Zeke Suspended for 6 Games.. are the Cowboys Fucked This Year?

• grean
  • 10-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Judge lifted the stay or restraining order of the NFL's suspension today. Can be suspended immediately.
  • grean
  • 10-12-2017, 09:27 PM
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/12/ho...t-fantasy-team

Maybe with my luck if I start predicting it one way.....
Judge lifted the stay or restraining order of the NFL's suspension today. Can be suspended immediately. Originally Posted by grean
oh swell.. Zeke likely (?) suspended, the Jerry Jones "stand or be benched" edict, and a 2-3 record.. fucked sounds about right.
After tonight's game.....Philly at Carolina (Iggles won btw)....it became evident that Dallas wasn't gonna be a strong bet to win this division in 2017. Zeke on suspension obviously isn't gonna help achieving that goal either.

Poor play from the defense compounds things; too much youth...and still way too many holes remain the be filled. A 7-9 or 9-7 record at best. With Zeke missing....maybe a 6-10 season is more likely considering the schedule.

All in all Garrett's butt officially needs to be on the Hot Seat as of today. His 1972 Playbook is so predictable....lacks imagination in ways I cannot begin to describe. At times I'm truly amazed he actually attended an Ivy League school (Princeton)......most of the time he thinks (and coaches) as if he's a former student of that POS cult located in College Station.
oh swell.. Zeke likely (?) suspended, the Jerry Jones "stand or be benched" edict, and a 2-3 record.. fucked sounds about right. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Lol exactly chung, but dallas is fucked until Jerry Jones passes away.

Legendary Jerry Jones
10-13-1942 to present

Ironically his birthday is today he is 75 years old, he just maybe can pull off another 15 years and make 90. If he can, then the cowboy fans have at least another 15 years before they can play in the NFC championship game lol. The Super Bowl will come 3 years later, when it will be there 40th year anniversary since they been to a super bowl.

Last Super Bowl-1995
Next super bowl-2035

Get your tickets today for $1.00 for the 2035 super bowl with the Dallas Cowboys VS another NFL team lol
  • grean
  • 10-13-2017, 04:35 AM
oh swell.. Zeke likely (?) suspended, the Jerry Jones "stand or be benched" edict, and a 2-3 record.. fucked sounds about right. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Paper said there were a few options left for zeke. With the bye week, zeke may have enough time to get it lifted, again, before they play the 49ers.

However, the same article suggested ithat may be more prudent to take the hit now and be back by the 11/30 game vs Washington.

I believe this is the similar point where Brady decided to do take the hit instead of pushing the lawsuit.

Perhaps Zeke will continue to fight because the allegations are much more serious than ball air pressure. Accepting the suspension to many will be an admissions of guilt. Am I wrong?

Cowboys do still have a slim plath to the post season since we already beat the giants once and our other divisionals are late in the season.

That could be enough cover for zeke to take it now and say he's doing it for the best interests of the team.

Now the Cowboys either can beat the 49rs without Zeke or they really have no chance this year anyway.

But then

Say they figure out how to get by the 1st Redskin game without zeke too. If not, they must win the 2nd game with him on the 30th.

They'll more than likely lose to the chiefs and falcons.

Then they have the Eagles for the first time. Again if they take a loss here, no biggy as long as they do win the next time when zeke returns.

They need to also find a way to win against the chargers. If they don't, well....

Yay! It's 11/30 and zeke is back for the second division against Washington.

Of course my ass has been doing the talking for me as of late.

Will note I did not give some outlandish plan that gets them into the SB. Just a path that MAY get them a wildcard seed in the post season.

On another note, I wonder if Dez would get benched, of he were to kneel. That's a big contract payment. I don't know if there are any stipulations for Jerry getting out of paying it barring any league suspension. Maybe there is. I don't see Jerry not using an asset he has to pay for anyway, though.
Say they figure out how to get by the 1st Redskin game without zeke too. If not, they must win the 2nd game with him on the 30th.

They'll more than likely lose to the chiefs and falcons.

Then they have the Eagles for the first time. Again if they take a loss here, no biggy as long as they do win the next time when zeke returns.

On another note, I wonder if Dez would get benched, of he were to kneel. That's a big contract payment. I don't know if there are any stipulations for Jerry getting out of paying it barring any league suspension. Maybe there is. I don't see Jerry not using an asset he has to pay for anyway, though. Originally Posted by grean
I think you're (finally ) on to something grean.. that is a Hell of a schedule coming up.. with that in mind, I say take the suspension (first I would "offer" to do just 4 games, in case the NFL is into deal-cutting, LOL).. if it all collapses, better draft pick for next year.. Morris is pretty damn good as a Zeke replacement, we may not miss much.. but the 'Boys must rely on a late season surge, regardless.

I think Dez is not about to take a knee.. with all the crap the Cowboys are going through, he's smart enough to keep it from escalating.
Count : NFL 1 Jerry 0 , its on going
  • grean
  • 10-13-2017, 06:16 PM
I think you're (finally ) on to something grean.. that is a Hell of a schedule coming up.. with that in mind, I say take the suspension (first I would "offer" to do just 4 games, in case the NFL is into deal-cutting, LOL).. if it all collapses, better draft pick for next year.. Morris is pretty damn good as a Zeke replacement, we may not miss much.. but the 'Boys must rely on a late season surge, regardless.

I think Dez is not about to take a knee.. with all the crap the Cowboys are going through, he's smart enough to keep it from escalating. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Zeke whether it's the o-line or just all the off the field junk getting in his head hasn't been the same. Probably a little of both.

There have been a few plays were Morris has broke free for a few good yards and I think, " only if zeke took the snap, he could have turned that 8 yard run into 15 or a TD even." Then I think, would he have given the extra effort like Morris to break free? His head just isn't in the game.
  • grean
  • 10-13-2017, 06:21 PM
Either way, I do hope zeke takes the court battle all the way. The commissioner is setting up lots of good guys for some heavy shake downs. Not all footballers beat women.
I agree, Zeke isn't all there this year.. I think he should fight all the way, too, assuming he really is not guilty.. and from what I observe, he is not.

it is very difficult for a top running back to stay at the top.. like starting pitchers in baseball.. you have a great year, then the league starts to figure you out. the little injuries accumulate into pain week-after-week.

if your head is not all the way in the games, you're in trouble.
They have taken the F Out of the NFL. ....fun and football.
They have taken the F Out of the NFL. ....fun and football. Originally Posted by rubberbiscuit
In what way? Just curious
Either way, I do hope zeke takes the court battle all the way. The commissioner is setting up lots of good guys for some heavy shake downs. Not all footballers beat women. Originally Posted by grean

I do not like the cows and never have ... But I insist on fair play and the NFL, and the lord almighty Goodell, seem to insist on not playing fair. Per Jerry, he has all the info and the NFL is ignoring most of it. It seems the NFL has their theory of what occurred and built a case to support it, while carefully omitting some details that may cloud their theory.

Elliott should fight the suspension for all its worth and then sue the fuck out of the NFL for damages ... if he innocent. The six games is just sex games but damage to reputation is difficult to restore. If he gets injured and has diminished skills the suspension makes his guaranteed money go away. This is more far reaching than six games, its his future.
  • Cosyg
  • 10-14-2017, 12:54 PM
This made my decision where to put my $$$ a little easier, NOT on the crippled (w or wo Zeke) Cowboys but a good fuck.