Favorite wine

Mmmmm, I picked up what I thought was kind of a throw away bottle for Thanksgiving to use in the gravy and fell in love. Louis Jadot Beaujolais Villages. Smooth, not at all dry. And cheese? OMG I luffs cheese!!! Double cream gouda, any sort of cheddar, brie, buffalo mozzerella, but NO goat's milk cheese.
Allegrini Amarone
anything by andy erickson right now. Favia,arietta,levithan
red wine, various sorts.........i love american wines and italian wines.
Katzrin 1990 Cabernet may be the best I have tasted in a long time. Have not had the chance to be gifted with an old Laffite or Petrus. Anyone looking for a my birthday gift ... lol
Chateau Montelena Cabernet Sauvignon -- liquid sunshine.
Japenese Fukki Plum wine is my favorite though. Originally Posted by Lacey Companion
I've had Plum wine served in between courses at a Ryokan in Hakone. It was fabulous. Cleansed the palate. When friends from Japan visit here, they know to bring a bottle.
Quintessa and Cakebread are 2 of my faves, and lower budgets like Kendall Jackson and Robert Mondavi are pretty good too. ) Originally Posted by London Rayne
Well, since it's been 28+ years since I got to indulge in wine (or anything else of an imbibing nature) I can only pass along heresay. That caveat made, my ex-father-in-law, a wealthy and selective wine consumer, likes Cakebread so much he bought part of the company. So I would think it is a pretty good choice. He says their Cabernet is the absolute best. For whatever that's worth...

Personally I always thought a good scotch was vastly superior to anything else on the planet, but look where that got me.

Cakebread is excellent! You ex-F-I-L made a good investment. Johnny Walker Blue can be danerous in quantity.
Wirra Wirra Vineyards "Church Block"
~
Can not get it in the States anymore and I drank my last bottle XMAS Eve (I damn near teared up).
Drinks like a bigger CAN but finishes with a soft, spicy tone.
I used to sell the shit out of it when I worked in a wine shop in Texas.

Cheers!
Mr. Clean Owner: You'll feel better about drinking that bottle after reading this (okay except that you didn't do it on OTBN):
http://www.openthatbottlenight.com/
http://www.vinography.com/archives/2...bottle_ni.html
http://guides.wsj.com/wine/entertain...-bottle-night/
Cakebread is excellent! You ex-F-I-L made a good investment. Johnny Walker Blue can be danerous in quantity. Originally Posted by SR Only
Yeah, I usually had about a quart of scotch each night, after 1-2 cases of beer during the day. Except for when I seriously needed to party, when I did Tequila instead. Never had a hangover, though... I started the next morning before rolling out of the rack.

Which is why I haven't had anything since 82.

TGT, good for you on the lifestyle change. It would have done you in otherwise. So the only vice now is lovely HDHs? Good vice.
Which is why I haven't had anything since 82. Originally Posted by topguntex
82? Damn dude how old are you now?
Well, since it's been 28+ years since I got to indulge in wine (or anything else of an imbibing nature) I can only pass along heresay. That caveat made, my ex-father-in-law, a wealthy and selective wine consumer, likes Cakebread so much he bought part of the company. So I would think it is a pretty good choice. He says their Cabernet is the absolute best. For whatever that's worth...

Personally I always thought a good scotch was vastly superior to anything else on the planet, but look where that got me.

Originally Posted by topguntex
Their Chardonnay is fab as well...just about any wine they make is a great compliment to a meal, and stands well alone.

I am a Vodka and Tequila girl myself when I am mixing, but usually girlie, frozen drinks he he. It's been Hot Chocolate and Bailey's for the past month, but I am having a dinner party tomorrow...wine will be served in abundance.