost unsettling to get a gift from a customer, especially a nice one. If I'd opened the box, and it was full of dogshit I might have been happier about it.
I'll just go with the obvious.

If you've known the lady in a somewhat regular way for three years, then you know what she wants. Or should. Red flag if you don't.

If the lady of three years answers you, beyond "Oh, you don't need to get me anything" with an answer of having an appointment, then that's what she wants from you. Red flag if she can't give you any other verbal answer than that.

So give her an appt and quit sweating it. Of course, it's up to you on how special you want to make it, with some added unusual gestures, if you must. Clearly, you two are not on a gift giving path(and not reciprocal)---anything else and you are going to make things awkward.
  • EZ.
  • 10-15-2014, 07:53 AM
All this talk about ATFs. My theory is to try to be with them all and then pick one. I'm too new being back in Dallas. What is her body type? These guys can give you some suggestions. Give yourself a Christmas present and move on.
Lance, I'd do the appointment around Christmas and giver her a few extra bucks.... She could probably use the extra cash that time of year.

Nothing wrong with that.... You get laid, wish her Merry Christmas and that you really appreciate her. You may feel like you'd like to do more, but I think the above is appropriate.

Good luck and thanks for what you do for us!
Another aspect is that sometimes people in this business (both sides) don't want a gift that they may have to explain to their real life friends/family.

"Who gotcha those crotchless panties"???
After a little consideration over the weekend, I was thinkin' maybe this:

Attachment 360502

Subtle praise of her skills, some degree of practicality, and not too sentimental. Would look good with scrubs, too.
After a little consideration over the weekend, I was thinkin' maybe this:

Attachment 360502

Subtle praise of her skills, some degree of practicality, and not too sentimental. Would look good with scrubs, too. Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!! - John McEnroe
  • EZ.
  • 10-20-2014, 02:20 PM
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!! - John McEnroe Originally Posted by samantha thom
Now, we understand why she wasn't keen on a gift.
Please man, just give her a little extra in the envelope...

Please man, just give her a little extra in the envelope...

Originally Posted by thathottnurse
That's all she is wanting from you $$$$$
So I guess you guys think a piece of costume jewelry wouldn't go over too well, either, huh?

Attachment 360699
So I guess you guys think a piece of costume jewelry wouldn't go over too well, either, huh?

Attachment 360699 Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
THAT is great!

Attachment 360699 Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
Adding this to my amazon wishlist . . . .
THAT is great! Originally Posted by EasyLover214
Ditto!!!
Are you serious? Originally Posted by OldLRRP
I like my quote from John McEnroe better than your question/statement. LOL